Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2021 11:00:05 PM EDT
Is it possible to actually upload a picture (.svg) into this and make a curved image?  I've tried and tried and keep getting error messages.  Does "picture" just mean text or can I upload an image?

I'm working with my students to make custom Christmas presents.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 10:39:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Try putting your image into windows 3d Builder and turning that into an STL or OBJ to modify in Tinkercad.

I thought they had a curved text utility though? Either way, windows 3d builder is a surprisingly powerful tool and should get you an importable 3d object.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 3:36:03 PM EDT
[#2]
3D buider is probably the best bet if you want flexibility.   Tinkercad does have a curved text shape generator but the options (font) are limited.  

In 3D Builder,  under edit use the "emboss" option.  You will immediately have access to a field for text entry,  projection type and font selection.   3D builder lets you write .STL files & you can print directly from there if you want.

In addition to direct entry of text, the emboss function allows you to load a pattern & emboss that on a surface.  This would probably be the way to import your calligraphy & embed it on a ring.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top