Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:34:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Five Guys uses fresh fries and they've got it figured out. Cut them thicker and fry them twice.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:38:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Next time ask for the fries done light well, I add salt and pepper and they are perfect
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:41:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I wish we had in n out up here
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:42:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dude, don’t move out west and then complain about all of the stuff we do or like. That’s what drives us all nuts about the people from “back east.”
View Quote

In and Out sucks.

Always burnt and saltier than my old combat boots
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:46:28 AM EDT
[#5]
In n Out fries are piles of hot garbage. And the burgers are mediocre.

I'd rather eat at Wendie's.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:47:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't get the hate for their fries. They're the freshest, most natural tasting fries you can get out of any chain. I think they're great.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:49:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Five Guys uses fresh fries and they've got it figured out. Cut them thicker and fry them twice.
View Quote

Does anyone know why they pile on that much? I've asked them not to, so they take as a challenge and throw in even more

So now I just go and get a double and no fries with sweet tea.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:51:34 AM EDT
[#8]
I still want to try Cook Out.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 2:16:31 AM EDT
[#9]
I make awesome fresh cut fries using a outdoor propane cooker.  Five guys can be good if you ask them to make them well done and they do it.  In-N-Out fries have been a letdown every time I've had them.  I thought maybe it was a bad example the first time but every other time they were consistently bland with terrible texture
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 6:17:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If all you are used to are frozen MSG laden fries from McDonald's or Burger King, then of course you're not gonna think In-N-Out fries are good. You need to reset your culinary appreciation.
View Quote
Fries are twice cooked to develop proper texture.   In n out fries are trash.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 6:20:28 AM EDT
[#11]
It's the chemical processing of your potato products that you've become used to eating.

In-n-Out uses the same recipe that my grand-mother used for French fries, potatoes and hot oil.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 6:33:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Complete and utter horseshit. Every other restaurant on the god damn planet that makes fresh cut fries out of nothing but potato absolutely fist-fucks In-N-Out fries to death. They're garbage, they don't taste good, they don't have a good texture, and they're unfit for human consumption. I don't know how it's possible to fuck up the process of slicing a potato and frying it in oil, but In-N-Out not only found a way but has perfected it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In-n-Out fries are disgusting.

The burgers are okay.

If all you are used to are frozen MSG laden fries from McDonald’s or Burger King, then of course you’re not gonna think In-N-Out fries are good. You need to reset your culinary appreciation.

Quoted:
Quoted:
People are used to trash frozen fries.

When they have real fries like in and out fries, they are shocked.

yep. the people have forgotten what fried potatoes actually taste like.

Complete and utter horseshit. Every other restaurant on the god damn planet that makes fresh cut fries out of nothing but potato absolutely fist-fucks In-N-Out fries to death. They're garbage, they don't taste good, they don't have a good texture, and they're unfit for human consumption. I don't know how it's possible to fuck up the process of slicing a potato and frying it in oil, but In-N-Out not only found a way but has perfected it.

This. My wife makes homemade fries once in a while. It’s time consuming to do it right. She soaks them in cold water for a while and fries them twice.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 6:39:47 AM EDT
[#13]
In and Out fries suck ass. Soggy, floppy, little ass even when topped when random shit from the kitchen.

But their burgers and shakes rock.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 6:51:03 AM EDT
[#14]
The fries and In n out do indeed suck.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 7:12:35 AM EDT
[#15]
yep-- ate there a while back

undercooked fries...blech...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top