Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 11:19:37 AM EDT
[#1]
When I filed my FOIA (FBI/CIA) it came back saying they had nothing, which I thought was a little strange.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 11:27:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
... Involving two fists.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
mom of guy monitoring this thread likes to do butt stuff.
... Involving two fists.
Mom: "now clap..."

Arf dude: "I can't !"

Mom: "Tight,  huh?"
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 11:33:36 AM EDT
[#3]
?Are you the dude that made the registered part of a grenade the handle?

Cause that was brilliant.

I hope you don't get anything back that gives you heartburn.  Hell, it would be good to make sure that they don't have anything wrong in their records, like catching an error on a credit report.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 11:56:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Tag
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 12:01:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The data is there and the government has been collecting it, and more of it, for the last decade at least.
View Quote
The gov has been intercepting and storing it since around 1999-2000. ISP’s installed the equipment in that timeframe directly inline for them.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 12:32:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Interesting thread.....in for results.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 10:13:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You ain't got nothing.  I fucked that guy's grandmother too. Fantastic 4-way, and the grandmother wrote a hefty check for my fee.
View Quote
As long as you claimed it as income
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 10:39:03 PM EDT
[#8]
How did the BATF have access to your SCIF for an interview?  Do they have some sort of blanket SCI billet?

EDIT:  Nevermind.  I reread the post where you said “a” SCIF, not “the” SCIF at your place of work.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 10:44:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 11:10:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You need to hillary those things dude
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In.  Oy, we have 4 Alexas.
You need to hillary those things dude
Do you have a smart phone? If so, having an Alexa is the least of your problems... Your smartphone is ALWAYS listening, and you even carry it around with you wherever you go for them.  Even gave them a camera and video recorder.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 9:39:02 PM EDT
[#11]
For anyone that does this, here's a helpful hint:

For any documents or portions of documents that you block release due to specific exemption(s) from the requirements of the Freedom of Information Act, please provide an index itemizing and describing the documents or portions of documents withheld. The index should, pursuant to the holding of Vaughn v. Rosen (484 F.2D 820 [DC circuit 1973] cert denied. 415 U.S. 977 [1974]), provide a detailed justification for claiming a particular exemption that explains why each such exemption applies to the document or portion of a document withheld.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 10:00:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You shut your mouth! That was a beautiful thing!

One of these days I'll get around to uploading the video for the guys that missed it (some of them were in Grandma's room at the time).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Mother Daughter thing actually kinda creeped me out when they went to town on each other.
You shut your mouth! That was a beautiful thing!

One of these days I'll get around to uploading the video for the guys that missed it (some of them were in Grandma's room at the time).
His grandma keeps the plastic on the sofa because she's a squirter!
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 10:18:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This thread is absolutely fascinating.

... also, you are not allowed to come to my house anymore, mastermind criminal that you obviously are!  
View Quote
What if YOU are named in his file?

@DK-Prof
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 10:28:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You ain't got nothing.  I fucked that guy's grandmother too. Fantastic 4-way, and the grandmother wrote a hefty check for my fee.
View Quote
You too?  I was eating her out and thought it tasted like horse semen.  Then I wondered if that was how she died.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 10:37:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Every SOT I've known well enough to talk to about the issue has said that any inspection involves the ATF agents sending copies of their paperwork back to update the NFA registry, they'll show up with a list of what they think the SOT has in inventory and there will be significant discrepancies.  Of course, the BATFE will still claim the registry is completely accurate in court, even after the Busey letter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In. They can't even manage the nfa registry and they think they can register everyone?
I remember a thread where NOLO posted docs showing that they had huge holes in the registry. Multiple SOTs posted that they frequently got asked about NFA items they no longer had during audits.
Every SOT I've known well enough to talk to about the issue has said that any inspection involves the ATF agents sending copies of their paperwork back to update the NFA registry, they'll show up with a list of what they think the SOT has in inventory and there will be significant discrepancies.  Of course, the BATFE will still claim the registry is completely accurate in court, even after the Busey letter.
@_hacker_
@parabellum08
@lonewolf545

Happened any number of times to me when I was a SOT.  They asked about stuff I didn't have and stuff I had that wasn't registered to me.  "Uh, could I have a copy of that..?"  "When did we approve that transfer and to whom?"  "We've got that down as a 20 gauge in Wisconsin, not a 12 gauge in Florida....."

I've also seen totally botched paperwork dating back to the Amnesty and stuff way pre-amnesty.  Everything from "Don't know" on descriptions to a MG registered in error as a SBR.

The registry is a mess, no two ways about it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 11:40:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 11:58:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Funny that a FOIA thread popped up. I bought an airplane in September. Well dog shit. Here it is December and the log books have been seized and registration process stopped. FAA will not tell me about the investigation. They said I have to request a FOIA on the investigation. WtF. I just want to fly my aircraft. It’s looking like it’s either a drug or gun running aircraft. Well dog shit. I have to wait 4-8 weeks on the FOIA to return to me.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 12:04:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Funny that a FOIA thread popped up. I bought an airplane in September. Well dog shit. Here it is December and the log books have been seized and registration process stopped. FAA will not tell me about the investigation. They said I have to request a FOIA on the investigation. WtF. I just want to fly my aircraft. It’s looking like it’s either a drug or gun running aircraft. Well dog shit. I have to wait 4-8 weeks on the FOIA to return to me.
View Quote
If the investigation is ongoing a FOIA will give you nothing at all.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 12:10:21 AM EDT
[#19]
My moms FOIA paperwork came back in a CD and in it was hundreds of pages about her immigration.... her Navy dd214.....he reports and other stuff in the 60's...

She got a bit of PTSD during her naval nursing career so it was interesting reading all of her conduct reports.

In the end....when she left......they missed her and said alot of nice things.

weird.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 12:33:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

When I filed my FOIA (FBI/CIA) it came back saying they had nothing, which I thought was a little strange.
View Quote
Its possible that you might be under investigation.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 2:59:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 5:35:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

If the investigation is ongoing a FOIA will give you nothing at all.
View Quote
It’s from an incident in 2011. They suggested I do the FOIA.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 6:38:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Tag
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 6:53:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
I worked at 2 seperate 07's totaling up 20 years. When the ATF came for inspections, their list and what we had had glaring discrepencies. We had , at both places,  documentation where an item on the registry or a post May had been transferred. The ATF inspectors insisted their records were correct.
Next day, nothing. They didn't want to even discuss the items from the day before. I wonder if they even know what they have in their inventory.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 7:09:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Records retention policy most likely.  For example, there is no point in keeping NCIC checks one day past the records retention policy since you can just go ask NCIC again and the new information will be more up to date.  So, if they checked NCIC to see if you were a criminal and nothing came up, they’ll destroy that document as soon as they legally can in most cases.

Although many federal agencies will keep records past their retention policy deadlines because following the actual policy is a pain in the ass.

But if I asked for my TS/SCI background check, I’m pretty sure they would tell me they had nothing as the original expired and is way past the point it would be useful to keep.

The other common error is people direct their query to the agency they think has that record other than to the correct one.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 7:17:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Records retention policy most likely.  For example, there is no point in keeping NCIC checks one day past the records retention policy since you can just go ask NCIC again and the new information will be more up to date.  So, if they checked NCIC to see if you were a criminal and nothing came up, they’ll destroy that document as soon as they legally can in most cases.

Although many federal agencies will keep records past their retention policy deadlines because following the actual policy is a pain in the ass.  

But if I asked for my TS/SCI background check, I’m pretty sure they would tell me they had nothing as the original expired and is way past the point it would be useful to keep.

The other common error is people direct their query to the agency they think has that record other than to the correct one.
View Quote
Do they at least do an annual type of review and toss out stuff that they shouldn't have any longer?
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 3:34:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Do they at least do an annual type of review and toss out stuff that they shouldn't have any longer?
View Quote
There are published guidelines but almost all of them include “or when business use ceases.”  So, if an individual agency’s published policy is to delete emails after 60 days; but you are negotiating a contract process that lasts three years - you are going to end up keeping emails longer than 60 days.*

Every once in awhile, someone will remind you why the records retention policy exists - usually right after a particularly arduous FOIA request.

*My direct knowledge is not recent by at least a decade and my recent knowledge isn’t direct - so take it with a grain of salt.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 3:56:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
That’s why my stamps are taking so long
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 9:12:43 AM EDT
[#29]
We do an annual review and cleanup, usually when we are cleaning up in general for the open house.  Which still isn't just anyone, but it's an excuse to force people to at least think about all the paper crap they keep around.  Electronic files are harder to keep tidy, it's easy for old working copies to hang around.

Of course when I'm looking for something, the useless stuff is around forever, and what I need isn't there.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 9:18:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
There are published guidelines but almost all of them include “or when business use ceases.”  So, if an individual agency’s published policy is to delete emails after 60 days; but you are negotiating a contract process that lasts three years - you are going to end up keeping emails longer than 60 days.*

Every once in awhile, someone will remind you why the records retention policy exists - usually right after a particularly arduous FOIA request.

*My direct knowledge is not recent by at least a decade and my recent knowledge isn’t direct - so take it with a grain of salt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 10:11:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Got my reply back very fast. Despite having a pending form4 in the system
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 11:42:33 PM EDT
[#32]
How did you phrase your request?

@lafmedic1
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 11:55:12 PM EDT
[#33]
I have it at work but It was basically
I am formally requesting any documents either digital or paper, any recordings either video or audio, and any emails, memos,notes,photographs or drawings which contain my full legal name(insert name) that are currently or have been under review, control,shared, copied or edited by the Bureau of Alcohol Tobaco Firearms .
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 12:28:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I am formally requesting any documents either digital or paper, any recordings either video or audio, and any emails, memos,notes,photographs or drawings which contain my full legal name(insert name) that are currently or have been under review, control,shared, copied or edited by the Bureau of Alcohol Tobaco Firearms .
View Quote
Should have included your full legal name (John Brandon Doe), as well as variations of it (John Doe, John B. Doe) which also identify you by your SSN or DOB 1/1/1980.

Interesting that they said they have nothing, despite you having NFA stuff. That would indicate they either didn't look very hard or are lying.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 12:31:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Probably been asked before but I'm lazy.

How would one do this?
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 12:43:58 AM EDT
[#36]
one or two pages back but just type freedom of information i  google and the website pops ip with instructions
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 12:51:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

If they recorded our interview they'll either lose their jobs, go to prison, or both- because we were in a SCIF when they interviewed me. No outside electronics allowed for any reason, regardless of your position.
View Quote
Nah bro it’s the .gov they can change the rules... or not enforce them whenever they want...
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 1:18:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
one or two pages back but just type freedom of information i  google and the website pops ip with instructions
View Quote
Thank you
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 2:05:03 AM EDT
[#39]
I did FOIA requests in 2001 with all the Fed Agencies I had any contact with up to that point. Only the FBI came back with a hit and they said they wouldnt release it, only said it was out of SLC, UT and domestic terrorism related .
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 2:17:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Should have included your full legal name (John Brandon Doe), as well as variations of it (John Doe, John B. Doe) which also identify you by your SSN or DOB 1/1/1980.

Interesting that they said they have nothing, despite you having NFA stuff. That would indicate they either didn't look very hard or are lying.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NFA records would be exempt from FOIA on account of being considered tax records, no?
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 6:58:25 AM EDT
[#41]
What kinda stuff would one expect from that?

I've done background checks for security clearance and jobs. NFA stuff etc. Never been visited by anyone from any alphabet agency. I mainly just shit post here

But now I'm curious.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 7:13:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Anyone that doesn’t realize this website is monitored by uncle sugar is tarded. This website alone is probably responsible for hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of pages of info on the members.

And to the guy that is currently monitoring this thread.....I fucked your mom.
View Quote
This^   I'd be surprised If the modern Jack Boots don't have a small "book" on nearly everyone that posts here.  Maybe we even have our own section.    I'd bet the coffee pot is near the arfcom isles.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:21:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Nothing should surprise you.

I worked in a nuke plant for 30+ years as, among other jobs, the security computer system engineer with access to all Safeguards info on the plant.  I would, at times, surf gun sites before the company rules got tight.  Got a call one day from company Director of Security to meet in the parking lot. He wanted to know why the man was interested in what I did, what information I had access to, and why I would be looking at among others ARFCOM, Harris Gun Works, and a quite a few other sites.

We knew each other well before hand or I never would have learned of the query.  He's since passed on so nothing can be done to him for revealing what was obviously a confidential query.  But I still had to take that psychological test again...

Big Brother, is like Santa Claus... is watching & listening to everything.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 12:03:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I am unconcerned with this variable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How much is it going to cost you ? They are not free.
I am unconcerned with this variable.
Do you have a rough number?
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 12:09:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Interesting.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 12:40:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
nice.......I did his sister
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone that doesn't realize this website is monitored by uncle sugar is tarded. This website alone is probably responsible for hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of pages of info on the members.

He doesn't HAVE a sister.  That was him in a dress.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 12:41:49 PM EDT
[#47]
lol just submitted one for myself
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 12:53:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
What legal justification do they have for so much information gathering if you haven't been charged with a crime?
View Quote
What legal justification do they need to gather information you willingly give them either directly or indirectly?
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 1:07:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone that doesn't realize this website is monitored by uncle sugar is tarded. This website alone is probably responsible for hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of pages of info on the members.

You guys are disgusting animals in this thread...his mom, his wife, his grandma, his sister, him...ANIMALS.

His 19yo daughter is spending Winter Break from college at my place though.  She'll be standing in her classes for a while when she gets back.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 1:21:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

NFA records would be exempt from FOIA on account of being considered tax records, no?
View Quote
I see where you are going but also think that when an Agent attempts to confirm lawful ownership of a SBR, Supressor, MG or DD that they contact BATF and not Treasury or IRS
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top