Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2022 10:47:44 AM EDT
Got my Rolex back from a service and they replaced the crystal with a genuine Rolex-made new crystal at my request.  When I got it back the first thing I noticed is that the oculus is very low.  I tried it on my wrist for viewing angle and it's still too low in my estimation.

Some Rolex images on the web show the oculus directly over the date window, and some show it a little low.  

Here is mine taken from directly overhead... Mountain out of a molehill or send it back to be adjusted?

7/15/22 UPDATE
Official Time Watch of SLC sent me an image 2 days ago and asked if it met my satisfaction, and after my approval, it arrived today.  They got it right.  BTW, this is a good outfit and they do good work, they just slipped up this time but made it right at their expense and fast turnaround.  https://officialtimewatch.com/

Corrected oculus placement below.

Link Posted: 7/8/2022 11:21:07 AM EDT
[#1]
That would bother me and I'd send it back.

Link Posted: 7/8/2022 11:30:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I was trying to figure out if I was being too anal about it.  It does bother me.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 11:32:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

yeah send it back. On a watch forum I saw a watch without a date function get a replacement crystal with a cyclops, the watch repair shop put the cyclops on the 12 positions enlarging the logo. lol.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 11:57:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Send it back. I wouldnt accept that.

Also I would be sending mine to Rolex so I dont deal with shit like this.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 12:01:16 PM EDT
[#5]
To me it looks like the crystal is clocked more-so than the oculus being mounted too low.
Either way that is just shoddy workmanship and/or QC.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 1:13:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

100%

They need to reset it and pressure test again.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 1:43:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 1:47:41 PM EDT
[#8]
That's worse than Seiko

Send her back!
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 1:55:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That's worse than Seiko

Send her back!
View Quote

Printed out the call tag - on the way Monday.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 2:11:14 PM EDT
[#10]
That’s screwed up. I’d want mine fixed, too.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 3:33:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Top dollar paid , top job expected
send back
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 6:19:09 PM EDT
[#12]
The angle you took the picture makes it look BETTER than it really is.

Appears you took the picture from the bottom to the top which will make the oculus look higher.  I bet it’s even lower than what is perceived in the picture.

Send it back.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 9:40:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Wow. Good luck with this. Definitely not nit picking.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 3:45:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Unacceptable.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 1:00:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 4:09:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks all, I'll post a comparison pic when I get it back.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 5:06:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Posted update in OP.

I would not hesitate to use Offical Time Watch of Salt Lake City again in the future.  

For those die-hard Rolex Service Only members, a few years ago this watch had the numeral 2 dislocate.  I sent it to Rolex for service and within a month after I got it back, the numeral 2 had dislocated again - then back to Rolex again.  Just goes to show that regardless of the upper-tier service centers, they can all misstep every once in a while.

I'm happy with the communication and fast service provided by  https://officialtimewatch.com/
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 2:47:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Sounds good, OP. I’m glad they made it right. Mistakes happen and it’s nice that they fixed it with no drama.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top