Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 6:35:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Weather has been perfect by Lake Michigan. This is the most temperate Summer we've had in decades.

But there's a reason we live by the Great Lakes and not in some desert.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 6:35:57 PM EDT
[#2]
We had 31 straight days of temps of 110 or Higher.

Currently 108

And no rain in sight .
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 6:38:26 PM EDT
[#3]
This is the problem, I detest living in Michigan with the Lansing/Detroit leftist losers.

But its 83 right now, with a pleasant little breeze. I'd love to move to a free state, but they're all too dang hot.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 6:39:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I like hot, the cold sucks
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 6:40:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Daytime highs in the mid to high 80s, and mid 50s at night. We sleep with the windows open, then close up the house and crank the AC.

Four days of light rain and thunderstorms coming. Much cooler, but it's way too dry for lightning to make anyone happy.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 6:40:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh I feel ya OP. 6am it was 89F dew point of 78. We haven't had any measurable amount of rain in weeks, going on a month.

The only bit of good news is the redfish and shrimp are moving up onto the bayous.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 6:40:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How many 16 ounce bottles do you drink in 20 minutes?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’m tired of it for sure.  The real killer will be my water bill at the end of the month.

How many 16 ounce bottles do you drink in 20 minutes?

I don’t drink them, I pour them on the lawn.  I have them delivered by the pallet.  You should see my recycling bin!  

Seriously, my chief concerns are my slab foundation and trees in the yard.  The trees seem to be recovering nicely from the ice storm in February.  I lost a lot of limbs for a city-size lot.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 6:42:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 6:43:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You're not opening up any windows at night, the "lows" are still in the 90's. One low set an all-time high for low temps at 97F. It got up to 119 that day.
No measurable rain in Phx's official rain gauge since March.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The entire month of July was 110+. Many of those days, the highs were closer to 120 than 110.

I would go insane.

What's the point when you have to be in AC or water at all times?

I need to be able to at least open up the house at night, hot days like that it would never get cool enough to open the house.

That's insanity.

You're not opening up any windows at night, the "lows" are still in the 90's. One low set an all-time high for low temps at 97F. It got up to 119 that day.

Yes I understand.
That's my point though, I think that's madness.

We have maybe 2-4 weeks a year at most where it's too hot at night and I have to begrudgingly leave the AC on and the windows closed at night.

Being able to open the house up at night and get some fresh cool outside air in takes away the edge of all those hot days and keeps my sanity.

Having to live in AC at all times is no way to live.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 6:44:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I just went for a moto ride around here, it’s about 80 but in these Appalachian foothill roads it was freezing in shorts. So weird how I can to the top of hills in the sun and roast on 90f plus days but as soon as I’m in the trees and down in hollers it will freeze you.

Link Posted: 8/3/2023 6:44:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I love the cold it makes me feel alive do not do well in the heat
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 6:44:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
what's pissing me off is the 60% humidity we are having here in CA. I dont put up with the bullshit and the cost to live in Georgia. fuck this shit last 4-5 summers have been humid as shit.
View Quote

Sacramento? I never feel it on the coast.     Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 6:46:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yes I understand.
That's my point though, I think that madness.

We have maybe 2-4 weeks a year where it's too hot at night and I have to begrudgingly leave the AC on and the windows closed at night.

Being able to open the house up at night and get some fresh cool outside air in takes away the edge of all those hot days and keeps my sanity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The entire month of July was 110+. Many of those days, the highs were closer to 120 than 110.

I would go insane.

What's the point when you have to be in AC or water at all times?

I need to be able to at least open up the house at night, hot days like that it would never get cool enough to open the house.

That's insanity.

Yes I understand.
That's my point though, I think that madness.

We have maybe 2-4 weeks a year where it's too hot at night and I have to begrudgingly leave the AC on and the windows closed at night.

Summers are awful here, the rest of the yr is really great. Weather usually breaks right around Halloween. Looking forward to shutting the AC down and opening doors and windows again!

I should amend that to say, June is generally awful. Straight, unfiltered sunshine and heat. I do enjoy monsoon season (July-early Sept) when you can get some great storms that really cool us down. We're not getting that so far this yr.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 6:47:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Aw hell. Hope you get it back soon. Day 26 or 27 of triple digit highs with no rain in the forecast.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My power just went out.

Aw hell. Hope you get it back soon. Day 26 or 27 of triple digit highs with no rain in the forecast.

Attachment Attached File

We now have had several days in a row over 90. Highest was 94 I believe.

Now we have fires and smoke to deal with.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 6:48:24 PM EDT
[#15]
The east coast has been spared I guess.  I did see a couple days at 97 or so, but the rest has been pretty nice, barring this past weekend.  Early June was bizarre with some days in the upper 60s/low 70s where it didn't rain.  Today was overcast with a few periods of rain.  High of 70.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 6:50:04 PM EDT
[#16]

Well, except that OP is in Texas. Mountain west for the win.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 6:56:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Meh, doesn't bother me because it's a dry heat lol, that really does help. I work in it all day.

My GF about expired a couple weeks ago when we were hiking in 100+, she went from good to puking in a very short time. She had plenty of water but the heat was too much. I was 100% and ready to carry her out but I can see how people go tits up really fast. She is fit and 10 yrs younger than me but not acclimated to the heat.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 6:56:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Weather has been perfect by Lake Michigan. This is the most temperate Summer we've had in decades.

But there's a reason we live by the Great Lakes and not in some desert.
View Quote

Yeah, stopped by last November, Wife & Son got out of the car for 5 minutes to get a photo by the Lake.

Fuck all that cold!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 6:57:34 PM EDT
[#19]
If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

https://www.landwatch.com/montana-land-for-sale
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 6:59:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Only 106 down the road from you.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 7:00:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Be careful in the future, once your body has one heat episode, it’s really easy to have it happen again.
View Quote

can confirm.  And even easier after the second one
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 7:00:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Mid 50's in the early hours and high 90's in the afternoon here.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 7:03:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Be careful in the future, once your body has one heat episode, it’s really easy to have it happen again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I had my first heat related incident today. Had to stop and go home. I got real light headed and my hands felt bizarre. Never happened before.

My first was at a golf camp in Houston when I was 13

Makes me wonder why the hell I keep working in deserts ?????
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 7:03:55 PM EDT
[#24]
This has been a pretty warm summer.

My son is at his first football practice of the season.

Link Posted: 8/3/2023 7:04:34 PM EDT
[#25]
I could probably deal with the heat we have been having if there was a least a little rain from time to time.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 7:10:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
mountain-dweller master race checking in...
View Quote

What kind of bullshit is that supposed to mean?
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 7:11:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Nice cool breeze in the hills of Appalachia.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 7:12:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 7:13:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Woohoo, power's back on. Was off a little over an hour and only 2 degree temp rise. Now I can watch the Astros/Yankees game on fox.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 7:15:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 7:16:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Today's high was 98 with a heat index of 116. It's been 95-100degrees with heat indices between 110-122 for the past month. I'm really, really over this hot, humid BS.

Also, I learned two years ago when I was outside doing flight testing in similar weather, alternate between water and gatorade. And, if that isn't enough, have a bottle of Pedialyte on stand-by. It's like drinking pancake syrup but it stops the nausea and headache immediately.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 7:16:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Woohoo, power's back on. Was off a little over an hour and only 2 degree temp rise. Now I can watch the Astros/Yankees game on fox.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 7:23:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Been hot as Hell here in AZ, keep getting emails from my power company that my bill will exceed my preset threshold.
Fortunately my neighbor is out of town a lot so she lets me use her pool in return for me keeping it clean, although lately it has been more like bath water than cool!
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 7:23:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
My power just went out.
View Quote

“3rd world shithole”
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 7:24:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It's been downright pleasant here in Alabama.  We have the house windows open.  Nice to hear the frogs at night.
View Quote

Sarcasm? Hot as fuck in Alabama.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 7:27:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Forcast is 110+ for the next 2 weeks too. Wonderful
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 7:27:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Its 108°on the porch in the shade right now and.there's a skeleton of a dead cat out in the front yard.

No polaroid moments on my end and that's for sure.

Cooled off a window unit with the hose a little while ago and now the wasps or whatever that are living in there have decided to go ahead and fuck with me.

Perturbed just ain't cutting it currently.
It could be on.

Go!!
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 7:30:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But didn't you enjoy that two day cold snap of 108??  
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 7:31:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Sorry OP, you just need to make the best of it.  Wife and I both WFH so we just climb in the pool on our farm.
Cold beers and classic rock on the outside speaker make the heat bearable.

Attachment Attached File

Just a nice August day in SWOK

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 7:31:04 PM EDT
[#40]
I thought Texans only bitched about the cold.

This is like me bitching about the snow
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 7:36:48 PM EDT
[#41]
if i was young and lived in arizona or texas, i would be looking at having some sort of underground house built.  like they do in parts of australia. my guess is the current trend for hotter summers is only going to continue and possibly get hotter. i can deal with close to 100 with high humidity. it helps if i exercise a bit when its hot outside, either walking or riding a bike. part of the solution is to drink lots of gatoraid.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 7:43:15 PM EDT
[#42]
I laugh when people who work indoors bitch about the heat.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 7:45:53 PM EDT
[#43]
It was 100 here yesterday is right at what the maximum is and is rare. It dropped 20 degrees in 30 minutes when it rained really hard. Of course the humidity was then 95%. In MS.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 7:46:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 7:51:21 PM EDT
[#45]

The Az Repugnant!
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 7:53:53 PM EDT
[#46]

Flew into Denver in 1992 in a 737. I was bound for Houston next. It was 100 that day. Becuse of the heat and elevation they couldn't load on a full fuel load and take off. So we took off and landed in OK city and took on more fuel then off to Houson.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 7:55:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
mountain-dweller master race checking in...
View Quote

lol, I live in the mountains of North Idaho and it's hot as fuck this summer.

Anything over 100 sucks balls.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 7:59:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 8:00:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The Az Repugnant!
View Quote

only 35 cents!
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 8:00:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I had my first heat related incident today. Had to stop and go home. I got real light headed and my hands felt bizarre. Never happened before.
View Quote

You need to cutback a bit on the booze.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top