Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2021 3:34:05 PM EDT
Today in Texas I tried to mail an AR bolt to Shillen for head spacing on a new AR barrel. The clerk at the local UPS store saw the address as Shillen Rifles and told me that due to their contract with UPS they will not ship anything that is part of a gun or goes on a gun. To do that I would have to go to the local UPS regional center; a trip of 20 miles each way. I got the impression they would not mail anything to Shillen. They also would not send it by USPS either. I have never had this happen before. Has anyone else come across this? Are these folks becoming "woke"?
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 3:38:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah the UPS Stores have been doing that for a while. I just tell them it's machine parts instead of gun parts. The main UPS hub will ship guns. But the UPS Stores won't.
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 3:40:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Next time just put abbreviation S. R. Then the address.
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 3:43:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah the UPS Stores have been doing that for a while. I just tell them it's machine parts instead of gun parts. The main UPS hub will ship guns. But the UPS Stores won't.
View Quote

Very much this. UPS Stores suck.
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 3:48:14 PM EDT
[#4]
USPS is the only way to go!
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 3:50:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 3:52:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 4:00:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Machine parts. Not inaccurate.
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 4:11:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Preprint the label and drop it into the touch less box.
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 4:25:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Machine parts. Not inaccurate.
View Quote

This.

I shipped a gun UPS. Address said "Volquartsen" and I left off "firearms" and handed it to a passing driver. No issue.
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 4:28:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Honestly you need to be more clever with addresses. Even at central hubs I still ran into Anti Employees who did not know their policies.
-The UPS store is completely anti. Play stupid/lie. If it's a red dot/scope, tell them it's for a telescope. Machineparts, etc.
-Don't declare it as a firearm, ATF FAQ is wrong.
-Abbreviate stuff like Gunworks/Riflesworks/Firearms/Etc.

Like for C.W. Gunwerkz I just put "C.W. G.Werkz"
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 8:27:13 PM EDT
[#11]
My local ups store in Easter NC has been like that for years . It’s not so much ups because ups store are personally owned and the owners can be dicks . They ask what I’m shipping every time which I feel is a huge personal violation so I fuck with them . Last time I told them it was a car part but  that wasn’t good enough so they asked what kind of car part I told them a left handed smoke shifter lol the guy behind me was doing the same thing and gave a chuckle .ps always abbreviate  names when shipping I don’t trust sum liberal ass messing with my package because it says arms , rifle , gun etc
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 7:07:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
UPS store is not UPS.  Get an account and print your own labels boomer.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 7:12:47 PM EDT
[#13]
It's UPS stores, I posted a couple months ago that when they saw I was shipping to Aimpoint
they refused to ship. The store called their franchise corporate office and they actually pulled
up Aimpoint's web page and said no, in spite of the fact that a scope isn't a firearm part.

Huge PITA. I was trying to do a RMA return and I still have the scope because I haven't been
able to drive to a post office to do it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 7:15:15 PM EDT
[#14]
I had to send something to Volquartsen Firearms. I simply left off Firearms.

Pretty sure it goes to the same place.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 7:17:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Don’t use the ups store. They’ve been this way for as long as I remember. They aren’t ups they are a contractor for ups.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 7:18:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My local ups store in Easter NC has been like that for years . It's not so much ups because ups store are personally owned and the owners can be dicks . They ask what I'm shipping every time which I feel is a huge personal violation so I fuck with them . Last time I told them it was a car part but  that wasn't good enough so they asked what kind of car part I told them a left handed smoke shifter lol the guy behind me was doing the same thing and gave a chuckle .ps always abbreviate  names when shipping I don't trust sum liberal ass messing with my package because it says arms , rifle , gun etc
View Quote
Dildos. Big box o dildos.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top