User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:55:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is such depressing reading is this what I've got to look forward to in my future?  I'm a month off 75 and don't seem to have any of those serious problems all of you are posting. I admit to the odd ache, being slightly overweight and not as fit as my much younger self but on no medication.
View Quote
Cheer up, if you are only 75 and problem free, the worst is ahead of you.

Keep chuggin'.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:55:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:07:09 PM EDT
[#3]
F*cking bifocals
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:13:16 PM EDT
[#4]
where do we start?

Vison goes downhill. Can't see shit in the dark.
Hemorrhoids
Arthritis in knees and back
Middle aged gut, even with exercise and so so diet lol
enlarged prostate that causes me to piss around 0500 every morning.

I'm 49, and sure it will get sooo much better.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:22:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Apparently injuring yourself in your sleep is a thing...
View Quote

Doctor's appointment next Tuesday to see if I need surgery for my sleeping injury
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:25:43 PM EDT
[#6]
They never told me that a coalition of communists, faggots and people who don't know what sex they are would take over the former United States.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:22:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

@Libertas

Thanks! I'm as good as I can be. I'm in my 4th month of a clinical trial. I fly to Boston every month and spend about 3-4 days there each time.

The BIG day is coming on May 3. That's where I enter into the open label portion of the clinical trial and I am guaranteed 100% that I will be getting active drug instead of placebo. I will continue on active drug until the drug gets pulled or approved.

I'm pretty sure I am getting placebo. Nobody has told me that... just a hunch. May 3 can't come soon enough
View Quote
Great News!  Come on May 3rd!  
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:55:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
When I was young I could piss the bark off a tree.  Now sometimes I'm lucky to get it past my toes on the last dribbles.
View Quote

Yep.

All them young bastards showing off with that loud waterfall in the bathroom....
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 12:00:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 3:54:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
F*cking bifocals
View Quote

I just got trifocals.

I've got 2 pair of "walking shoes".
Used to be all of my shoes were walking shoes.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 4:21:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Gout , constantly trying to control gout
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 5:20:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Everything hurts.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 6:03:24 AM EDT
[#13]
The patients to sit through 6 pages to see if there is something new that you have not dealt with yet.

The impatiens to sit and read through 6 pages and not reading it because of six pages.

And then there are the clouds, the Clouds, the CLOUDS.

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 6:17:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Aches, pains but the one I like is people purposely talking

louder even if you can hear them and nurses when talking call

you honey.

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 6:51:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Seeing as your Friends and Family passes away and leave fucked up wills and trusts.

The infighting over stupid shit like what is the best coffin to be buried in. That color sucks, or they wanted to be buried in Grandma's SuperGirl cape. Bury Grandma with a 20,000.00 dollar wedding ring and wondering if the gravediggers will open the box. 5 years after Grandma dies Little Great Grand Niece Tiffinee wants to get married with Grandma's ring and files a petition and go to court to have coffin exhumed, opened.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 7:07:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Trying to stay relevant in a world that doesn't give a shit what you've done ,seen,accomplished,etc.  Nobody cares , if you can't produce then you don't matter. Some exceptions but that is the general  impression I get. Cue the Boomer jokes. Respect your elders wisdom? My ass.
View Quote

All above is true.
I'm 52 and I tell myself to remember this and accept it because my day is coming.
I don't think it'll be a big deal since I've never cared if I was heard.
I think that if you are over 60, thanks to technology, there's a generational gulf that you cannot overcome and you probably don't even know it.
Much of what you know or did is irrelevant or growing more so daily.
My 75 year old, 140 pound dad was irritated the other day when a young buck wasn't excited to hear his work out advice....

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 7:59:44 AM EDT
[#17]
48 and feeling great. Except for eyes, bunion, old knee injury.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 8:36:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Being 31 the most surprising thing is how much my health has declined from my 20s. I thought this was something I didn't have to think about until I was much older.
View Quote

The decline from 34 to 37 has been rather distressing. 60-80hrs a week since I was 21 has caught up to me hard.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:02:05 AM EDT
[#19]
How many of these posts were made while sitting in the Country Biscuit at 6am?
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:15:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Exercise is the answer when possible, staying active is very important. I do exercise on a daily basis, bicycle  riding, playing paddle ball, lifting, that has helped up to now. Just my to cents.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:20:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
That when you think you are done pissing, wait 15 seconds or so, 'cuz you ain't.
View Quote

This right here.

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:39:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Calling the EMT's to bring the jaws of life to help pry a 10 pound bowling ball out of your ass.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:34:46 AM EDT
[#23]
The vitreous detached in my right eye when I was 17 and left a floater for about a week. The eye doc said retinal detachment was unlikely, but he lasered around the hole where the plug tore from, just in case. (Plugs torn out from the retinal wall are the "floaters" that one sees.)

That's why I wasn't able to join the military, "History of retinal detachment."

It never detached though. Never had another floater or anything.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:51:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Sounds like you've got some good DNA going for you.  

I will be shocked and thrilled if I manage to live to 75.  
View Quote
You should try for 87.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:58:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
As you age the global IQ seems to drop.
View Quote

It's just that as you get older you become more wise. As a result idiots stand out more.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:15:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Am I on page one?
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:47:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Am I on page one?
View Quote
It's probably page one somewhere in the world.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:48:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I have always said that if you have to exercise to keep from getting fat you are eating too much, but that turned out to be a very unpopular opinion.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm of the opinion that it's mostly just what I eat (or rather, don't eat). I seriously doubt the exercise I do really accounts for much, weight-wise. I just do it because it makes me feel better. I figure the weight part just sorts itself out. I'm in it for the general fitness.

If you're working out hard at the gym, I wonder if you're just plain working up an appetite and eating more than you realize (and eating less than great when you do). I find myself hungrier after I've been super active. Which makes sense, intuitively.

I have always said that if you have to exercise to keep from getting fat you are eating too much, but that turned out to be a very unpopular opinion.

That is a lesson I finally learned last year.

"You lose weight in the kitchen and get in shape in the gym."
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 4:19:49 PM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 6:58:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Being 31 the most surprising thing is how much my health has declined from my 20s. I thought this was something I didn't have to think about until I was much older.
View Quote

Dude, you're doing it wrong. That stuff shouldn't start until you're in your 40s or even 50s.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top