User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 3:04:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

"On here".

I've seen people treat vendors here as if they were Jim Jones throwing in some Kool-aid with their AR accessory order.

Despite outward appearance I'm not attacking the Church or its membership, simply stating what is abundantly obvious.

View Quote

I'm not taking it as an attack.

Mike Kennedy and Jenny Wilson are also members of The Church. The Church isn't going to endorse one over the other because of their religion.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 3:04:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Mittens used his 2002 winter Olympics success and his religion to dupe Utahans into voting for him under the false pretense that he was a Republican. It only happened once, and Mittens had made his left leaning stance abundantly clear to Utah voters, who voted 58.1% for Trump over Biden's 37.6% in the last election.

Meanwhile we are finally getting Constitutional Carry and hopefully a preemption law refusing to enforce federal gun laws that aren't in line with state gun laws which has already passed the House.

Romney is not in line with our values and he doesn't represent the majority of us. He is NOT Utah and shouldn't be used as an indicator of what Utah believes.
View Quote

So begs the question will he be re-elected come next time? If yes then Utah is Romney.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 3:04:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'm just saying that either my stake is locked out and they don't share that info with us, or you're incorrect.
View Quote

Having been the subject of an ongoing influence operation, coercion and general pressure from family members that continue to participate in the Church in an effort to steer me away from Trump, I'll just say that I suspect your experience does not comport with that of others, in much the same way that mine does not. I am 115% certain that those same family members were and continue to be all in for Willard due entirely to his religious orientation.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 3:06:20 PM EDT
[#4]
utAh iZ NOt roMneY...

Also Utah;

2018 Primary:

2018 General:

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 3:06:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Having been the subject of an ongoing influence operation, coercion and general pressure from family members that continue to participate in the Church in an effort to steer me away from Trump, I'll just say that I suspect your experience does not comport with that of others, in much the same way that mine does not. I am 115% certain that those same family members were and continue to be all in for Willard due entirely to his religious orientation.
View Quote

Not to shift topics, but are you saying that your Church family members are anti-Trump?
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 3:06:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It's certainly not biblical in any possible way.

You can look all this stuff up. They look ridiculous, which of course invites ridicule. But there's more to it.

Catholics are ridiculed all the time for having ashes on Ash Wednesday, Jews for any number of things.

The underwear is reported to have magical powers to protect the wearer from harm. This, coupled with the fact that it's indeed underwear, in addition to how it looks is what makes it hands down the easiest religious ridicule target to hit of them all.

View Quote

Garments dont have magical powers nor is it doctrine that they have magical powers regardless of what the relief society wants to teach.

And I wish mens garments were as compatible with clothes as women's are. As it is they are physically the same as wearing boxers and an undershirt. Big whoop.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 3:08:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Not buying the "we got duped" line. His record as governor of Massachusetts was not exactly stellar.
View Quote

His record with the 2002 Olympics is stellar, and his endorsement from Trump was stellar. So here we are now.

But you got Harry Reid, so...
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 3:08:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Mike Kennedy and Jenny Wilson are also members of The Church. The Church isn't going to endorse one over the other because of their religion.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"On here".

I've seen people treat vendors here as if they were Jim Jones throwing in some Kool-aid with their AR accessory order.

Despite outward appearance I'm not attacking the Church or its membership, simply stating what is abundantly obvious.

LOL, of course not.

They will however shun any candidate who is not a member of the Church, and insomuch as the Church is the driving political force in the State, the Church is by proxy choosing their political representation.

Let's pretend Willard is a Baptist, would he be elected or not?
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 3:10:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Not to shift topics, but are you saying that your Church family members are anti-Trump?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Many of them yes.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 3:10:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 3:14:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

LOL, of course not.

They will however shun any candidate who is not a member of the Church, and insomuch as the Church is the driving political force in the State, the Church is by proxy choosing their political representation.

View Quote

Get a Baptist to successfully run the 2002 Olympics, be a former state Governor, and get Trumps endorsement and we will see.

Why didn't The Church want Jenny Wilson or Mike Kennedy? Especially Jenny Wilson who is a Democrat. Instead of fuckstick mittens who is a closet democrat.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 3:15:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

And?

View All Quotes

That despite all the games youre playing, Romney won both in a landslide.

Clearly Utah’s values line up with his.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 3:15:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

My church going family doesn't like Trump either. That's not surprising. They aren't fond of his serial adultery.

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 3:16:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That despite all the games youre playing, Romney won both in a landslide.

Clearly Utah’s values line up with his.
View Quote

What was the platform of Wilson and Kennedy?
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 3:20:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 3:25:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Get a Baptist to successfully run the 2002 Olympics, be a former state Governor, and get Trumps endorsement and we will see.

Why didn't The Church want Jenny Wilson or Mike Kennedy? Especially Jenny Wilson who is a Democrat. Instead of fuckstick mittens who is a closet democrat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, of course not.

I already answered that.

He is/was perceived as best for their business.

You guys keep trotting out "muh Olympics" as if the entirety of all other events is entirely eclipsed by that one single action.

BUT then you dodge the question which doesn't surprise me. If Willard was a Baptist would he have been elected?
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 3:28:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Can't exactly do that by myself, can I? Couldn't do it with ALL the UT guys on the forum. When has it even been done last in ANY state?
View Quote

That kinda contradicts the premise of the original post, doesn't it?

If this is true "He is NOT Utah and shouldn't be used as an indicator of what Utah believes" then the above doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 3:34:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What was the platform of Wilson and Kennedy?
View Quote

Kennedy's gun stance is light years better than Romneys.

Guess that's not important in Utah.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 3:39:15 PM EDT
[#19]
coc
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 3:40:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Yes, but will Utah elect anyone who is NOT a LDS?
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 3:45:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Many of them yes.
View Quote

Interesting.  My ward is mostly pro-Trump.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 3:48:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Just as San Francisco and Los Angeles are not California, but haters gonna hate.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 3:52:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Figures this would just turn into yet another Mormon-bashing thread.

Seriously, who gives a fuck about another man's underwear preferences?

Anyway, fuck Mittens. Like many have said, we'll know the truth when Romney comes up for reelection. Hope he votes for gun control when all that comes down and seals his political fate here.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 3:54:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Many of them yes.

How would you know that if those conversations you maintain do not occur, did not occur?

Seriously, it's not difficult to drive sentiment or apply influence to drive political decisions, and in a community that shows a great deal of respect for their religious leaders the outcome is entirely predictable.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 4:01:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

How would you know that if those conversations you maintain do not occur, did not occur?

Seriously, it's not difficult to drive sentiment or apply influence to drive political decisions, and in a community that shows a great deal of respect for their religious leaders the outcome is entirely predictable.
View Quote

Because I'm perfectly capable of looking at people's lawn signs and seeing their social media posts.  Q didn't tell me.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 4:10:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Put it another way...

Why did Romney come to Utah to run for the Senate?

I don't think he was a resident prior to the run.  He may of had property, but I don't think he lived here year round.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 4:12:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/deOINby-52.gif

Is Gov Northam Virginia? Does he speak for all the people who were at that big 2A rally? Is VA expanding on gun rights and pushing against fed domination?
View Quote
As a Virginian, in NoVA no less, I'd say, "Yes". Northam is representative of Virginia, and where it is headed.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 4:15:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Put it another way...

Why did Romney come to Utah to run for the Senate?
View Quote

[denzel]BOOM[/denzel]
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 4:15:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Mittens used his 2002 winter Olympics success and his religion to dupe Utahans into voting for him under the false pretense that he was a Republican. It only happened once, and Mittens had made his left leaning stance abundantly clear to Utah voters, who voted 58.1% for Trump over Biden's 37.6% in the last election.

Meanwhile we are finally getting Constitutional Carry and hopefully a preemption law refusing to enforce federal gun laws that aren't in line with state gun laws which has already passed the House.

Romney is not in line with our values and he doesn't represent the majority of us. He is NOT Utah and shouldn't be used as an indicator of what Utah believes.
View Quote
We used to have John McCain.

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 4:18:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Yes it is, unless you convince the church to dump him, he will be your senator.

Mormons will follow whatever the church tells them. I lived in UT for 4 years as a non Mormon. This is a true fact for UT
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 4:23:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Because I'm perfectly capable of looking at people's lawn signs and seeing their social media posts.  Q didn't tell me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So the apolitical local church members who do not endorse any particular candidate, nor do they discuss it within the Ward or Stake put up signs in their yards to serve what purpose?

Could a Stake President or Priest or Bishop putting a political candidates sign in their yard be considered by anyone a reflection of the Church or an endorsement by the Church?
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 4:27:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

So the apolitical local church members who do not endorse any particular candidate, nor do they discuss it within the Ward or Stake put up signs in their yards to serve what purpose?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I never said local church members don't discuss political candidates.  Church members aren't apolitical.  The Church is apolitical.  There is a difference.  I said if Church leaders privately directed endorsement of candidates, as was claimed, they forget to tell my stake.

I think it's a bogus claim.

Could a Stake President or Priest or Bishop putting a political candidates sign in their yard be considered by anyone a reflection of the Church or an endorsement by the Church?

This is one of the silliest things I've seen in quite some time.  That said, I don't recall ever seeing my Bishop or Stake President with a political sign in their yard.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 4:27:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL, whatever your family circumstances may be, you are so woefully uninformed about the church that you should just stop posting about it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 4:35:40 PM EDT
[#34]

Yep, but the UT Romney deniers don't want to see that shit because they were the problem unless they sat out the primary for some reason. Maybe they were tired.

How the blue fuck they could choose Carpetbagger Reek over staunch 2A supporter and physician Mike Kennedy defies logic.

From what little I looked into it Kennedy was a far and away better choice than Reek....They must have a very low bar for what passes for "rock star" in UT.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 4:39:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Yes it is, unless you convince the church to dump him, he will be your senator.

Mormons will follow whatever the church tells them. I lived in UT for 4 years as a non Mormon. This is a true fact for UT
View Quote

Whatever you say bud.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 4:41:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

So begs the question will he be re-elected come next time? If yes then Utah is Romney.
View Quote
Mitt has the seat for as long as he wants it. Otherwise he'd have been censured for his star chamber vote against Trump during the kangaroo trial on bogus charges. The other backstabbers have all been censured.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 4:56:02 PM EDT
[#37]
GD's Romney Derangement Syndrome never ceases to amaze me.

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 4:57:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

I wonder why he gets more attention than Susan Collins et al?
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 4:58:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

LOL, whatever your family circumstances may be, you are so woefully uninformed about the church that you should just stop posting about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're right, local church leaders don't have any influence at all over the membership, and Willard would have been elected because of the Olympics, and it is just purely coincidental that all candidates are LDS.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 5:00:13 PM EDT
[#40]
bet he gets reelected
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 5:02:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Yet the voters of Utah put him in office and they'll do it again.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 5:02:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Whatever you say bud.
View Quote
When I lived there when Romney lost to FBHO and church members told me people didn't vote for Romney because he was Mormon.

They didn't vote for Romney because he is a cocksucking RINO.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 5:03:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You're right, local church leaders don't have any influence at all over the membership, and Willard would have been elected because of the Olympics, and it is just purely coincidental that all candidates are LDS.
View Quote

First, it's not unusual that candidates in a state with an overwhelming density of any segment would be from that segment.  Second, not all the candidates were practicing Latter-day Saints.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 5:04:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

A few of us dared to question Cruz's political acumen in the matter of Cancun. We were called Democrats and trolls.

Just for the record.

[Re: Collins. At least she has an excuse. Her state gets more Democrat every year. She only clings to the seat by a slim margin, mostly contingent on her not offering too big a target to the leftists who never stop trying to pick her off.]
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 5:04:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

he's the only GOP senator  to vote to impeach/remove last year, plus we're all still mad at him for letting obama getting re-elected in 2012

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 5:05:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yep, but the UT Romney deniers don't want to see that shit because they were the problem unless they sat out the primary for some reason. Maybe they were tired.

How the blue fuck they could choose Carpetbagger Reek over staunch 2A supporter and physician Mike Kennedy defies logic.

From what little I looked into it Kennedy was a far and away better choice than Reek....They must have a very low bar for what passes for "rock star" in UT.
View Quote

I can understand why they would want to disassociate themselves from him.

But anyone who thinks that Romney is somehow an outlier from Utah in general has divorced themselves from reality.

He won his Utah elections in a landslide, and will continue to do so until he retires.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 5:26:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Romney IS deranged and deserves every heckle and nasty comment made about him.

I'm just trying to say it doesn't mean everyone with a Utah address (or even the majority) deserve it too. Utah's government is moving in a generally positive direction while Mittens wanders way out in left field and occasionally runs over, takes a shit infront of the pack, giggles and trots back to his far left position.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 5:36:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Many of them yes.

Because he knows with perfect certainty YOUR motivations... He knows YOUR life experiences... He knows MY motivations and life experiences too.  And if they don't comport with HIS motivations and life experiences or his preconceived ideas about you...

YOU are the liar.

Don't you dare claim otherwise. :)

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 5:37:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Cuomo is not New York.

But y'all still hate us regardless
View Quote

I like yous guys that stay up there.

The ones that move down here, not so much.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 5:41:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Because he knows with perfect certainty YOUR motivations... He knows YOUR life experiences... He knows MY motivations and life experiences too.  And if they don't comport with HIS motivations and life experiences or his preconceived ideas about you...

YOU are the liar.

Don't you dare claim otherwise. :)

View Quote

OR I'm perfectly capable of reading and talking to my friends.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top