Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/15/2021 12:32:02 PM EDT
Thoughts from the hive?
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 12:32:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Budget and what are you carrying?

I've been rocking an LAPG bag for like 10+ years for my basic "kit".
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 12:34:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I just bought the Midwayusa competition bag. The fucker is huge and seems well made - priced just right for a range bag ~$60. That's good enough for me.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 12:36:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve had an Elite Survival Systems bag for probably 15 years.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 12:36:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Larue is what I have.  They seem nice.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 12:37:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been using the cheap shit one from Walmart for about 11 years now.

May upgrade to 5.11 if they show up on clearance.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 12:39:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
I just bought the Midwayusa competition bag. The fucker is huge and seems well made - priced just right for a range bag ~$60. That's good enough for me.
Not sure how "basic" and "good enough for me" are Tier 1.

Emdom is what you seek, OP.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 12:40:25 PM EDT
[#7]
MidwayUSA Competition Range Bag...or the system version, which comes with a removal ammo tote that also makes it easy to slide two more pistols inside, increasing the number to four that can each be in their own divider in the main compartment...plus two more zippered pouches.  And of course, lots of pockets on the outside, including a mag pocket that has another spot to hold a pistol in an isolated sleeve.

The system version is pretty much the same as the 5.11 Range Ready bad, but for less.  My 5.11 bag:

And the stuff that's always in it, before I start throwing in guns, ammo, mags, etc:

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 12:40:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Budget is not really a consideration; I just want high quality. I have an old 5.11 bag that is starting to show its age, so time to replace.

I switched all of my gun bags to SERT last year and love the quality but SERT is sold out of their range bag, and possibly discontinued.

I also have a Vertx Gamut 2.0, so I considered another Vertx bag but not sure if that is my best option.

This will be for two sets of ear pro (Otto NoizeBarriers (2 cases)), some Upleulas, two pair of shooting gloves, extra buffer springs, field repair kits, etc.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 12:41:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I want this (Helikon) since I joined a new range and it's much further away, so I have to carry more shit, but the company is taking its sweet time getting them in-stock. It's bad when a company says they have no idea. I've been using Pelican cases, which works fine.

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's made by Savior. They make good bags/cases. Sorry, that is their rifle case.

I also have a Vertx Gamut 2.0, so I considered another Vertx bag but not sure if that is my best option.

I love Vertx, I don't like the design of their range bags. Love my Gamut 2.0 fwiw.

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 12:42:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have a couple of them, one for my AR and one for pistols everything else.

I have this one in red.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 12:43:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 12:43:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Budget is not really a consideration; I just want high quality. I have an old 5.11 bag that is starting to show its age, so time to replace.

I switched all of my gun bags to SERT last year and love the quality but SERT is sold out of their range bag, and possibly discontinued.

This will be for two sets of ear pro (Otto NoizeBarriers (2 cases)), some Upleulas, two pair of shooting gloves, extra buffer springs, field repair kits, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://lbtinc.com/collections/bags/products/8030a
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 12:45:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
MidwayUSA Competition Range Bag...or the system version, which comes with a removal ammo tote that also makes it easy to slide two more pistols inside, increasing the number to four that can each be in their own divider in the main compartment...plus two more zippered pouches.  And of course, lots of pockets on the outside, including a mag pocket that has another spot to hold a pistol in an isolated sleeve.

The system version is pretty much the same as the 5.11 Range Ready bad, but for less.  My 5.11 bag:

https://i.imgur.com/LMv8aiw.jpg

And the stuff that's always in it, before I start throwing in guns, ammo, mags, etc:

https://i.imgur.com/5Oiue8Y.jpg
View Quote
Buddy's wife bought him one of those. He shot the corner out of it using it as a rest for his .300BO. I still give him shit about it. He'll probably see this and get mad.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 12:47:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Buddy's wife bought him one of those. He shot the corner out of it using it as a rest for his .300BO. I still give him shit about it. He'll probably see this and get mad.
View Quote

I think I have seen him admit that here.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 12:48:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Another vote for the Midway bag.  As posted above I have the one that came with two handgun pouches, removable carry tote thing and pouch I use for spent brass.  It's got tons of room and is durable. They run sales every so often which makes them an even better deal.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 12:48:37 PM EDT
[#16]
WRB makes some pretty sweet bags and cases here in the USA.  https://wrbsales.com/
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 12:50:03 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a Tactical Tailor Large Range Bag. Huge bag and like all TT stuff...tougher than hell.

Large Range Bag:Main compartment: 22" x 9" x 13"
Side compartments: 16" x 3" x 10" (x2)

(Mine is multicam)

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 1:00:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Chinamart nylon fishing tackle bag. Fight me.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 1:01:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I like the Midway bags.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 1:02:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Smith and Wesson range bag. Looks identical to the 5.11 posted above. I think i bought it at Midway on clearance for $24 bucks 4 or 5 years ago.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 1:05:39 PM EDT
[#21]
I have been using aCabelas Medium Range Bag for several years and I'm very happy with it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 1:06:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I have a Tactical Tailor Large Range Bag. Huge bag and like all TT stuff...tougher than hell.

Large Range Bag:Main compartment: 22" x 9" x 13"
Side compartments: 16" x 3" x 10" (x2)

(Mine is multicam)
https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fsep.yimg.com%2Fay%2Foptacticalgear%2Ftactical-tailor-range-multi-purpose-bag-large-11.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

View Quote

I have that, but the medium size. It's a good bag.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 1:09:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 1:13:49 PM EDT
[#24]
IDTOUR VTS |Virtual Trade Show| The Ultimate Range Bag
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 1:14:53 PM EDT
[#25]
I use an Eberlystock range bag.  I would consider it Tier One.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 1:16:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I bring one bag with all of the ppe, tools, and misc range stuff.

Each firearm has its own specific bag after that including a dry box of ammo, mags, loader, and any tools for that specific firearm.

I like the spec ops multipurpose bag.

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 1:24:45 PM EDT
[#27]
I roll with Velcro modularity.

WRB

LBX tactical
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 1:26:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Best range pack I have used. Other than flat shoot n c  type target storage.

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 1:30:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Not sure how "basic" and "good enough for me" are Tier 1.

Emdom is what you seek, OP.
View Quote

Perfect, thank you @LAKELLY

I am looking at the Emdom/MM Extended Mission Bag and it says preorder, but there is no info on the page regarding expected fulfillment times. Any idea how their ordering system works?

https://www.emdomusa.com/Emdom-MM-TNT-Extended-Mission-Bag-p/eu135.htm?1=1&CartID=1
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 1:38:11 PM EDT
[#30]

Who makes the bag and what model is it?
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 1:40:18 PM EDT
[#31]
You can load the midway bag full enough to give you back problems.

I load it with ammo, handguns, staplers, mags and loaders, etc. it has held up well over the years.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 1:42:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

GPS tall target pack I think. Been a while.

Sku: GPS-T1913BPPMB
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 1:43:54 PM EDT
[#33]
I use a top loading gym bag with end and side pockets. It’s cheap and works.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 1:46:42 PM EDT
[#34]
I use a 3 day assault pack.  Got a couple DCU ones from when I was in the service and they work great.  IIRC, the DCU ones were the first to have a few improved features like better shoulder straps.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 2:02:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

love mine its probably 15 years old now.
Look around, you can stumble across the exact bag with some other
name stitched on it for less occasionally.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 2:04:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I roll with Velcro modularity.

WRB

LBX tactical
View Quote

All the LaRue stuff is made by WRB btw.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 2:26:50 PM EDT
[#37]
I used to use a wheel barrow. My range was the South 5 acres.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 2:31:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

I also have the Vertx range bag. Have had it for about 5 years or so. Love it.

https://vertx.com/cof-heavy-range-bag
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 2:36:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Typical GD "tier one" thread - "I want a bag that will make the ladies soak their panties, can withstand a nuclear attack, but it has to be under $20.00"
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 2:37:32 PM EDT
[#40]
When I shot competition, this was the way to go.  I still use it when taking out multiple handguns.

Standard Green Mountain Range Bags

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 2:55:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Big Bertha range bag.. not terribly expensive and more importantly, doesn't stand out

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 3:11:57 PM EDT
[#42]
My Waller Range bag is 30 years old and still going strong, sadly they are no longer made AFAIK.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 3:19:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Eberlestock makes a cool one for like two bills. My buddy has one, it’s very nice.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 3:20:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Needs medical and a tourniquet.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 3:23:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Dunno if it's tier 1, but my low speed high drag ass has been happy with the Osage River range bag I got from Amazon.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 3:24:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Chinamart nylon fishing tackle bag. Fight me.
View Quote

Don’t need to. Your shame is enough punishment.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 3:25:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I use an Eberlystock range bag.  I would consider it Tier One.
View Quote

That’s a very nice bag.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 4:36:51 PM EDT
[#48]
I just got the 5.11 bag. It's nice, big, and a good deal when it's on sale for $75.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 4:40:00 PM EDT
[#49]

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top