Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2021 8:52:13 AM EDT
Trump's 1776 Commission Calls for National Unity Around America's Founding Values

President Donald Trump's advisory 1776 Commission on Monday released a public report, fulfilling its task to revisit the nation's founding history in an effort to reunite the Americans around its founders' principles.
Americans today are "deeply divided" about the meaning of their country, its history, and how it should be governed, according to the commission, which was created in the final year of Trump's first term, amid an increasingly popular trend of portraying the American story as one that based on racism and oppression.

"Neither America nor any other nation has perfectly lived up to the universal truths of equality, liberty, justice and government by consent," the report reads, following an re-examination of the principles and ideals enshrined in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. "But no nation before America ever dared state those truths as the formal basis for its politics, and none has strived harder, or done more, to achieve them."

The authors dedicated a large portion of the report exploring challenges to American's founding principles. Some of these are historical, such as slavery, which is fundamentally incompatible with the idea that "all men are created equal." Others are more contemporary, such as progressivism, which holds that the Constitution should constantly evolve to secure evolving rights; fascist and communist movements seeking a totalitarian government with no respect for individual rights; and modern identity politics in favor of a system of explicit group privilege in the name of "social justice."

"The arguments, tactics, and names of these movements have changed, and the magnitude of the challenge has varied, yet they are all united by adherence to the same falsehoodthat people do not have equal worth and equal rights," the report states.

The report warns of the dangers of modern political movements departing America's founding principles, noting that many of the historical movements were successful because they help up those principles, rather than breaking from them.

"Great reformslike abolition, women's suffrage, anti-Communism, the Civil Rights Movement, and the Pro-Life Movementhave often come forward that improve our dedication to the principles of the Declaration of Independence under the Constitution," the authors wrote.

The report calls for a "national renewal" of education to teach the future American citizens the founding principles and the character necessary to live out those principles. A patriotic education, according to the authors, doesn't mean ignoring the faults in the nation's past, but rather viewing the history in a clear and wholesome manner, with reverence and love.

American colleges and universities are doing the exact opposite, the report warns, noting that they've become "hotbeds of anti-Americanism, libel, and censorship," with the intention to "manipulate opinions more than educate minds."

The authors specifically called out historian Howard Zinn and the Pulitzer Prize-winning 1619 Project for preventing students from seeing the humanity, goodness, and benevolence in America's historical figures. Instead, they present their young readers with a distorted version of American history.

"Historical revisionism that tramples honest scholarship and historical truth, shames Americans by highlighting only the sins of their ancestors, and teaches claims of systemic racism that can only be eliminated by more discrimination, is an ideology intended to manipulate opinions more than educate minds," the report reads.

The renewal of American unity will depend on every American willing to stand up against tyranny in their everyday life, the author said.

"Above all, we must stand up to the petty tyrants in every sphere who demand that we speak only of America's sins while denying her greatness," the report states. "At home, in school, at the workplace, and in the world, it is the people and only the people who have the power to stand up for America and defend our way of life."
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:07:31 AM EDT
[#2]
The left is attempting to destroy the Four Olds,you’re in the middle of a cultural revolution even if a bunch of people in the middle are too blind to see it.

What was,past tense,American history is being rewritten and old values cast aside.

Within the year any mention of 1776,Founding Fathers etc will be called “ a racist dog whistle”.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:13:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The left is attempting to destroy the Four Olds,you’re in the middle of a cultural revolution even if a bunch of people in the middle are too blind to see it.

What was,past tense,American history is being rewritten and old values cast aside.

https://pyxis.nymag.com/v1/imgs/926/d5f/a334baf0d43cd480b3ea93582d7e80f8dc-white-culture.2x.w710.jpg

Within the year any mention of 1776,Founding Fathers etc will be called “ a racist dog whistle”.
View Quote

They have to get rid of the American Flag on that flyer as the left has now deemed the American Flag a Racist, sexist, warmongering symbol.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:46:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Interesting that it was just released this month....
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:49:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Back in 1776 the Americans told the British to go fuck themselves because the "unity ship" sailed, caught on fire and sank with all hands lost.

Just saying.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:50:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Interesting that it was just released this month....
View Quote

Almost like a blueprint for what needs to happen.  

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:02:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

https://pyxis.nymag.com/v1/imgs/926/d5f/a334baf0d43cd480b3ea93582d7e80f8dc-white-culture.2x.w710.jpg

View Quote

I’ve seen this trend front and center since 2008...interestingly enough, but it’s much older than that.  I experienced it in college, particularly from professors from other countries.  I had a particularly hard time when forced to take a diversity credit class somewhere around 1999.  This stuff has always been around, but somewhat kept as bay because we weren’t completely radicalized.  

Help me out here.  Where the f is that “guide” from?  Is that really something from the national museum?
Is this something official?

I looked at their web page and found this, maybe they removed it?  I cant wait to share this with my Asian friend who rages about this stuff.

https://nmaahc.si.edu/learn/talking-about-race/topics/whiteness

Holy WTF, so a black person can’t have any of those viewpoints or they are not being black.  I can’t wrap my head around the point of it, nor use mental gymnastics to make that seem appropriate. That is seriously insulting to say it’s only a “white thang” to use logic over emotion, celebrate the individual, use hard work to reach success, and be Christian isn’t it? Isn’t that racist? No of these qualities are natural for prosperity of any culture?

Am I not able to understand this because I’m white?  So we made a national museum to push the agenda that out country was only founded by oppression racism and Whiteness?    I knew it was bad, but I guess I didn’t know it was THIS vulgar.  

It’s not racism to say that all white people are “this” way, and all black people cant be that way, don’t want to be “that” way, or they aren’t being black?  

JFC. This really bothers me...
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:08:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

They have to get rid of the American Flag on that flyer as the left has now deemed the American Flag a Racist, sexist, warmongering symbol.
View Quote

Well that’s nothing new and not any less insane than it originally was.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:19:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not only that, the union is on the wrong side. It should always be on the left; whether hanging horizontally or vertically.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:21:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Meaningless.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:26:35 AM EDT
[#11]
If only his Second Amendment Coalition was as vocal...
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:28:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:30:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The liberals have spent 40-years teaching kids to hate America.

Surprise.

Not really.

People continued to send their kids to public schools.

Boats aren't cheap.
View Quote

Goebbels was right.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:32:42 AM EDT
[#14]
I didn’t even know there was a 1776 Commission.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:54:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:36:41 PM EDT
[#16]
bump
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:38:56 PM EDT
[#17]
We need:

Another Tea Party
Brave leaders
And a shot heard around the world.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:14:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Meaningless.
View Quote

Maybe......
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:18:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
We need:

Another Tea Party
Brave leaders
And a shot heard around the world.
View Quote

That already happened when Federal Agents murdered an unarmed, peaceful white women, protesting for fair and honest elections.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:15:19 PM EDT
[#20]
China Joe is going to wipe his ass with it.
Top Top