Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2024 6:00:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: metalsaber]
Does anyone make a USB C to USB C high speed cable that isn't a stiff pile of junk?  Trying to use my iphone 15 max in a gimble and connected via USB C to a USB C SSD.  However all the cables I can find are braided and stiff and shit.  That causes a problem because it doesn't allow the gimble to operate properly.
The reason for needing a high speed version is that shooting in prores 422 takes up a ton of bandwidth and normal usb c cables can't handle the bandwidth.

Link Posted: 3/24/2024 6:42:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KILLERB6] [#1]
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 6:45:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: metalsaber] [#2]
Doesn't specify what bandwidth it supports.  Just says it supports fast charging.  

This is an example of one I got but despite the pictures, it's not at all flexible.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CC5744VD?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Link Posted: 3/24/2024 6:50:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KILLERB6] [#3]
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 8:37:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:
Anker silicone.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/18716/IMG_6334-3168369.jpg
View Quote

Fail - thats a USB 2.0 cable.  Means it will be SLOW.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 8:42:44 PM EDT
[#5]
In order to actually achieve the full speed they are capable of they have to be thick
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 8:48:44 PM EDT
[#6]
These are flexible and will support fast speeds. I have bought a few for external SSDs and PCIe devices.

Amazon Product
  • More Possibilities - Thunderbolt cable with 40Gbps speed and USB 3.0 5Gbps compatibility. Supports data transfer 2x faster than standard USB-C cables.

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:58:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
Does anyone make a USB C to USB C high speed cable that isn't a stiff pile of junk?  Trying to use my iphone 15 max in a gimble and connected via USB C to a USB C SSD.  However all the cables I can find are braided and stiff and shit.  That causes a problem because it doesn't allow the gimble to operate properly.
The reason for needing a high speed version is that shooting in prores 422 takes up a ton of bandwidth and normal usb c cables can't handle the bandwidth.
View Quote

For the iPhone 15, this will do just fine. I have one and it's not stiff.

Amazon Product
  • Connect between USB C enabled devices (new MacBook, Chromebook Pixel)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top