Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2022 1:23:21 PM EDT
https://sspx.org/en/news-events/news/us-district-superior-invites-faithful-novena-queenship-our-lady-73798

Dear Friends,

As we conclude the month of Mary, most of you are undoubtedly aware of the unprecedented leak of the Supreme Court’s majority opinion in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization. This opinion could overturn the Court’s pro-abortion precedents. Since nothing is final until the Court officially rules, I want to invite you to fervently participate in a novena with the primary intention that the Supreme Court finally strikes down its principal pro-abortion decision, Roe v. Wade, and its effects.

Therefore, I am asking you to make prayers and sacrifices for these intentions:

The overturning of Roe v. Wade and Planned Parenthood v. Casey in the Supreme Court’s final decision in Dobbs v. Jackson;
For our country, for our judicial system's integrity, that all branches of government be dedicated to seeking the common good and protecting the lives of everyone from conception to natural death;
For the conversion of those who advocate for abortion;
For a new commitment to building an America where children are welcomed, cherished, and cared for; where mothers and fathers are encouraged and strengthened; and marriage and the family are recognized and supported as the foundations of a healthy and flourishing society.
For Our Blessed Mother’s intercession and guidance as the Church continues to walk with mothers and families in need, promotes alternatives to abortion, and seeks to create a culture of life.
Since the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, in the words of Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre, is the “great prayer of the Church,” I encourage everyone where it is feasible between May 23 and May 31, the Feast of the Queenship of Our Lady, to attend Mass for the intentions mentioned above. For those who cannot do so, privately pray and meditate on the Mass of the day in your missals. Unite yourself spiritually to the Masses offered by the priests of the Society of Saint Pius X for these intentions. As an additional act of spiritual combat, include these intentions with your daily Rosary, adding the Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Litany of Loreto).

The fight against the scourge of abortion will not end, regardless of the Supreme Court’s decision. Already there are politicians and advocates devising ways to continue this barbaric practice. Without our prayers, the protection of Our Blessed Mother, and the merciful grace of God, there can be no victory.

With Blessings in Christ and His Immaculate Mother,

Fr. John Fullerton
District Superior

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 1:52:38 PM EDT
[#1]
In!  Thank you for this.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 9:23:11 PM EDT
[#2]
While I'm not Catholic, in this matter our values match.
I pray our petition will be answered affirmatively.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 2:13:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Happy Feast of the Queenship!
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 6:58:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm with you on this one. Not Catholic, but certainly an overlap in our values on this one.

For our Catholic colleagues, are there specific prayers that are said for the 9 days? Or are they different prayers for each of the 9 days? I knew absolutely nothing about a novena until 20 minutes ago when I googled it and read a few Catholic pages discussing it.

Link Posted: 5/31/2022 9:03:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm with you on this one. Not Catholic, but certainly an overlap in our values on this one.

For our Catholic colleagues, are there specific prayers that are said for the 9 days? Or are they different prayers for each of the 9 days? I knew absolutely nothing about a novena until 20 minutes ago when I googled it and read a few Catholic pages discussing it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure if you are asking in general or specifically about this novena.

In general, a novena is a nine-day prayer series.  Sometimes, it's a multiple of nine; for example, 54-day novenas are not uncommon.  The prayers can be the same every day (e.g.: I'm going to pray the Lord's Prayer before each meal for nine consecutive days), or they can change every day (e.g.: I'm going to read two Psalms every day for 54 days).

Specifically, this novena prescribed attending Mass (or praying and meditating on the Mass readings* of the day if unable to attend), praying the Rosary, praying the Litany of the Blessed Virgin, and making an act of sacrifice each day (e.g.: no coffee, no lunch, etc.).

*Below are the propers of the Mass from Sunday as an example of one day.

Ps. 26:7-9.
Hear, O Lord, the sound of my call, alleluia; to You my heart speaks; Your glance I seek; Your presence, O Lord, I seek. Hide not Your face from me, alleluia, alleluia.
Ps. 26:1.
The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom should I fear?
V. Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost.
R. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
Hear, O Lord, the sound of my call, alleluia; to You my heart speaks; Your glance I seek; Your presence, O Lord, I seek. Hide not Your face from me, alleluia, alleluia.

V. The Lord be with you.
R. And with thy spirit.
Let us pray.
Almighty and eternal God, give us a will ever dedicated to You, and a true heart to serve Your majesty.
Through Jesus Christ, thy Son our Lord, Who liveth and reigneth with thee, in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end.
R. Amen.

Lesson from the first letter of St. Peter the Apostle
1 Pet 4:7-11.
Beloved: Be prudent and watchful in prayers. But above all things have a constant mutual charity among yourselves: for charity covers a multitude of sins. Be hospitable to one another without murmuring. According to the gift that each has received, minister it to one another as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. If anyone speaks, let it be as with words of God. If anyone ministers, let it be as from the strength that God furnishes; that in all things God may be honored through Jesus Christ our Lord.
R. Thanks be to God.

Alleluia, alleluia.
Ps. 46:9.
V. The Lord reigns over all the nations, God sits upon His holy throne. Alleluia.
John 14:18
V. I will not leave you orphans; I go away and I come to you, and your heart shall rejoice. Alleluia.

Continuation ? of the Holy Gospel according to John
R. Glory be to Thee, O Lord.
John 15:26-27; 16:1-4.
At that time, Jesus said to His disciples: When the Advocate has come, Whom I will send you from the Father, the Spirit of truth Who proceeds from the Father, He will bear witness concerning Me. And you also will bear witness, because from the beginning you are with Me. These things I have spoken to you that you may not be scandalized. They will expel you from the synagogues. Yes, the hour is coming for everyone who kills you to think he is offering worship to God. And these things they will do because they have not known the Father nor Me. But these things I have spoken to you, that when the time for them has come you may remember that I told you.
R. Praise be to Thee, O Christ.

P. The Lord be with you.
S. And with thy spirit.
Let us pray.
Ps 46:6.
God mounts His throne amid shouts of joy; the Lord, amid trumpet blasts. Alleluia.

Receive, O Lord, the gifts which we offer for the glorious Ascension of thy Son, and mercifully grant that we may be delivered from present dangers and attain eternal life.
Through the same Jesus Christ, thy Son, Our Lord, Who liveth and reigneth with thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end.
R. Amen.

John 17:12-13; 17:15
Father, while I was with them, I kept them whom You have given Me, alleluia; but now I am coming to You; I do not pray that You take them out of the world, but that You keep them from evil, alleluia, alleluia.

P. The Lord be with you.
S. And with thy spirit.
Let us pray.
We who have been filled with heavenly gifts beseech You, O Lord, grant us to continue giving thanks to You.
Through Jesus Christ, thy Son our Lord, Who liveth and reigneth with thee, in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end.
R. Amen.

Edited to add the Secret.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top