Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2019 10:38:24 PM EDT
While traveling I’ve decided that I’m tired of using a gallon sized ziplock bag to keep my toiletries together. Is there a good bag out there that?
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 10:52:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Quart size, heavy duty zip locks.   Then into the gallon one.

I started with all the fancy stuff, back with plastic.   Packs well.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 10:59:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I prefer just using ziplock bags. I can never find anything in a toiletry bag, and I can obviously just see right through the ziplock to get what I need.

Ziplock is fairly leak proof, and toiletry bags are not.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 11:21:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the mostly flat style with a zipper that goes 3/4ths of the way around.  When you open it up, there's a hook to hang it by. All the contents are right  there for easy access.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 11:39:39 PM EDT
[#4]
How much stuff are you talking?

Do you pack light, or comfortable?

Agree with above that hanging is a great feature. I love my current Tumi because it hangs when it can and sits up straight when it must, while having plenty of room for bulk items and plenty of pockets to prevent losing smaller ones.

My current bag of choice, but not sure if they still sell it:

Perfect for every scenario except the “pack light” ones.

Sticker shock can be a thing until you embrace the buy once, cry once philosophy.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 12:08:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Tier One Toiletries Bag

Survived 3 deployments.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 12:17:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tier One Toiletries Bag

Survived 3 deployments.
View Quote
Amazon Product
  • U-shaped zippered access to main compartment
  • 3 rows of 2-channel PALS webbing
  • Grab handle made from 1 inch webbing

I might not have used one for three deployments, but I have one that has survived life in and out of a Peterbilt for years.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 8:09:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I was in the same boat.  Started looking at bags, wanted to get one made in the USA, and they were $50-$100 for a decent one and usually not US made

Ended up getting a Klein 5139 canvas tool bag.  They are a fantastic deal at about $10, very heavy duty, just the right size for me, and US made.

Bought 2 and loaded them up, so I always have 1 ready to go at all times if I forget to reload the other one.

https://www.kleintools.com/catalog/canvas-zipper-bags/canvas-zipper-bag
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 8:13:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Marshall’s/Tj Maxx/Ross all have a big selection of quality but cheap toiletry bags. My Munsingwear Penguin brand one has been fine for many years
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 11:39:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 2:46:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Military tool bag
I have used one since 1999. It is awesome.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 8:27:03 AM EDT
[#11]
I use the mesh storage bag from my McNett Microfiber towel. It’s got two zippered compartments and a buttoned strap up top that I use to hang it.

I keep soap case, tooth maintenance and anti-perspirant in it, and little else. It dries quickly being mesh, and packs very easily even when full.

I “ranger roll” the towel for travel and use the mesh bag as a grab and go kit. Has worked great for nine years and counting.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 11:34:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Best of both worlds. Can see everything and small.
Amazon Product
  • TSA LARGER BAG - More stylish than a zip lock bag and compliant for 3-1-1 carry on liquids rule.
  • HANDY SMALL BAG - Put loose items like change jewelry keys here for the x-ray bin at the airport.
  • DURABLE - Sturdy construction with double stitching throughout allow you to really load these up.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top