Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2020 7:09:21 PM EDT
"In response to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, Pope Francis said he will give an extraordinary blessing "urbi et orbi" (to the city and the world) at 6 p.m.Rome time March 27.  
All Catholics and Christians are invited to participate in the special prayer of the Holy Father taking place in Saint Peter's Square this FRIDAY, MARCH 27, 2020.

The Apostolic Nunciature further conveys that during this Statio orbis, which will be broadcast by Mondovision and streamed on the website of Vatican News (WWW.VATICANNEWS.VA) at 6:00 P.M.in Rome, 1:00 P.M. (EDT), the Holy Father will grant to all participants the Plenary Indulgence before imparting the Urbi et Orbi Blessing.

The ceremony will consist in readings from the Scriptures, prayers of supplication, and adoration of the Blessed Sacrament; and will conclude with Pope Francis giving the Urbi et orbi Blessing, with the possibility of gaining a plenary indulgence for all those who listen to it live through the various forms of communication. The blessing "to the City [of Rome] and to the World" is normally only given on Christmas and Easter."

https://www.vaticannews.va/en/pope/news/2020-03/pope-calls-for-christians-to-unite-in-prayer-for-end-to-pandemic.html

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 9:18:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I’m pretty excited for this.  I asked my pastor about the possibility of a “teleconfession” (lol... sigh) and got shot down. This is even better, though.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 9:24:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 10:32:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Took him long enough to recognize this is a BIBLICAL plague.  

This should be a 9 day fast, call for repentance, Eucharistic adoration and reconciliation
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top