Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2024 2:50:33 PM EDT
Note that I said "love a watch", not "make love to a watch".  If you came here for the latter, this is the wrong thread for that lol.

You guys ever have this?  I've got a watch I bought a few months ago that I really desperately want to click with, but for some reason it's just not quite doing it for me.  I'm really trying hard though.  I did a lot of research and kept coming back to this one watch after months and months of looking at it online.  I finally got it and I almost immediately felt cold about it.  That's kind of where it still is.  I put it on and want to like it, but it's not like those watches I really love where I'll put them on and just want to stare at them because they just work for me.

Maybe it's some neurosis or I just overthink and obsess about it too much.  I really don't want to move the watch on (and take an inevitable loss - but it wouldn't be my first time).  I know it's part of the journey, but still.  It's like firearms.  I won't know what really works for me until I actually buy one, sadly.  The quest is expensive.....

I've said it before, but I want off this train.  It's not good for me lol.

The watch is an Omega Aqua Terra, if you're interested.  The white/silver dial with orange accents and the rubber strap.  It's a nice combo.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 3:13:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Give it some time. The AT is under-rated. I've seen some reviews calling it the best Seamaster. You can always sell it later.

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 3:36:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not a collector in the sense that I just like to have "quantity".  Whatever the item is, if I'm not in love with it or actually using it for it's intended purpose (and enjoying using) then I move it on to someone who hopefully will.  I just feel wrong for having "stuff" for the sake of stuff.  It also leads to a lot less clutter and things to deal with.

If you've had it this long and still not loving it, I would move it along.  Especially seeing as how it is certainly a model you can pick up again in the future without much trouble, if you ever decide to do that.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 4:39:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Polar opposite opinions and both of you are right.

I'm with you 55kingpin in that I don't like having a lot of stuff to store and maintain if it doesn't serve some sort of utility. I also don't want.to give up on it too quick.

First world problems if I ever heard of them. The anguish over which luxury watch to keep....
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 5:28:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Is this the $6k version or the $50k version?
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 6:43:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GlockPride:
Is this the $6k version or the $50k version?
View Quote

There's a 50k version?  Yikes. I mean, I spend stupid money sometimes but not at that level.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 6:51:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Why would you buy a watch with orange accents?
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 7:02:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Kraquine:

Why would you buy a watch with orange accents?
View Quote

Oh I definitely like the aesthetics of it. It really works well.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 7:06:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe swap the strap for something different and see if it grows on you?
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 10:04:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I wanna see a pic.
I'm building an Aqua terra worldtimer. Just waiting for yellow gold hands to hit the market.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:49:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Sort of the same way, but I have a habit of always wanting something new/different.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 8:23:08 AM EDT
[#11]
If it hasn't clicked for you by now it probably isn't going to.  I'd sell it and move on.  It happens sometimes.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 9:28:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By teats:
I wanna see a pic.
I'm building an Aqua terra worldtimer. Just waiting for yellow gold hands to hit the market.
View Quote

How are you going about building an AT?  I get Seiko because parts are everywhere. But getting a movement and parts for an AT can't be easy.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 9:44:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Casio mafia!!!
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:11:31 AM EDT
[#14]
There are tons of exelent watches at that price point to choose from. Don't force it to click.  If it doesn't just let it go and find something you like.

You can always trade it for something you want as well.  Folks like you who find a watch doesn't work well for them trade their watches often.

Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:14:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By WilsonCQB1911:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/78032/IMG_20240228_101023972_HDR-3143915.jpg

How are you going about building an AT?  I get Seiko because parts are everywhere. But getting a movement and parts for an AT can't be easy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By teats:
I wanna see a pic.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/78032/IMG_20240228_101023972_HDR-3143915.jpg

The case is just slight smaller, and cut for an nh35.

It's not an exact copy, but sure looks like one.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 12:58:51 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm tired of waiting for yellow gold hands, so I'm changing to this dial, and pewter colored hands.

Link Posted: 4/3/2024 8:07:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Parts came in, and finished it up last evening.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:01:46 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

That's nice! It looks clean and refined.
I would keep it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top