BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:53:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Comes on here whining about a conservative candidate, then wants to make sure that race/sex/homo status is top consideration because white male bad.
View Quote

Conservatives are outnumbered in this country, and it’s getting worse.  Winning elections is nearly entirely about voter turnout, and Republicans need to figure out how to capture the political center that is up for grabs.

Running a couple old white male millionaires isn’t a recipe for success imo.

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:53:42 AM EDT
[#2]
How is he going to be the GOP nominee when The RepubliCON shut him out of the Primary?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:54:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

So even if a white male is the most qualified for the job, we should intentionally choose a less qualified LGBTQ BIPOC instead???

View Quote

No, I won’t go that far.

But it did work for Biden.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:58:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just go away, Orange Man.
View Quote
Oh look, somebody that most likely wants another 'principled conservative' as the GOP candidate. You know, another fucking loser like Jeb! or mittens.

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:01:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
good.
I want trump to ruin the establishment republicans
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:08:34 AM EDT
[#6]
If that is what Trump says and how he says it...then Trump is not politically smart.  Even in his rallies he was smart enough to say "This is a movement" and  "this is your movement" not "I am your leader".  The way he ended things shows Trump was out of touch.  If he tons down the delusional/crazy, turns it to a positive message like he used to have, and can put a more professional finish on approach...then he has a good chance at accomplishing what he wants to do.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:14:22 AM EDT
[#7]
How about Abbott or Desantis?  You know, people who aren't complete assholes with huge negative ratings that actually have a chance of winning.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:18:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Based on what I've seen in just one month of the Biden administration, may not be impossible. Cruz blew his chance with some very bad optics. DeSantis could have shot, or Kristi Noem.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:19:00 AM EDT
[#9]
I hope he is the nominee.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:27:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

He has an ego and is a useful idiot for the left to do some real damage. He fights solely for pride.
View Quote

Yeah, it was Trump that was making the Republican Party into a controlled opposition.

Sometimes, I wonder what space time continuum some posters are on.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:28:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Conservatives are outnumbered in this country, and it’s getting worse.  Winning elections is nearly entirely about voter turnout, and Republicans need to figure out how to capture the political center that is up for grabs.

View Quote

Except, you know, the last Republican candidate that made substantial gains in that metric.

Not every NPR talking point is true.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:29:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Shit, they said that about Mitt Romney.

You know, Assault weapons ban and socialized medicine Mitt.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya that would be great, but will never happen.

Trump was a liberal lite and they called him a white supremacist extremist sexist bad man.

What do you think they'd say if Washington was running today?

Shit, they said that about Mitt Romney.

You know, Assault weapons ban and socialized medicine Mitt.

This is what I find hilarious/tragic: a whole bunch of guys on here have zero understanding that they are living decades in the past and somehow think that Ben Shapiro could defeat Cardi B in a debate judged on social media.

Even if there was a transgender,black,female,Muslim reincarnation of Reagan whose running mate was a first generation Mexican Jew whose pronouns are them and honk that could recite the entire Bill of Rights and complete text of all 27 amendments in Spanish the reaction would be the same “literally Nazis”.

I don’t have any answers as to how you can fix the cultural and social rot  that has caused this situation but anyone who thinks there is some Republican who is so ideologically pure,well liked and has zero baggage that could possibly be used against them might as well just wait for Jesus to show back up.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:32:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
He won't be, but he'll still run his mouth/twatter
View Quote
The resident communist has spoken.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:34:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

You are aware the "center" you speak of includes Pro Amnesty, Transgenderism pushed in k-12 as federal policy, and an AWB correct?

No thanks.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:36:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

This,

what the fuck does any other republican bring to the table? Middle of the road RINO and Dem Lite?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't think of a single Republican who could stand up to the onslaught Trump fought against.

Does Tom Cotton have a backbone? He's been talking like it lately.

This,

what the fuck does any other republican bring to the table? Middle of the road RINO and Dem Lite?

Lost the whole of Congress and became the first 1 term President in awhile. That's not success.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:38:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Except, you know, the last Republican candidate that made substantial gains in that metric.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:40:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Much too early to think about 24' or any presumptive candidate.  We still have a stolen election right now to deal with.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:46:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

With the personality to draw in the center, as opposed to motivating them to turn out and vote against you in record numbers.

Throw in a couple years of military service for some street cred, and maybe a little experience already as an elected official.

And how about checking a demographic “box” so the left can’t scream white male toxicity?
View Quote

So . . . you're writing in Gabbard. Got it.

The problem with the GOP is ideology like this: checking boxes is the left's game. We just tried this in GA with Kelly Loeffler . . . she ended up not having ANY convictions on her "conservatism" after lying about them the couple of months she was in office and then during the election run-up.

F boxes.

Fight for personal responsibility and the country. Don't give a damn what "boxes" someone checks.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:49:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yeah, it was Trump that was making the Republican Party into a controlled opposition.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He has an ego and is a useful idiot for the left to do some real damage. He fights solely for pride.

No kidding.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:49:34 AM EDT
[#20]
I hope it's true. All other republicans aren't worth a damn really. But....unless voter fraud gets addressed it won't matter anyway.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:57:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You are aware the "center" you speak of includes Pro Amnesty, Transgenderism pushed in k-12 as federal policy, and an AWB correct?

No thanks.
View Quote

He hates Trump because he wasn’t conservative enough but wants to elect Tulsi Gabbard as when she signs whatever gun control doesn’t make it to Biden it will somehow be centrist and popular

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:01:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'm willing to bet the republican nominee in 4 years is an, as of yet, unknown. At least I hope so.

Young, energetic, likeable, and conservative. With the personality to draw in the center, as opposed to motivating them to turn out and vote against you in record numbers.

Throw in a couple years of military service for some street cred, and maybe a little experience already as an elected official.

And how about checking a demographic "box" so the left can't scream white male toxicity?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like who ?

I'm willing to bet the republican nominee in 4 years is an, as of yet, unknown. At least I hope so.

Young, energetic, likeable, and conservative. With the personality to draw in the center, as opposed to motivating them to turn out and vote against you in record numbers.

And how about checking a demographic "box" so the left can't scream white male toxicity?
And if/when that happens it will mean absolutely JACK SHIT because the dems have complete control on the outcome of presidential elections through fraud now that the majority of your principled conservatives looked the other way before/during/after the theft of 2020. Have fun campaigning for Jeb!/mittens/mccain 3.0.

But hey, at least you can tell all your chamber of commerce pals how ideologically pure you are at the next gathering.

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:03:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Comes on here whining about a conservative candidate, then wants to make sure that race/sex/homo status is top consideration because white male bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like who ?

No shit! FFS....

And I bet he doesn't even realize that the problem looks back at him in the mirror every morning while he brushes his teeth.

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:17:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Much too early to think about 24' or any presumptive candidate.  We still have a stolen election right now to deal with.
View Quote
Oh, it's been dealt with and the results are in. The traitorous gop establishment looked the other way during the most fraudulent election of our lifetime because they wanted orange man gone just as bad as the commies on the left side of the isle. Now the die is cast and nothing will stop the commies as they are now emboldened.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:19:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Fuck the primaries, I guess.

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:19:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Tucker
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:20:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Ya that would be great, but will never happen.

Trump was a liberal lite and they called him a white supremacist extremist sexist bad man.

What do you think they'd say if Washington was running today?
View Quote

JFK was more conservative than half of the republicans in elected office in this country today - think about that. Democrats spent an incredible amount of time and energy to destroy Nixon, and when was the last time you heard a democrat say the name of JFK as a leader whose policies the democrats are proud of?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:27:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

No, I won’t go that far.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So even if a white male is the most qualified for the job, we should intentionally choose a less qualified LGBTQ BIPOC instead???

No, I won’t go that far.

By that logic this should have been a run away win then.

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:31:19 AM EDT
[#29]
I would prefer he back a younger America First candidate that is a little more polished than he is.

DeSantis? I don’t know.

If they run Nikki Hailey or some other milquetoast RINO I probably vote 3rd party.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:37:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think the rumor is being spread about that to out all the establishment Republicans.  It isn't Trump's real approach to make statements like that.  He's trying to trigger all the establishment folks that would take great offense to that idea, get them on record, and then he knows who to go after or exclude.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:43:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I seriously wonder if there's going to be much of anything left of this Country by 24'
View Quote

Depends. I figure that by then many if not most states will be doing their own thing and mostly ignoring the feds.

Sort of a soft balkanization with no declaration of such needed.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top