Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2022 5:13:05 PM EDT
Long story short, I screwed up & bought Kenda 26" tubeless tires for my tube'd MTB.  Interwebs research shows I should be OK to mount with the with tubes; but it's the wife's bike sooooo....gotta be careful on this.  Mount 'em as normal or get the right tires??
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 5:14:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Mount as normal.

If you blow a tubeless tire... you put a tube in it. It's NBD.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 5:41:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Fine
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 6:28:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks!  Just mounted the front one up - didn't notice anything unusual.  Maybe I'll get a for the effort!
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:15:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ASUsax:
Mount as normal.

If you blow a tubeless tire... you put a tube in it. It's NBD.
View Quote

Pretty much. That's why you see guys with a spare tube strapped to their frame. If you damage the tire bad enough where the sealant and bacon doesn't plug it, throw a tube in it and get back to riding.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top