Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2022 2:29:04 PM EDT
Looking for a home gamer meat slicer to cut up occasional meat for philly and beef jerky.  Easy to clean and maintain, bonus points for not made of chinese fake stainless steel.  I dont need a professional use or money-is-no-object model. What say the hive?
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 4:50:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Amazon

This one has good reviews and is in my wish list.  I haven't pulled the trigger on it, I really don't have anywhere to put it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 10:03:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't waste your time.  I recently trashed my cheap slicer.  PITA to clean and didn't work well when getting to the end of what I was cutting, mainly home cured bacon.

Got this and all is well again:
Amazon Product
  • Long and narrow in shape, with a razor sharp edge designed for maximum cutting performance, this knife is suited for slicing everything from meats, to cakes, to sandwiches
  • The Granton blade creates pockets of air, which prevent food from sticking to the blade and creates less friction, allowing for easier motion and higher efficiency
  • "Highly Recommended" by a leading gourmet consumer magazine that features unbiased ratings and reviews of cookware and kitchen equipment

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:27:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Amazon

This one has good reviews and is in my wish list.  I haven't pulled the trigger on it, I really don't have anywhere to put it.
View Quote

I've had this one for a few years and it works great.  This is as cheap as I would go on a slicer though.  Pretty much anything cheaper is junk.

Not super easy to clean, but also not terrible.

Slices great, pretty quiet, comes apart easily.  Very sharp and the built in sharpener seems to work pretty well.  

I've sliced lots of meat, some cheese, works for both.  I have the Teflon coated blade...supposed to be better for cheese.  idk...
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:39:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I've had this one for close to 20 years, but rarely use it, since I don't cook that much and it is a bit of a pain to clean.  But, anytime I want to slice something evenly, I'm very glad I have it!

ETA:  I originally posted a <$100 slicer but I found my exact model and it's $242.00!!  It was a gift, so I had no idea it was so expensive!  

Slicer

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:15:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Cheap slicers just aren't worth it. The only slicers worth owning are in the $250+ price category. If you're lucky AND patient you can snag a used Hobart for that and have a real Tier 1 slicer.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:42:53 PM EDT
[#6]
go hobart or berkel or globe. watch for a used one

Link Posted: 5/31/2022 1:21:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't waste your time.  I recently trashed my cheap slicer.  PITA to clean and didn't work well when getting to the end of what I was cutting, mainly home cured bacon.

Got this and all is well again:
www.amazon.com/dp/B0000CFDB9
View Quote
My granton is a Mercer.  That is how I have been doing it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top