Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2022 11:02:40 AM EDT
https://report.nih.gov/funding/categorical-spending#/

NIH

What is arguably our nations biggest issue with health? Obesity, which manifest itself to a host of other ailments.

Estimates of the medical cost of adult obesity in the United States (U.S.) range from $147 billion to nearly $210 billion per year
View Quote

So one would assume, we would be spending a lot of money trying to cure this, from a fiscal stand point, a national security standpoint, a lot of reasons to be honest.

Being the USA, can we all guess what we spend nearly 3 times the amount of money on for research in this country that

Here's a hint

Today, there are more than 1.2 million people living with XXX in the U.S. and there are more than 35,000 new infections each year. More than 700,000 people in the U.S., have died from XXX-related illness.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:06:58 AM EDT
[#1]
"I expected much  better from this country TBH"

Theres your error.

We're living in a transitional country that was, but still currently referred to as, the USA.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:08:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Guess who was running NIH during the AIDS scare?
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:09:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"I expected much  better from this country TBH"

Theres your error.

We're living in a transitional country that was, but still currently referred to as, the USA.
View Quote

good point, what is wrong with civilization when you put the wants of degenerates above those of children.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:10:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes I know exactly who it was, You can also go to the NYT archives and read articles from back then and see what a giant megalomaniac he was back then too
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:11:59 AM EDT
[#5]
But with no more fat women, what will happen to all of the threads you love to post about?
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:12:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Don't look at male testicular cancer rates and spending verses birthing human's breast cancer rates and spending.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:13:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Consumers control research spending. Producers produce what they think the market will reward them for.

You are assuming that people who consume health care are rational thinkers.

Cancer cure 1 - Costs $200,000, bad side effects, works only 30% of the time.

Cancer cure 2 - Bottle of pills for 30 days, works well, little side effect, costs $5,000

You would call cure number 2 a scam since you approach it with a 'light stays on in the fridge' approach.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:14:43 AM EDT
[#8]
What research is needed?

Eat less, move more.

Dr. Ug made this medical discovery in 10,000 B.C.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:16:16 AM EDT
[#9]
The people who pay for the research, those with a product interest, they control the research.  Their business their rules.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:23:19 AM EDT
[#10]
This pertains to NIH funded research.  I agree that our public funding priorities are completely fucked, but the (unreported) spend by the private sector on things like cancer research is enormous.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:25:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
But with no more fat women, what will happen to all of the threads you love to post about?
View Quote

oh no unintended consequences
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:26:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Don't look at male testicular cancer rates and spending verses birthing human's breast cancer rates and spending.
View Quote

I knew that already, no one gives two fucks about men
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:27:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This pertains to NIH funded research.  I agree that our public funding priorities are completely fucked, but the (unreported) spend by the private sector on things like cancer research is enormous.
View Quote

on pediatric oncology tho?

But by all means, there is zero fuckin reason we should be spending 3 fuckin billion a year on HIV/AIDS research thse days....WTF
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:30:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

But by all means, there is zero fuckin reason we should be spending 3 fuckin billion a year on HIV/AIDS research thse days....WTF
View Quote

How else will they get funding to plan the next one?
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:33:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

next AIDs?
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:34:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

On all sorts of diseases and medical conditions.  You'd probably be surprised. Not only by big pharma, but theres a ton of small pharma companies (sometimes just one or two people) doing clinical and pre-clinical research in hopes of finding the next big thing.  There's venture capital firms that fund and have dozens of small pharmas in their portfolios. Everyone wants to be the next Merck or Pfizer, or at least develop their idea/product enough to sell to a Merck or Pfizer for a gazillion bucks.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:35:12 AM EDT
[#17]
It all makes more sense when you drop the pretense that Gov is here to help.

People need to understand there really are people at the top that are shaping policy with the intent of killing you and me.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:36:52 AM EDT
[#18]
@midcap
Try shooting Musk a Tweet.
Seriously.

Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:37:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

On all sorts of diseases and medical conditions.  You'd probably be surprised. Not only by big pharma, but theres a ton of small pharma companies (sometimes just one or two people) doing clinical and pre-clinical research in hopes of finding the next big thing.  There's venture capital firms that fund and have dozens of small pharmas in their portfolios.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On all sorts of diseases and medical conditions.  You'd probably be surprised. Not only by big pharma, but theres a ton of small pharma companies (sometimes just one or two people) doing clinical and pre-clinical research in hopes of finding the next big thing.  There's venture capital firms that fund and have dozens of small pharmas in their portfolios.

that's good to hear. it still grinds my gears that there is so much tax money being spent on AIDs today
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:37:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
@midcap
Try shooting Musk a Tweet.
Seriously.

View Quote

I may do that. I don't want the AIDs folks to DOXX me tho
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:38:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

next AIDs?
View Quote

Yeah. I reckon this is similar to our gain of function research funding on corona viruses.

As you said, how could they truly be spending that much money on AIDs at this point?

Your premise is absolutely correct; our medical time and money should be spent on curing cancer and preventing obesity.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:39:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yeah. I reckon this is similar to our gain of function research funding on corona viruses.

As you said, how could they truly be spending that much money on AIDs at this point?

Your premise is absolutely correct; our medical time and money should be spent on curing cancer and preventing obesity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

next AIDs?

That is actually a good point. They really need to stop fucking with shit like that, all we need is  fuckin air born aids.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:43:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yes I know exactly who it was, You can also go to the NYT archives and read articles from back then and see what a giant megalomaniac he was back then too
View Quote

It is interesting that quarantining a select group back then was verboten, but locking down the country for the equivalent of the flu was deemed just fine…
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:48:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That is actually a good point. They really need to stop fucking with shit like that, all we need is  fuckin air born aids.
View Quote

I haven't looked into it, but there are conspiracy theories out there that all these things we hear about (AIDs, swine flu, bird flu, etc) are released on intentionally (usually in Africa) for whatever purpose.

Thus you have Gates and others heavily interested in vaccine/medical research in Africa. There are poor and sick people all over the world. Why is he interested in specific 'uncivilized' populations?

Or maybe it's all a coincidence.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:51:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I haven't looked into it, but there are conspiracy theories out there that all these things we hear about (AIDs, swine flu, bird flu, etc) are released on intentionally (usually in Africa) for whatever purpose.

Thus you have Gates and others heavily interested in vaccine/medical research in Africa. There are poor and sick people all over the world. Why is he interested in specific 'uncivilized' populations?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be sinister.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:53:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 12:00:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

A dickhead named Fauci
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 12:04:49 PM EDT
[#28]

her A1C begs to differ
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 12:18:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Just had to do it.

Wreckless or Reckless: What’s the Difference?
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 12:19:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 12:21:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Paging FREEFALLE7 America’s personal fitness trainer we need you Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 12:23:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Consumers control research spending. Producers produce what they think the market will reward them for.

You are assuming that people who consume health care are rational thinkers.

Cancer cure 1 - Costs $200,000, bad side effects, works only 30% of the time.

Cancer cure 2 - Bottle of pills for 30 days, works well, little side effect, costs $5,000

You would call cure number 2 a scam since you approach it with a 'light stays on in the fridge' approach.
View Quote

@bossk556
What bottle of pills are we talking about?  Cancer sucks and I has taken multiple I know.  Always interested in reading about treatments.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 12:24:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
What research is needed?

Eat less, move more.

Dr. Ug made this medical discovery in 10,000 B.C.
View Quote

Agreed.. what research is needed.  This is something people can control themselves with diet and exercise.

Link Posted: 5/4/2022 12:49:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Why is it that when you can't wear last years shorts because you can't button the top button you just keep stuffing your face with fat producing foods?

Look at the amount of money that is spent on Obesity medicael conditions.

If you stand erect and tip your head down and can't see your Cock sticking out then your to Fat.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 1:13:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 1:45:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

good point, what is wrong with civilization when you put the wants of degenerates above those of children.
View Quote

Cancer will never be cured.  To much money to be made in treatments.  
Unless the rest of the world that uses "advancements" made by American companies, starts doing their own research and searching for a cure it will never happen.
$100 billion over 10 years to find a cure, or spend a few hundred million acting like you are looking for one while making hundreds of billions on the suffering of cancer.  
As long as medical companies are for profit there is no incentive to cure anything.  
How did we come up with vaccines for literally everything before using super computers to work on them? but we can't cure the common cold with all of the super computers and research resources available now?  Simple, it's not profitable.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 1:48:01 PM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Just had to do it.

Wreckless or Reckless: What’s the Difference?

wreck em, damn near killed em!
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 2:04:21 PM EDT
[#38]
The only reason is because the nih feels bad for creating aids and therefore needs to overcompensate with extra funding.  

With any luck they’ll be able to cure aids with a safe and effective mRNA shot.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 2:12:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The only reason is because the nih feels bad for creating aids and therefore needs to overcompensate with extra funding.  

With any luck they’ll be able to cure aids with a safe and effective mRNA shot.
View Quote

lol...so the NIH gave the aids to magic johnson and the gay flight attendant?
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 3:26:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

lol...so the NIH gave the aids to magic johnson and the gay flight attendant?
View Quote

No, they got it from a toilet seat like everyone else except patient zero: an NIH janitor who raw dogged a monkey in a lab.

In all seriousness I do wonder how much the major fuck ups from Fauci and the nih  regarding aids affect the current funding imbalance.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 3:28:17 PM EDT
[#41]
If they solve the crisis of obesity, OP won’t have any chubbies to chase…

Top Top