Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2019 12:08:39 PM EDT
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elections-2020/they-voted-democratic-now-they-support-trump/ar-BBXnsto

Yet success in the midterms might not mean as much for Democratic presidential candidates as the party might think. Nearly two-thirds of voters in six battleground states who voted for President Trump in 2016  but for Democratic congressional candidates in 2018  say they intend to back the president against each of his top rivals, according to recent polling by The New York Times Upshot/Siena College.

The results suggest that the party's winning formula in last year's midterms may not be so easy to replicate in a presidential election. The Democrats' relatively moderate House candidates succeeded in large part by flipping a crucial segment of voters who backed the president in 2016. If these voters remain open-minded again in 2020, Democrats will have a ready-made blueprint for winning back the crucial Rust Belt battlegrounds.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 1:13:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Not all that hard to believe.  Historically, incumbent Presidents are hard to beat.  Incumbent Presidents with a smoking hot economy are really hard to beat.  Add that to the fact that the left has nobody worth voting for, they are going to have a tough time beating Trump.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 1:47:19 PM EDT
[#2]
At this point I care more about who wins State elections then I do the presidency.  Its the states where we are now losing.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 1:53:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
At this point I care more about who wins State elections then I do the presidency.  Its the states where we are now losing.
View Quote
Need a president and senate to keep seating constitutional justices to SCOTUS and circuit courts to help keep the states in line.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 2:03:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Hell, even W won a second term.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 2:14:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Need a president and senate to keep seating constitutional justices to SCOTUS and circuit courts to help keep the states in line.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This. The courts are absolutely key.

-K
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 2:14:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
The most important thing.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 2:16:34 PM EDT
[#7]
These things happen when all potential challengers are clearly insane.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 2:18:21 PM EDT
[#8]
No mention of the 30 Republicans who retired and gave away the house.   Not the dems "winning formula".
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 2:19:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 2:34:13 PM EDT
[#10]
The reality is while they did retake the House, the Democrat's performance in the 2018 midterm election was historically weak.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 2:42:59 PM EDT
[#11]
and it's not even really about having Michelle as President, it's about backdooring Barack Obama into a 3rd term.  She won't set policy or take action without discussing it with him first; she's not a Hillary who wants to distance herself from her husband and make her own accomplishments, sink or swim.  Barack Obama would be influencing policy and execution in every way. He would effectively be President again in all but name.  Hell, Michelle would make him Chief of Staff just so Congress has to deal directly with him to get access to her, AND Press Secretary just so the nation has to see his Chicago Jesus on the TV all the goddamn time...
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 2:43:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:  No mention of the 30 Republicans who retired and gave away the house.   Not the dems "winning formula".
View Quote
House members tend to retire when it's no longer clear they can win the next one.  That way they get to keep their campaign fund instead of blowing it in a futile run.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 2:46:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
House members tend to retire when it's no longer clear they can win the next one.  That way they get to keep their campaign fund instead of blowing it in a futile run.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  No mention of the 30 Republicans who retired and gave away the house.   Not the dems "winning formula".
It didn't help many of them were swamp creators and everyone knew it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 2:55:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Really surprised the editors allowed that piece to be run.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 2:58:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Hell, even W won a second term.
View Quote
W was part of the Swamp and it was his turn.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 3:01:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
They want to make Republicans confident and hope it results in a lower voter turn out.

Did we not learn our lesson in 2016 with Hillary??
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 3:05:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
W was part of the Swamp and it was his turn.
View Quote
This right here is part of the revolt problem. It wasn’t Trump’s turn to be President.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 3:16:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

-K
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-K
Yep, the courts get the honor of being the last to fuck us!

Can someone remind me of the last time the courts ruled in favor of gun rights and the decision survived all appeals?
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 3:18:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

and it's not even really about having Michelle as President, it's about backdooring Barack Obama into a 3rd term.  She won't set policy or take action without discussing it with him first; she's not a Hillary who wants to distance herself from her husband and make her own accomplishments, sink or swim.  Barack Obama would be influencing policy and execution in every way. He would effectively be President again in all but name.  Hell, Michelle would make him Chief of Staff just so Congress has to deal directly with him to get access to her, AND Press Secretary just so the nation has to see his Chicago Jesus on the TV all the goddamn time...
View Quote
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cylvia_Hayes
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 3:31:07 PM EDT
[#20]
The party of tolerance and acceptance is really good at shouting anyone who doesn't agree with them straight back into the closet...

...too bad they haven't figured out that closet is a polling booth
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 3:37:22 PM EDT
[#21]
But W`s  dad lost to Willie.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 3:42:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Not all that hard to believe.  Historically, incumbent Presidents are hard to beat.  Incumbent Presidents with a smoking hot economy are really hard to beat.  Add that to the fact that the left has nobody worth voting for, they are going to have a tough time beating Trump.
View Quote
It’s my opinion that the incumbent is hard to beat because a very large portion of the population are ignorant cunts. They vote simply on name recognition.

It’s a theory I’m working on.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 3:46:41 PM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cylvia_Hayes
Damn, that lady is a trainwreck.  The term "rolling ball of butcher knives" comes to mind.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 3:54:56 PM EDT
[#24]
My favorite thing I saw was this guy in Boston being asked about Warren and he  said "I supported her for Senate because I'm a union worker and we are a Democrat family but I don't like her policies so as far as being President I can't vote for her".

Jesus Christ
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 3:56:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
They used to be able to transfer unused campaign fund to their personal accounts for personal use, but that's no longer legal.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/markets/042716/what-happens-campaign-funds-after-elections.asp
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 4:16:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Its the economy stupid.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 4:19:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Hahaha no.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 4:27:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

-K
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-K
Meh, the Swamp will get re-elected. They have a shit ton of sheep following and voting for them. Nothing will change
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 4:36:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Hahaha no.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Hahaha no.
You are correct.  Michelle is an extremely unlikeable person.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 6:56:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Dems retook the House because the Republicans retired en mass.  Not because of brilliant strategy by the DNC.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 7:04:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
If they lower expectations now, maybe their readers won't react so badly they taint the next election as well.

All the fits and crying after Hillary lost pretty much set the tone for the rest of the decade.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 7:07:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
My favorite thing I saw was this guy in Boston being asked about Warren and he  said "I supported her for Senate because I'm a union worker and we are a Democrat family but I don't like her policies so as far as being President I can't vote for her".

Jesus Christ
View Quote
Don't forget Perot.  Clinton got 43% of the vote.

Link Posted: 11/27/2019 7:08:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Muh States Rahts. Is what will do us in. State citizens are allowed to vote their freedom away.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 7:15:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hahaha no.
Michael doesn't want the job.  He hated it in the White House.  Plus, Obama found other boy friends.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 7:15:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

https://www.historycentral.com/elections/1992pop.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus Christ

https://www.historycentral.com/elections/1992pop.jpg
Yeah.  Perot stole from both sides.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 7:18:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Trump won each of those states by less than 1% of the vote.  If 1/3 of those riding the fence don't vote for Trump again then Trump is done.  Trump will need everything to go in his favor on the economy, unemployment, stock market, interest rates, trade war, tariffs, terrorist attacks, mass shootings...etc. for him to win with solid margins.  I think it is possible but it is not going to be easy.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 7:28:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Which tends to scare me about AOC.
What happens when (Please God) she is defeated

Is she going to stick around in the media spotlight for eons on end or disappear?

I'm of the opinion that she's going to be like the exploded ordnance from World War I and the blockbuster bombs from World War II.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 7:37:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yep.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 8:16:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
He lost because he fucked us. I left the Republican party because of his import ban
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 8:25:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Which tends to scare me about AOC.
What happens when (Please God) she is defeated

Is she going to stick around in the media spotlight for eons on end or disappear?

I'm of the opinion that she's going to be like the exploded ordnance from World War I and the blockbuster bombs from World War II.
https://i.postimg.cc/NjZ5fhJH/mouse.gif
View Quote
NY is slated to lose several house seats due to the census. Guess what thorn in the butt freshman Rep will be redistricted away when they redraw those lines?
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 8:26:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
YES!
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 8:32:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Can someone remind me of the last time the courts ruled in favor of gun rights and the decision survived all appeals?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-K

It boils down to who the sitting justices are (upper and lower).

Don't focus on the past.  As long as Trump is in office, we have an opportunity going forward to stack the courts (upper and lower) in our favor.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 8:34:52 PM EDT
[#43]
I read an article the other day where they were interviewing democrat voters in the battleground states, and about half of them were pissed off at their D reps wasting time on the impeachment.  
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 10:27:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Or when they are term limited on running their committees and have to go back to being a regular Congress critter.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 10:29:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Expect the demonshits to literally destroy the economy any way they can.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 11:55:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It’s my opinion that the incumbent is hard to beat because a very large portion of the population are ignorant cunts. They vote simply on name recognition.

It’s a theory I’m working on.
View Quote
Well in my opinion it’s a pretty sound theory, how else could all these dumb fucks be voted into office year after year. Lazy stupid voters will be our downfall. Correction, has caused.
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 12:02:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
No mention of the 30 Republicans who retired and gave away the house.   Not the dems "winning formula".
View Quote
Yep. Couple that with the RNC just surrendering everywhere they could and halfheartedly, if that, backing any Trump endorsed candidates while the DNC/Soros apparatus was in absolute attack mode and the outcome wasn't a surprise.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top