BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 2:56:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Read demographics regarding education between fans of the two franchises and Star Wars fans are less well-educated.
View Quote

What’s your point? The people that voted for Trump were “less well-educated” than those who voted for Hillary.
You some sort of commie?
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 3:12:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

What’s your point? The people that voted for Trump were “less well-educated” than those who voted for Hillary.
You some sort of commie?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Read demographics regarding education between fans of the two franchises and Star Wars fans are less well-educated.

You some sort of commie?

Exactly.  You can tell by the wardrobe.   Star Trek uniforms are like velour sweaters in the faculty lounge.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 3:20:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Galaxy quest better than either one.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 3:22:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Galaxy quest better than either one.
View Quote

This was a poorly written episode!
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 3:22:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
star trek federation is the liberal fantasy of how communism and global government would actually work.

star wars empire is how it would actually work.    corrupt, evil, most people are dirt poor scavenging tech from previous generations.

you can't really appreciate one without the other
View Quote
Good analysis.

Link Posted: 1/28/2023 3:29:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Why fight them then?  Just hyperspace to their planets, bombard and invade.  If the wars ships are stationary trek ships trying to engage at warp speed would be out of range before they could fire.  

Even if warp speed and hyperspace were somehow the same and they could stop the wars ship in transit,  the empire has thousands and thousands of stary destroyers,  can't stop them all.  And really they could just come out of hyperspace, force the fight,  and go again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't fight what you can't catch...

Why fight them then?  Just hyperspace to their planets, bombard and invade.  If the wars ships are stationary trek ships trying to engage at warp speed would be out of range before they could fire.  

Even if warp speed and hyperspace were somehow the same and they could stop the wars ship in transit,  the empire has thousands and thousands of stary destroyers,  can't stop them all.  And really they could just come out of hyperspace, force the fight,  and go again.

If you read my post before this one, you'll see I agree with you.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 3:46:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Everything after DS9 is mostly shit.
View Quote

But yeah, DS9 was the pinnacle of Trek for sure.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 3:54:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

if naomi had been airlocked along with her entire story arc the expanse would be a 10/10.

and the weird shit on the other worlds was never fleshed out. the way it ended they should have never even brought it up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BSG stepped it up for sure.

Expanse took it to a whole other level.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/EquatorialSelfreliantAfricanmolesnake-max-1mb.gif

(I wish I could find the longer version of this, where they change directions and the sparks all fall accurately...)

the way things were filmed, it gave the feeling of weightlessness, a truly foreign environment and made it a constant part of the story.

http://pop-culturalist.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/expanseShed.gif

Holes in the story aside, they worked damn hard making sure you knew the rules of how things moved were different out there.

Everything else looks a little silly now.

if naomi had been airlocked along with her entire story arc the expanse would be a 10/10.

and the weird shit on the other worlds was never fleshed out. the way it ended they should have never even brought it up.

I feel the same for the girl power soldier from mars and the political chick from earth. I watched expanse, just skipling any parts with those two, when they both ended up on the rocante I stopped watching.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 3:56:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Btw, Star wars wins due to one bit of tech

"The sun crusher"
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 3:56:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
the expanse ruined all other space battles forever.

https://filmschoolrejects.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/TE_loose_matl_ez1.gif
View Quote

This.  Voyager sucked, but is still 100x better than Picard/Lower Decks/Discovery/etc.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 4:19:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Kirk would rule a system at least.  Probably play for teh whole Empire if the chance came up.

Link Posted: 1/28/2023 4:33:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
although it was more murder mystery type vibe, i enjoyed the brief series of whatever show that was where they woke up and called each other number 1-6.  the acting/dialog/plot were better than any star trek, and their ships seemed much more like ships than trek, which looks like the halls of a hampton inn, or wars where ships look like a 50s burger diner
View Quote

Dark Matter. May the assholes that cancelled it die a horrible death by stump grinder.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 4:45:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

What if you like both?  

I pretty much like all sci-fi unless it's really bad.  Like Battlefield Earth.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 8:53:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top