Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2019 3:32:02 PM EDT
President Trump has reportedly said he is "saving" Judge Amy Barrett of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit to replace Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the Supreme Court, according to Axios.

Barrett was a popular choice among conservative activists as a candidate to replace Justice Anthony Kennedy before Trump eventually nominated Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

Axios reported that Trump has made clear his desire to replace Ginsburg with Barrett since Kennedy's decision to retire, telling people on separate occasions, "I'm saving her for Ginsburg."

Trump also opted against nominating Barrett over concerns that her opposition to abortion rights would lead Sens. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) and Susan Collins (R-Maine) to vote against her, according to the news outlet. Aides were reportedly confident enough Republicans would gain Senate seats in the 2018 midterms that they decided a more conservative nominee would stand a better chance of confirmation after the elections.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/436660-trump-says-he-is-saving-barrett-for-ginsburg-seat-axios
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 3:35:00 PM EDT
[#1]
That fuckin grim reaper had better get his shit together.
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 3:37:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah well after the movie "Unplanned...What She Saw Changed Everything

Makes the theater rounds and church groups...the pro abortion so called Conservative RINOcons (Murkowski & Collins) might be running for cover.
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 4:38:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah well after the movie "Unplanned...What She Saw Changed Everything

Makes the theater rounds and church groups...the pro abortion so called Conservative RINOcons (Murkowski & Collins) might be running for cover.
View Quote
Collins is a left leaning RINO in a NE liberal state, what does she have to fear from an anti abortion video?
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 4:40:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Unless it is a purposeful distraction, I don't really see why would Trump tip his hand so early ln SC noms, regardless how obvious to some the next pick seems.
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 4:43:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Who is to say Barret will want the job after she sees what happened to Kavanaugh?

Me, I'd lead my opening testimony that I will refrain from being too radical in my rulings if the left manages to behave themselves.

If I see any of this loud wailing, blood smearing garbage, I will have taxpayer funded M249's and 5,000 rounds a year issued to all adult males with mandatory schooling on the Constitution before drivers license can be obtained.

I will give them a chance to continue status quo before I completely gut them.
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 4:55:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Start with Barrett. Hope she gets it. If that fails. Ace of spades is Mike Lee.

Senate will always confirm another Senator.
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 4:55:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Unless it is a purposeful distraction, I don't really see why would Trump tip his hand so early ln SC noms, regardless how obvious to some the next pick seems.
View Quote
It is almost like it is 2019, and we will have an election in 2020. Huh.
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 5:06:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That fuckin grin reaper had better get his shit together.
View Quote
Grin reaper?   The reaper of grins.
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 5:08:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Soon...
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 5:14:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll be grinning when I hear that cunt is dead.

On a related note;  I'll be puking like the two guys eating the nasty fermented fish in the camper about 4 days into her month long funeral.  It'll make McStain's and Bush 41's look like amateur hour.
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 5:17:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Trump has a time machine. He knows what's up
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 5:17:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 5:18:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Collins is a left leaning RINO in a NE liberal state, what does she have to fear from an anti abortion video?
View Quote
It is a movie with a $6.1M opening day at the box office with very little advertising due to liberal media black listing.  Some think it might red pill people.
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 5:22:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
4D chess.   Just ask everyone in GD
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 5:22:22 PM EDT
[#15]
NOLO for SCOTUS!
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 5:23:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 5:24:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
If Ruth buzzy Ginsberg is still alive you’d expect her to come out and say “not so fast!”
Maybe first steps in forcing the issue over her status?
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 5:25:30 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't want women being judges. I don't trust how they will rule on gun issues after the next Newtown.
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 6:52:27 PM EDT
[#19]

Sort of resembles Mimi Rodgers.

Link Posted: 4/1/2019 7:03:09 PM EDT
[#20]
He should put Judge Benitez on SCOTUS.  I can’t think of a single Judge on earth I’d rather have on the Court
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 8:06:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
He's still in front of the crane machine, muttering to himself, "C'mon, RBG, c'mon RBG! Shit, Stan Lee... Whoops."
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 8:11:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I don't want women being judges. I don't trust how they will rule on gun issues after the next Newtown.
View Quote
Yep. The bitches will bite you.
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 8:13:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
He should put Judge Benitez on SCOTUS.  I can’t think of a single Judge on earth I’d rather have on the Court
View Quote
He's too old at this point, I think.  He's 69.  But he might be a good candidate for the 9th Circuit.
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 8:13:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
He's 69. Sorry, we need to appoint young justices to SCOTUS.
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 8:14:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
He's too old at this point, I think.  He's 69.  But he might be a good candidate for the 9th Circuit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Beat by 30 seconds.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 8:20:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
You’re assuming he actually said it.  Let me guess, words like “reportedly” and “unnamed sources”?
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 8:20:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Start with Barrett. Hope she gets it. If that fails. Ace of spades is Mike Lee.

Senate will always confirm another Senator.
View Quote
Bad idea.

Why risk losing another seat in the Senate?

That's how we lost one seat when Trump appointed Jeff Sessions as the AG and his vacancy was filled by a Dem.
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 8:22:37 PM EDT
[#28]
She will never die.
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 8:25:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 8:27:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 8:30:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 8:39:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
No worries with Barrett.

https://www.nationalreview.com/bench-memos/judge-barretts-dissent-in-second-amendment-case/
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 8:54:31 PM EDT
[#33]
BTW, I don't think this "leak" is coming from the Trump camp as a trial balloon.  Team MAGA already knows that conservatives strongly support Barrett.

Rather, I think this is coming from the leftists, who are trying to discredit/disqualify Barrett before another seat opens up.  And if they are playing this card now, you know what that means....
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 8:57:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Winning
Top Top