Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2024 9:09:18 PM EDT
It may be a cheesy analogy but I think it holds true.

Every time I watch this movie and see this scene that's what I think of. Trying to save folks that won't listen.

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:27:35 PM EDT
[#1]
There will be those who will not believe and will not listen to what you have to say.

You can share the gospel, share a testimony, try to be a good witness, try to be a
good friend/neighbor, try to help when you can,  & try to be a good influence.

IMO, there's not much more you can do for those who do not want to be saved.

I think you're right - that scene is a good example.

Watching that took me down a rabbit hole on other scenes from that movie.  The scene when the tornadoes
are destroying LA, and you have folks standing in the middle of destruction videoing also made me think of
how some folks respond to critical situations.   There will be some merely standing watching, some in disbelief,
some who think "it can't happen to me, can't happen here" etc...
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:31:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I hate proselytizing.   Immediately turned off by whatever you're selling.

Invite me to a service and let me make up my mind.  Don't give me some PR shtick.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:33:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Anastasios] [#3]
Never heard of that movie. Looks good.

ETA I just realized that's "the day after tomorrow". Going to have to watch it again.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 9:02:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Just remember to be kind and not take offense to those who reject the message or do not immediately believe. There is a reason spreading the gospel is compared to gardening/agriculture. As Paul says, some plant other water. You don’t put a seed in the ground and immediately expect a plant to pop out of the ground and most certainly don’t rip that seed of the dirt and set it on fire for note immediately sprouting the moment you put it on the ground.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top