Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2021 10:16:41 AM EDT
I have previously just purchased "budget" blades from Lowes or HD.

It is time for an upgrade as my work and time in the shop increases.  What is the thought on the Diablo blades?  They are more expensive, but not break the bank expensive.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 10:47:09 AM EDT
[#1]
They’re my go to blades. Sawzall circ saw table saw miter saw cut off saw etc
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 10:49:26 AM EDT
[#2]
They're definitely good to go.
The circular saw ones are the only thing I'd use for something like PT lumber. Beautiful cut through the wettest stuff.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 10:52:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Love my thin kerf Diablo blades.

I think Dewalts Sawzall blades are superior though. And I am a Milwaukee guy.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 10:54:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like I need to make a trip to the store today.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 11:01:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't be afraid of Matsushita (sp?) blades, either.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 11:06:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Project Farm did a review/comparison of saw blades

Best "Demolition" Circular Saw Blade? Milwaukee, Diablo, DeWalt, Hercules, Evolution, Bosch, Amana

I just realized that vid was for demo blades. Not really fitting. I'll own the fail

Link Posted: 8/19/2021 11:07:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 12:40:43 PM EDT
[#8]
They are ok, but when I had some spare cash, I picked up a Forrest WWII blade for my table saw, I was blown away at how superior. I had no concept that a blade could cut so smoothly and perfectly. In most cases it looks like a smoothly sanded finish.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 4:35:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Decent "mid grade" blade.  Forrest are the absolute nicest ones I've used and last significantly longer and cut significantly better, BUT cost a lot more.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 4:59:38 PM EDT
[#10]
After snovid hit, my crew cut roughly 87 million miles of pvc and we exclusively used diablo recip blades — A+, would do business again!!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 7:14:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They are ok, but when I had some spare cash, I picked up a Forrest WWII blade for my table saw, I was blown away at how superior. I had no concept that a blade could cut so smoothly and perfectly. In most cases it looks like a smoothly sanded finish.
View Quote

I don't have a Forrest, but saw blades in general are "you get what you pay for." Amana and Freud are my preferred, and they are significantly better than my Diablo blades.

I will say that I do like Diablo blades and find them to be the best option by far available at big box stores and almost universally superior to whatever blade came with it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 8:36:58 AM EDT
[#12]
They cut great, but I could do without the (occasional) red smudges on stuff.
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 9:05:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Decent "mid grade" blade.  Forrest are the absolute nicest ones I've used and last significantly longer and cut significantly better, BUT cost a lot more.
View Quote

Yep. I use Diablo in my circular saw for breaking down sheet goods and finish them on my table saw that has a Forest blade in it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 10:10:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Picked up a couple Diablo blades and they are the best I have used so far.  Much better than the cheaper ones I have been buying.  Nice clean cuts and much less tear-out.  I do get some of the red smudges, but I guess that will decline as I use them.

Then I see a post about the Forest ones, well perhaps next time.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 6:05:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I don't have a Forrest, but saw blades in general are "you get what you pay for." Amana and Freud are my preferred, and they are significantly better than my Diablo blades.
View Quote

Diablo blades are made by Freud, it even says right on the blade.

I'm just a DIY homeowner. I was fighting some circ saw blade issues a couple years ago and a contractor friend told me to get a Diablo. It solved all my problems. I've since replaced my table saw blade with a Diablo, and picked up a set of Diablo masonry bits. I understand the value of higher quality blades but my use type occasionally has me finding a missed nail with a blade. When that happens I would much rather be using a mid-grade blade that performs well instead of a high end blade.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 6:07:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 8:03:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Diablo blades are made by Freud, it even says right on the blade.

I'm just a DIY homeowner. I was fighting some circ saw blade issues a couple years ago and a contractor friend told me to get a Diablo. It solved all my problems. I've since replaced my table saw blade with a Diablo, and picked up a set of Diablo masonry bits. I understand the value of higher quality blades but my use type occasionally has me finding a missed nail with a blade. When that happens I would much rather be using a mid-grade blade that performs well instead of a high end blade.
View Quote

Diablo blades are made by Freud but not really marketed to woodworkers. They have thinner tips (generally thinner kerf overall) and don't last as long. Otherwise, yes, they are similar.

I have no problem with Diablo blades. I simply find Freud blades provide better cut quality and life.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 5:38:59 PM EDT
[#18]
They are great for all of my jobsite saws, run miles of framing, trim and builtin's with them.

My shop saws all have Forrest blades.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 7:12:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Diablo makes a good blade. I used to be a general contractor and learned long ago that a good blade will make the cheapest saw a better tool and the worst blade will make the best saw impossible to work with.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 9:33:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Picked up a couple Diablo blades and they are the best I have used so far.  Much better than the cheaper ones I have been buying.  Nice clean cuts and much less tear-out.  I do get some of the red smudges, but I guess that will decline as I use them.

View Quote
Yeah the red transfer is annoying. It'll wear off. I've taken a RO sander to them to strip them too. all depends on your needs.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 9:38:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah the red transfer is annoying. It'll wear off. I've taken a RO sander to them to strip them too. all depends on your needs and your project
I have also had decent luck with the Avanti blades from HD. They're nothing special but did what I needed when I was in a pinch.

Link Posted: 9/22/2021 10:13:17 PM EDT
[#22]
The only brand I use

Link Posted: 10/6/2021 4:24:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Forrest or Amana is where you'll get your monies worth. diablo sucks!
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 1:40:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Forrest or Amana is where you'll get your monies worth. diablo sucks!
View Quote

The Diablo crosscut blades are more of a framing tool than a finished WW tool.

There cut is just a little to aggressive for real precision work.

I would add Freud branded blades along with Forrest & Amana.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top