Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2022 8:33:48 PM EDT
So I ordered this. Compass RG65 from Volantex. Comes pretty much completely ready to go, just had to install the keel/bulb, rudder, and mast/sails. It was already rigged, just had to connect the sheets to the servo line. The sails are not great but it still takes off pretty well w/ even a small puff. I upgraded the TX and RX after doing some research online. Just as the breeze disappeared at the local spot the local club showed up for a race. Those old guys have some pretty sweet boats! Int'l 1 meter one design. Anyway, here it is.

Kinda hard to shoot video w/ your phone and sail at the same time! On a reach.

Link Posted: 3/1/2022 10:25:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Very cool..!!!

Link Posted: 3/1/2022 10:45:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice.  I have never sailed a Compass.  Seawind and S/B are the big classes around here.  Love r/c sailing and racing.  Was big into Victorias for a while.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 1:08:52 AM EDT
[#3]
One of the parks I worked at had a lake,  loved it when the RC sailboat guys had their yearly regatta,  Gave me a chance to run the whaler around a bit to help the guys set up their race course.   For what looks pretty simple the boats were fairly high tech.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 1:15:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Funny story...

I once lost an FPV drone in a very large pond/small lake a few years back.

Rented a damn wetsuit and spent 8 hours doing a grid search walking that damn pond looking for the stupid drone.  Using my feet to walk a taught line while using my feet to feel around.

Never found the drone but I did find a 2 channel Sprektum radio that I am pretty sure some RC sail boat owner tossed out into tbe middle of the lake.

Go team failsafe.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 1:04:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Funny story...

I once lost an FPV drone in a very large pond/small lake a few years back.

Rented a damn wetsuit and spent 8 hours doing a grid search walking that damn pond looking for the stupid drone.  Using my feet to walk a taught line while using my feet to feel around.

Never found the drone but I did find a 2 channel Sprektum radio that I am pretty sure some RC sail boat owner tossed out into tbe middle of the lake.

Go team failsafe.
View Quote

Meh, Spektrum, no loss.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top