Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2021 9:11:04 PM EDT
This mutt just turned 10. I'm green lighting a lipoma surgery next week because it is pushing his front leg out and starting to cause him issues. Dickhead better be able to go hunting with me the next couple of years!

Link Posted: 8/19/2021 9:22:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Happy Birthday, Dickhead.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 10:23:24 PM EDT
[#2]
He looks like a good boy
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 10:34:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Hope the surgery goes well!
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 10:55:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Good luck dickhead
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 11:29:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Had a dog I called Fuckhead. Since we put the dogs names on the rear door of our marked units, the Chief said to use his “real” name. Told him the new dogs real name (imported dog). He asked what it meant. “Executioner”. He just shook his head and walked off. Hahaha
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 11:39:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This mutt just turned 10. I'm green lighting a lipoma surgery next week because it is pushing his front leg out and starting to cause him issues. Dickhead better be able to go hunting with me the next couple of years!

https://i.ibb.co/gmBNWxF/797-CA486-AFDD-41-B7-98-
B1-1352-BB2-A4840-1.jpg
View Quote

Thread would get more visits if you changed the title…
Like “ Hope the doctor can fix my d-head”
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 11:55:53 PM EDT
[#7]
10 yrs? Give him a hug & count your blessings. I get to put my Gr. Pyrenees down tomorrow thanks to rapidly metastasizing osteosarcoma.
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 12:02:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
10 yrs? Give him a hug & count your blessings. I get to put my Gr. Pyrenees down tomorrow thanks to rapidly metastasizing osteosarcoma.
View Quote

Sad. Sorry to hear. Great dogs.
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 4:56:53 AM EDT
[#9]

After his third acl surgery we called him “Bentley” because he cost as much as one.

After his stem cell treatment we called him “beach house.”

Worth every penny.

(No, it didn’t actually cost as much as a Bentley and a beach house.)

See you soon, big guy.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 10:02:22 AM EDT
[#10]
LOL...his name is not D-head....I'm calling him one for having bad genes and costing me a new rifle with glass.
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 10:26:42 AM EDT
[#11]
He's a cute dickhead.

I'd spend the money on him too.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 6:08:01 PM EDT
[#12]

My big boy is home. Post surgery recovery pic.... Still drunk on the anaesthesia.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 11:44:42 AM EDT
[#13]
He's hurting. He whimpers quite a bit. Keeps laying on his hurt side. Got to flip his his 140 lbs to get him comfortable. $1700 bill yesterday. Like I said, he better make the hunting trip this year since I can't go big pimping spending cheez because of him.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 3:21:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
He's hurting. He whimpers quite a bit. Keeps laying on his hurt side. Got to flip his his 140 lbs to get him comfortable. $1700 bill yesterday. Like I said, he better make the hunting trip this year since I can't go big pimping spending cheez because of him.
View Quote

They're worth every penny.

Only living thing I've ever known that spends 95% of its life waiting for you.  Doesn't scream when you come in late.  Doesn't run up credit card bills.  Just waits for you to come home and be your friend.
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 11:30:40 AM EDT
[#15]
GOOD MAN! (and good Pup!)

Like Dogsplat said: "WORTH EVERY PENNEY!"

We've had Beagles lo these 54 years of marriage, and the last SPEC OPS Surgery to "Old Millie," cost more than cars that I've bought. Had to maxx out 2-3 CC at the specialty K9 surgeon.

Was it worth it?

HELL YES!

what good are some green slips 'o paper or digits in a bank account if ya can't share JOY?

Link Posted: 8/29/2021 9:40:53 PM EDT
[#16]
I wish I had a surgical option.

As I type this my nine year old German Wire Hair is sitting at the University of Florida's animal clinic with what looks like a no-options cancer diagnosis.

I'm a destroyed man right now... she's been the sweetest dog I've owned in my 60 years on this earth.

I'm sure tomorrow I will have to make the official decision... I'm sure I will manage to get through it. Her memory will no doubt stay with me, daily, until the end of my days.

I've not felt pain this intense since the passing of my father in 2003.

Link Posted: 9/9/2021 7:36:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I wish I had a surgical option.

As I type this my nine year old German Wire Hair is sitting at the University of Florida's animal clinic with what looks like a no-options cancer diagnosis.

I'm a destroyed man right now... she's been the sweetest dog I've owned in my 60 years on this earth.

I'm sure tomorrow I will have to make the official decision... I'm sure I will manage to get through it. Her memory will no doubt stay with me, daily, until the end of my days.

I've not felt pain this intense since the passing of my father in 2003.

View Quote

@Bowhntr6pt

Sorry man. Dogs definitely don't live long enough but it means that we get to enjoy more of them throughout our lives.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 7:59:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

@Bowhntr6pt

Sorry man. Dogs definitely don't live long enough but it means that we get to enjoy more of them throughout our lives.
View Quote

@urbanredneck

Thanks!

Great news, turns out CT Scan and tests showed no cancer after all.

Pancreatitis is a MF'er... damn near killed her. She is home now and doing quite well.

$5,905.05 was the damage, plus $1,900.00 at my local Vet... I honestly don't care... just glad to have my girl back.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 9:14:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

@Bowhntr6pt

View Quote

OOOOFFFFFF
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 3:24:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Hope fleabag dickhead has a good prognosis
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 5:23:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Recovery went well. Acting like his old self and walking with a normal gate again.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top