Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2021 7:44:08 AM EDT
I've posted of experiences before.
I don't get a bad vibe from our home never have.
But I have experiences here..which I dislike,  not as a fear or anything like that, but I try and zone out most. Guess that's why I drink...lol.
Anyway.
Week or so after getting out of the hospital ( was in 26 days or so for covid).
I had one that was different ( ish).

Few years ago, our cat( wife's really) died.( old like 21 yrs )
Found her under the house...under our room. That night she died...I came out from a 3am piss to see the cat curled up next to my wife and pillow. In thevAM is when I found her under the house( never came out for food).

Fast forward.
I had a dog. Our 1st as a family.  Midnight,  an Aussie shep we rescued. Got her in a time where I was having it rough. Bad anxiety and the probably depression.  She was abused..and skittish around me. On a day off from work  said fuck it...loaded us up and went hiking alone.1st for me in over 2 years...
After that it was me and Midnight.  Jogging, hiking,  etc. She was close to my wife kid...but not like me.
Well she got old....duh. hikes got shorter...naps longer...getting to the tree to run a squirrel took longer. But she was always up for a cuddle laying next to me ..chin on my lap..on our last few hikes you could tell...her mind and heart said let's keep going..but her body couldn't,  it was hard on me.
One day...hone alone with her...I heard her bark funny from the porch...the next 3 to 4 hours of my life were a a hell for me.
Better me than the wife I told myself.

Anyway. Back to the week after my covid fucking.
To be honest..I'm struggling with some anxiety/I dunno what from my covid fucking...call it whatever,  I don't like it.

So to the point of this..
I'm laying there...as I was on hospital time( woken every 2 hours for vitals) it's like 230, 3am.
I start smelling " old" dog., Midnight was having bladder issues and well...she had that musty old dog thing going lol.
I'm thinking, I'm haven't smelled that in months...wtf...
I was on my side trying to sleep...I feel a dog jump on the bed...she would never just jump up, at the end we had stairs for her. So like a double jump...then plop...like she would up against my legs
I laid there for a second...I could feel the weight against me, I pushed my legs out and felt resistance..I sat up right fucking fast....nothing....smell faded.

2 weeks before my uncle passed I had similar..same area of bed...like a person sitting down...a silhouette /shape of my grandmother, his mom was sitting there..vanish just as fast.

Anyways...had to vent,talk per say..
But also 1st time out of all my experiences that " smell" was involved...

Just cuz

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/12/2021 9:02:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Stress?

Anyways, beautiful dag.  My parents had one.  My dad had gone to pick up my step mom on a foul -20 or 30f winter day with a bad storm rolling in.  She didn’t like to drive back up the mountain from the city in those storms.  She worked for a drug company in the warehouse, in the warehouse district.  They found a puppy that had been dumped off.  It never would have survived the night.  They weren’t looking for a dog but Sam was the best dog they ever had.  Sam looked a lot like your pup.  

My am I going nuts thing the last couple of years.   Smell related memories.  Both smelling something for real that triggers a memory from thirty or more years ago or just imagining smelling a scent that isn’t there but triggers memories.  Things like like when I was about 8 and hopped up on the counter and pulled out all the McCormick liquid food flavoring extracts my mom had stashed, pineapple, lemon, orange, rum etc.  

Another kitchen related smell,...we had a skinny cupboard that was under the counter that had a shelf with the first aid stuff. It smelled heavily of bandaids and tincture of merthiolate.

The smell of sheer curtains on a damp humid day,.... in our house they stank of cigarette smoke when the humidity was up.  I will smell that for a second although I don’t think there has ever been a cigarette smoked in my current home.

It makes me question if I have a brain tumor that triggers these smell related memories.  

Link Posted: 7/12/2021 9:14:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Your story is along the same lines of many people who have called into Art Bell's show.  Some of us are more sensitive to stuff like that, most of us aren't.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 9:25:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh I'm stressed lol.
About work ( docs ain't released me).
Health. Future....
You know...life

But being isolated that long..and riding that edge of going under or getting home I think took its toll on me.
My texts to my wife I that I re read a week or so after getting home kinda shook me a tad...I could tell looking back I was slipping up.

But..my nurses were great.....
And I went from
This
...modern Lazarus...
Attachment Attached File

To a sweaty..weak...guy who says " it's been a month since I was released...."
Let's hike in 89f and 90% FL weather as part of my walking PT

So fuck covid again...lol.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/12/2021 9:28:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your story is along the same lines of many people who have called into Art Bell's show.  Some of us are more sensitive to stuff like that, most of us aren't.
View Quote
Yeah..I've had a bunch of experiences...from. sightings to events like above to dejavu ( sp)..Posted many here.

Good or bad.....it is what it is.

Shortly after my wife had a dream...that was funky as fuvk and Midnight was there.....so who knows...
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 10:35:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Sorry about your old dog.
I think our minds are very powerful and when we need it they can bring back memories of our pets to "visit" us.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 12:59:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a beagle many years ago.  He picked me as much as I picked him, he came from a little that out older beagles had. Such a good boy. And a pretty good hunter.  Never ran out too far.  

The night after he was put to sleep, I am sure he came to my room and jumped on my bed.  I heard the tags on his collar jingling and the pressure when he jumped on the bed. Then he went away.  Said his goodbyes - or so long, I hope.
He really was one of those once in a lifetime best buddy  dogs

And that’s the only “ghost” thing that’s I know of ever happening to me
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 6:58:19 PM EDT
[#7]
When I was about 3 1/2 (I can remember very early childhood) I went into my parents bedroom and climbed into bed on my mother's side. It must have been a Saturday or Sunday morning because my father was sleeping in. It was sunny with very bright sunshine coming in the windows.

Through the door on my side of the bed came a fairly large dog with a long, reddish brown coat, followed by a pup about half it's (her) size that was exactly like the larger dog. They almost seemed to have a glow about them and the larger (mother) dog had her head held high and was clearly proud of the pup. I got this distinct impression despite my young age. I raised up in bed and watched them go around the foot of the bed to my father's side. They never came back around the bed.

When I told my mother about the dogs, she got very quiet and thoughtful then explained that they had the mother dog either before I was born or shortly thereafter and that she was run over by a Shreveport trolly car. She said that they had been told that she had a pup that had died or had been killed a couple of years before.

In 2008, my German Shepherd, Fritz had to be put down at 12 1/2 yrs. I held him until he took his last breath. I cried like a baby.
I don't remember if it was days or weeks late, Fritz came to me in a vivid dream. He looked young, healthy and happy and seemed to express thanks,  dad, I'm fine. He was gone after several seconds. I had hoped he would come.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 2:20:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I've smelled mine before while lying in bed . It was strange but I wasn't sleeping and it was so strange I got up and turned the light on .

My Husky was still sleeping in his bed in the corner of my bedroom so not sure what to make of it but it only happened this one time.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:49:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I lost one of my 2 dachshunds last year. We got then in 2005 - brothers - the last 2 in the liter. Bosch was mine and Baron is my wife's.

Late 2019, Bosch started sleeping a lot more, started losing weight. Early 2020 he stopped eating and drinking. And after some very tearful nights holding him, trying to coax him to eat... it was time. He had gone days with no food or water and was suffering and I knew what I had to do. It was awful, one of the worst experiences of my life.

When we brought him in to the vet, he knew. They gave us some time. My wife and I were crying. He struggled over to my wife and cuddled up next to her, then came over to me and licked me on my cheek, then laid down. He knew it was time.

The vet came in, and it was quick. He was gone. My poor Bosch.

To this day, I hear him. Not every day, but when I'm sitting up in the front of my house working, I'll hear his nails clicking on the floor. Coming to check on me. We called him site supervisor because he was so nosy. So I hear the nails clicking on the floor and I think it's his brother, Baron. I'll get up to check on him because he's pretty old too. Only to find Baron sleeping in bed.

I guess it's Bosch's way of letting me know he's still watching and he's OK.

Gotta go wipe my eyes out. It's dusty in here.
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 12:38:25 PM EDT
[#10]
My dog Sammy died in 2017 of cancer.  He was 9.  I knew the vet and she came to my house when it was time.  Nothing worse than putting your friend down.  

I haven't seen any presence at all.  I hope I do sometime.  Miss my bud.  

Link Posted: 8/7/2021 12:17:42 AM EDT
[#11]
My old Boston Terrier, Dozer, passed on last November at 18. He was my bestest little buddy in the whole world. He loved to go fishing, play in his kiddie pool, go for car rides, and just cuddle with his daddy.

I often dream about him, and that's normal. But sometimes he shows up with my Mom, and those dreams are different. I can't quite put my finger on it. But I'll be somewhere I've never been before, and I'll hear my Mom's voice, and there she is with Dozer. I can never recall what she'd say or if she said anything at all, but there she is with my little buddy. I think she's looking after him, and after me, and sometimes she just shows up to let me know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top