Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2024 6:41:13 PM EDT
My teenager is interested in learning and experimenting with AI, and he has a birthday coming up, so I am considering upgrading his PC for him.

What kinds of things can he do with local AI?

What kind of hardware would be worth getting? He currently has a Threadripper Pro with 128GB (I think) of RAM and a 1650 GPU.

He likes to tinker with a lot of Raspberry Pi-based projects, SD-Radio and CCTV. He's also really into photography. He seems pretty proficient in python, as that's what he uses for his Rpi stuff.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 6:53:01 PM EDT
[#1]
This might be the perfect gadget to get him. Its programmable in python on the raspberry pi for image and video recognition.

Amazon Product
  • A USB accessory that brings machine learning inferencing to existing systems. Works with Raspberry Pi and other Linux systems

Link Posted: 2/29/2024 2:43:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Flockas] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Foxxz:
This might be the perfect gadget to get him. Its programmable in python on the raspberry pi for image and video recognition.

www.amazon.com/dp/B07S214S5Y
View Quote

Thanks for the input. He has at least one of those. He used it for some kind of RC car thing. It was pretty cool. He could tell it to "follow dad around the house" and it would would work pretty well most of the time.

I'd have to imagine that a powerful GPU would unlock a whole new realm of possibilities - I just don't know what those possibilities are
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top