Quoted:

Seriously? That's awesome. Which cars?

My Volvo v60 doesn't. Wish it did.

Most newer BMW's that I know of.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:15:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
These are great for cleaning neglected grates on grills.  I use them on a M12 drill most of the time. If Amazon links to all of the versions they have, the black is for grills.  The yellow works great on kitchen and bathroom surfaces as well.

www.amazon.com/dp/B074CJCZ61
View Quote

Thanks for getting this back on track instead of talking about starting a fire.  Buy a goddamn lighter!

Those drill brushes would make short work of cleaning the grout I have.  I hate that task
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:17:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Ever seen a cedar hit with a flamethrower during a dry season? ….they explode, lols.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dry pine needles burn like hades. I lived in Louisiana for a while and went camping with a friend. We had a fire going, and then piled up a huge pile of dry pine needles, then dropped the whole thing on the fire. When it caught, the flames must have been 20-30' up in the air. Pine needles BURN!

Ever seen a cedar hit with a flamethrower during a dry season? ….they explode, lols.

No... but I want to!  Fuck cedar!
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:58:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
These are great for cleaning neglected grates on grills.  I use them on a M12 drill most of the time. If Amazon links to all of the versions they have, the black is for grills.  The yellow works great on kitchen and bathroom surfaces as well.

www.amazon.com/dp/B074CJCZ61
View Quote

Im going to put those on my M12 RA die grinder and see if I can whip the grill into shape
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 12:04:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Thread Resurrection?
MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Bought this goofy little titanium flipper that takes scalpel blades. Yes it is Chinese (low cost is only reason I gave it a shot). It is surprisingly well made, fun to flip, and the scalpel blades are perfect for keychain knife use.  

Fully expected this thing to be crap, but so far it is awesome.   Probably not doing me any favors in my quest to get better at sharpening though

Bought for 25 and was happy, looks like it is 20 now. Better get some for Christmas presents.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 1:00:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Bought these a few months ago, much easier to push the pistons in with this than with c-clamps or prying them with a screwdriver.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/619Vyp6OJtL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TV71GZ1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
View Quote

I have this.....not under 50 bucks though.

https://www.mastercool.com/product/43050-air-powered-brake-caliper-wind-back-tool-kit/
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 1:01:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No... but now I want to!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dry pine needles burn like hades. I lived in Louisiana for a while and went camping with a friend. We had a fire going, and then piled up a huge pile of dry pine needles, then dropped the whole thing on the fire. When it caught, the flames must have been 20-30' up in the air. Pine needles BURN!

No... but now I want to!

as a former hotshot [1980] it looks cool....for about a minute.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 1:05:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Another old favorite is dryer lint soaked in left over candle wax. Use a muffin tin or egg carton or something similar as a mold.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A bag of cotton balls and a 5.00 bottle of olive oil gives you over a 100 candles for cheap. Just dip the cotton balls in a little of the olive oil. Shape it like a Hersheys kiss. Then put it on a fire proof surface and light the top of the kiss. They are Smokey, so better for outdoors. If you want a longer burn time then put it in a ceramic dish with a little more oil.

Another old favorite is dryer lint soaked in left over candle wax. Use a muffin tin or egg carton or something similar as a mold.

exactly what my wife makes,  they work great as fire starters.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 1:08:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought one of those. By the time I got it home they were all missing.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 2:04:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Heavy-Duty Wrap-It Storage Straps, 7-inch (6 Pack) - Hook and Loop Tool Cord Organizer, Extension Cord Hanger, Kitchen Cord Keeper, Cable Straps for Cords, Hoses, Rope, RV, and Garage Organization. I use them to hang rope, wire, and tubing to my peg board system. They come in many sizes.

MissingImage

Link Posted: 10/28/2022 4:31:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Amazon Product
  • Rapid Inflation Times: Sylvania's fastest portable air compressor with speeds of 3.5 minutes to fill an average tire from flat. Tested on 15 inch wheel 0 to 35 PSI

Sylvania Rapid tire inflator. A little over $50 at the moment, but was on sale when I bought it.

Note, they have 3-4 models that all look alike. The Rapid is the fastest, and is actually pretty darned quick for something this compact. It's small and much easier to stick in a car than my Viair 88P (and really isn't that much slower).

***I DID try airing up the SUV tires from 18 PSI to 35 PSI, and while it did it, I'd use something with more CFM for bigger tires. The 300LPM MaxiTrac at NAPA is about the best deal available for that. Signed up with NAPA and had a 20% off coupon one of the rare times it was in stock. ~$105 to my door and it's a heckuva lot faster than the 88P, and even Viair's $3xx 400p/450P, or ARB's $6xx - $1xxx Twin).

The Sylvania has quick set and auto stop (turn the dial to your desired PSI, pump stops automatically. I found that I need to set the PSI ~1.5 PSI higher, to get the desired pressure).
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 5:18:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 6:09:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
About $10 over the $50 budget, but I've been getting a lot of use out of this EPROM programmer.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71fgYJQM27L._SL1500_.jpg

Programmed some chips to fix and update several classic computers.
View Quote

That's nice.  You know what would have been nicer?  Including a link to the device instead of just a picture of it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 7:52:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Klein Tools 32500 11-in-1 Screwdriver / Nut Driver Set, 8 Bits (Phillips, Slotted, Torx, Square), 3 Nut Driver Sizes, Cushion Grip Handle https://a.co/d/8MBF8O4

I have a few of these. Very handy to have around
View Quote

Lots of different bits available to make it a proprietary tool for a task. The Klein bits are top quality. Make sure you get Klein bits. Knockoffs are shit.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 7:55:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I use similar bars from Cabelas in the bed of my pickup.  Keep items within reach, when I don't need the full bed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.harborfreight.com/2-in-1-support-cargo-bar-66172.html

15 bucks each

i bought a pair of these for a bathroom remodel

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3097/kou0mdfs-2521411.jpg

they extend to hold bead board to the ceiling

I have some of these .
When not in use , you can hang your clothes in the laundry room

I use similar bars from Cabelas in the bed of my pickup.  Keep items within reach, when I don't need the full bed

BRILLIANT!
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 8:35:53 PM EDT
[#16]
I somewhat read this thread during a Friday happy hour. I will buy the HF pickup truck cargo brace at $15 when I decide to stop in. Lots of cool gadgets posted.
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 9:19:33 PM EDT
[#17]
This has been one of the best threads I’ve seen here, and that says a lot.

Keep them coming!
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 10:22:08 PM EDT
[#18]
MissingImage

Two piece set at a slightly nicer price:

MissingImage

Full disclosure I have the two piece set inbound but I’m stoked to try them!
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 5:42:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Bought a second set this year so

Arisaka Optic Leveler $38
View Quote

On Amazon for $14.00
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 9:12:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

On Amazon for $14.00
View Quote

This is even cheaper

Just use some feeler gauges and put the right combo under it that fills up the gap and makes it flat with the bottom of the mount.
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 8:34:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

This is even cheaper

Just use some feeler gauges and put the right combo under it that fills up the gap and makes it flat with the bottom of the mount.
View Quote

I've done both, the optic leveler is much faster and easier, it's worth the investment imo.
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 9:11:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Well it is $87, so it is immune from your price rules, but I use the shit out these, and I picked it up as an impulse buy.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/273720/Screenshot_2022-09-11_112708_jpg-2521775.JPG
View Quote

I have one of these that I use all the time.   I think I got it for like $35 on sale at HD.  

Projects around the house, washing truck, etc.
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 9:38:11 AM EDT
[#23]
This thread finally got me with the arisaka optic leveler. I sprang for the one made in the USA. Should be here in about 24 hours and we'll within the $50 price limit of the thread.
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 7:51:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
This thread finally got me with the arisaka optic leveler. I sprang for the one made in the USA. Should be here in about 24 hours and we'll within the $50 price limit of the thread.
View Quote

I love that thing.
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 7:53:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I love that thing.
View Quote

Yep I have one and it makes life a lot easier with scopes.
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 12:17:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Got all this for under fifty yesterday...Snap-on 3/4 in ratchet head, Brown and Sharpe 1" micrometer, Craftsman 1" depth gage, and a Patrick McManus book.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 12:50:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I have one of those small (like 4 long gun capacity) safes with electronic keypad in the bedroom for defense guns, but it always bugged me that I’d need to fumble around to turn the lights on to see the numbers at night.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B071XY6H5S?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Bought one of these and put it above the keypad. Motion activated, works absolutely perfectly. By the time your hand gets within a foot or two of the keypad, it lights up, but it’s not overly sensitive to where it’s always going off when you’re not near it.
View Quote

Thanks bought a 2 pack
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 1:33:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Bumping.

Christmas is coming...
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 1:49:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I've had one of the original ones for years. It's in my chu right now for bedside music.

Great value for the money.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For the $30-35 these guys are great.  I've been using mine daily for a couple years now.  The 2nd link is their $50 upgraded 20w version with (supposedly) better bass and treble, but I have zero complaints about my regular one.

www.amazon.com/dp/B01MTB55WH

www.amazon.com/dp/B01N4V4X5M

I've had one of the original ones for years. It's in my chu right now for bedside music.

Great value for the money.

I was gifted the Soundcore Boost (the second link). Can confirm it does not get 12 hours of play regardless of the output settings.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 1:55:35 PM EDT
[#30]
I've found my Swisscard incredibly handy, and a lot less bulky then carrying a traditional Swiss Army Knife.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002IK7XU?tag=arfcom00-20

Link Posted: 11/17/2022 2:33:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Zippo Single Torch insert.

Works fantastically well - so long as you properly purge the tank before fueling, and use Vector or Newport butane. People having issues with them are either not purging the tank or using poor butane.

I've given 4x to heavy smokers and the work really well. One was destroyed by dropping in a pool and zippo replaced right away.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XSCC887?th=1

Link Posted: 11/17/2022 3:19:10 PM EDT
[#32]
This are great for getting a hung up dead branch down or getting a strap or rope into a tree.

throwing bag and line
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 4:01:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
This thing is amazing.  I always liked the idea of a head lamp, but hated them in use.  Spot light effect, clunky, flops around etc.

This lights up everything without shadows and doesn't get in the way at all.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/220444/Capture__2022-09-11-07-47-27_png-2522035.JPG
View Quote

@Into_the_Void

My dude...that's straight up stockingstuffer material! Plus two for me. Thanks for posting!
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 5:14:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 10:20:15 AM EDT
[#35]

Great deal if you ever want to arm an insurrection in Rwanda.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 10:49:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Great deal if you ever want to arm an insurrection in Rwanda.
View Quote
TIA eh, danny?
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 10:13:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Anything else? I am short on Christmas ideas and need to build up my Amazon wishlist.

What's the scoop on the butane torch vs the spark thingie zippo inserts?

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 10:26:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Klein Tools 32500 11-in-1 Screwdriver / Nut Driver Set, 8 Bits (Phillips, Slotted, Torx, Square), 3 Nut Driver Sizes, Cushion Grip Handle https://a.co/d/8MBF8O4

I have a few of these. Very handy to have around
View Quote

Speaking of Klein Tools, I grabbed one of these for work. Klein Tools 32717 Precision Screwdriver Set with Case, All-in-One Multi-Function Repair Tool Kit Includes 39 Bits for Apple Products

Link Posted: 12/12/2022 8:25:59 PM EDT
[#39]
MissingImage

Zippo 12 Hour Refillable Hand Warmer.

These are great for hunting, outdoor events in the winter, etc. They stay warm and for much longer than the disposable variants. I will be buying several more as gifts for friends and family.

First time I purchased on Amazon in November 2022 was ~$12. Now they are almost double that.. but still under $50. You will also need to purchase lighter fluid or hand warmer fuel, which is $5-10 for 4 oz.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 8:33:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
www.amazon.com/dp/B013HLGTL2

Zippo 12 Hour Refillable Hand Warmer.

These are great for hunting, outdoor events in the winter, etc. They stay warm and for much longer than the disposable variants. I will be buying several more as gifts for friends and family.

First time I purchased on Amazon in November 2022 was ~$12. Now they are almost double that.. but still under $50. You will also need to purchase lighter fluid or hand warmer fuel, which is $5-10 for 4 oz.
View Quote

Sorta neat. Totally obsolete IMO:

MissingImage

Link Posted: 12/12/2022 8:53:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

www.amazon.com/dp/B07H3LZGSP
View Quote

You do you! I like mine.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 11:14:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

You do you! I like mine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

www.amazon.com/dp/B07H3LZGSP

You do you! I like mine.

Here's better:

https://a.co/d/gXX8BTN
Or
https://a.co/d/du1G06d
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 12:22:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Vampliers.

FINALLY - something which actually grabs rounded-off, fucked-up machine screws securely and allows their removal. Put Vise-Grips to shame.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/255788/Screenshot_from_2022-09-21_21-40-43-2534676.png
View Quote

I bought some of those for work

They are badass
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 1:04:27 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 1:06:28 AM EDT
[#45]
PEX crimper set... God that is just awesome to avoid soldering when you don't need to.

Its a workout, though, if you get one with shorter arms.
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 9:51:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Bought this goofy little titanium flipper that takes scalpel blades. Yes it is Chinese (low cost is only reason I gave it a shot). It is surprisingly well made, fun to flip, and the scalpel blades are perfect for keychain knife use.  

Fully expected this thing to be crap, but so far it is awesome.   Probably not doing me any favors in my quest to get better at sharpening though

Bought for 25 and was happy, looks like it is 20 now. Better get some for Christmas presents.
View Quote

I'm going to pick some up as well.

I originally picked a few varieties up of the larger "utility razor" folding knives for a trip to the Virigian Islands. The plan (and it worked) was to fly sans blade (we just did carry on/no check luggage), and once we got to our destination, swing by a hardware store and pick up a pack of blades. Worked like a charm. Stupidly, I somehow ordered two of the nicer titanium flipper versions (the best IMHO and in my carryon-only travel kit). Instead of sending it back I gave to my son who raves about it and used it in SWAT school and he said he used it a bunch.

Titanium (over the $50 range)

The under $20 version

The WorkPro is also very solid for a "pocket folder" utility blade knife. It's much cheaper, doesn't have a flipper, but is thin, good pocket clip and easy to swap blades. I want to pick a few more and have them stashed around for utility shit and stupid people

These are the types of "knives" you carry for when some idiot asks to borrow you knife knowing they're end up trying to dig a masonry screw out of the brick-faced wall with your Sebenza not even understanding the difference between a $400+ folding knife and a screwdriver

ROCK6
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 10:01:19 AM EDT
[#47]
SAK pioneer x is $49.99 at knifecenter
Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top