Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/14/2019 11:35:12 PM EDT
So I found out that apparently it's up to each store manager how they want to enforce it for the time being.. one of the night managers told me that at least with the local store as long as they are not bothering anyone they don't care.

Also there is a legal issue because there are no signs posted on the front of stores yet and I emphasize yet. So if they try to make you leave you can say it's harassment.

This whole policy has turned the corporation on its head and they really have no idea how to follow through with this.
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 11:39:20 PM EDT
[#1]
No signs on my local store, which I have not been in since the announcement.  But verbal notice is as good as a sign here.  And now if you did not see the sign and are asked to leave and do so, there are no charges.

Walmart can still suck it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 11:39:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Fuck wal mart
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 11:41:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Wouldn't shop at Chinamart if you paid me. Screw them and their anti gun policies.
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 11:56:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Why the hell are you guys looking for loopholes to still shop there?!?!  Stop giving them your money, they are using it to press congress for an awb
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 11:57:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So I found out that apparently it's up to each store manager how they want to enforce it for the time being.. one of the night managers told me that at least with the local store as long as they are not bothering anyone they don't care.

Also there is a legal issue because there are no signs posted on the front of stores yet and I emphasize yet. So if they try to make you leave you can say it's harassment.

This whole policy has turned the corporation on its head and they really have no idea how to follow through with this.
View Quote
Lol

A private property owner doesn't need a sign to ask you to leave.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 12:02:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's not harassment if they ask you to leave. Any employee can ask you to leave, and if you don't then you're going to get loved tenderly by the police, and rightfully so considering it's private property.

They can ask you to leave for any reason, cause this is still America (for the time being).
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 12:04:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Doesn’t matter in WA. They can ASK you to leave but if you tell them to kick rocks they can’t throw you outnumbered state law
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 12:06:53 AM EDT
[#8]
The open carry issue doesn't bother me at all. Their push for an AWB, however, has ensured that I will never enter one.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 12:08:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Wally World..
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 12:12:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's not harassment if they ask you to leave. Any employee can ask you to leave, and if you don't then you're going to get loved tenderly by the police, and rightfully so considering it's private property.

They can ask you to leave for any reason, cause this is still America (for the time being).
View Quote
Not any reason.

"Excuse me Sir, homosexuals are not welcome at Walmart.  You need to leave now."

"Excuse me Sir, transsexuals are not welcome at Walmart.  You need to leave now."

"Excuse me Sir, Mormons are not welcome at Walmart.  You need to leave now."

"Excuse me Sir, persons of color are not welcome at Walmart.  You need to leave now."
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 12:12:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Meh.....

Bitch shit the bed.

No further attention would be wise.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 12:31:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Lol

View Quote
Can they ask black people to leave? What about gay ones?... Didn't think so... But feel free to sit at the back of the bus.

#2ndClassRights
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 12:31:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The open carry issue doesn't bother me at all. Their push for an AWB, however, has ensured that I will never enter one.
View Quote
It's one thing to protect the bottom line, and object to controversy that scares customers away.
Let's face it, Citiots and burbtards get their panty's in a wad over the smallest goddamn things these days.

The fact that Wal-Mart has chosen a clear side politically, instead of recognizing their base in the small towns they destroyed and took over, is another.

The dipshits went there.
Fuck them, and any POS that enters their doors.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 12:31:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Double post because arfcom is acting up again...
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 12:34:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's one thing to protect the bottom line, and object to controversy that scares customers away.
Let's face it, Citiots and burbtards get their panty's in a wad over the smallest goddamn things these days.

The fact that Wal-Mart has chosen a clear side politically, instead of recognizing their base in the small towns they destroyed and took over, is another.

The dipshits went there.
Fuck them, and any POS that enters their doors.

Deer season is around the corner.
FUDDS are seasonal 2A interested.

Anyone with Wal-Mart in their portfolio, would be wise to shift funds elsewhere.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 12:39:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Why the hell are you guys looking for loopholes to still shop there?!?!  Stop giving them your money, they are using it to press congress for an awb
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 12:47:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
That right there. They have picked a side and it is against our side.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 1:28:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
A lot of it is those open carrying are now trolling walmart to say something to them. I've seen it at least 4 times in the last week.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 1:40:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Yet one guy got a lifetime ban to all Wal-Marts.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 1:44:12 AM EDT
[#20]
I've never open carried out in public before while shopping.

I'm going to Walmart tomorrow(well later today since it's almost 2 am now) to see if there are any signs up about it.

If there aren't then I'm gonna open carry there, G19 right hip.

I'm seriously considering open carrying often from now on.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 3:12:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Wal-Mart is a publicly owned company.  If I'm a shareholder how would I be trespassing I would literally own a percentage of the store.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 3:28:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Fuck wal mart
View Quote
Yup. Pretty much this.

I’ve spent my last dime there. The Port Clinton Ohio store was great.  Both batteries in my sailboat came from there. My tires on the Jeep Patriot too. Lots of fishing gear sold there too.

Oh well, they told me my money is no good.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 3:31:48 AM EDT
[#23]
This way at some Walwarts, this way at others. 100% no with my dollars at all of your stores.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 6:10:17 AM EDT
[#24]
The only reason I shopped there was that I could get cheap ammo while I got the other stuff I needed.  Now I have no reason to bother with them.   At least good looking females shop at Target so I have something to gawk at while shopping there.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 6:41:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Like I said in another thread. I highly doubt some minimum wage Walmart worker is going to care enough to do anything. Chances are they'll pretend they didn't see anything and walk the other way.

There might be some over zealous managers with a stick up their ass anyways looking for some confrontation.

But unless their job is at risk I don't see many people going out of their way to enforce something that is otherwise legal and hasn't actually caused any problems.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 7:14:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Ammo is literally the only thng I have bought at walmart in years.

I have no reason to go to walmart ever again.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 7:38:11 AM EDT
[#27]
If they really wanted it to stop, they shouldn’t have made it a polite request.

Gun people tend to be contrarians, and asking them not to do something is like waving a red cape in front of a bull.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 7:41:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually they cant ask you to leave for any reason.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 10:10:03 AM EDT
[#29]
I have always disliked Walmart. I go there less now. Today, SO and I went. I carried OWB, a browning hi power. It is obvious if you know what your'e looking for.  No one got upset, or noticed.  Fuck WM
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 10:17:29 AM EDT
[#30]
“We do not sell military-style rifles, and we believe the reauthorization of the assault weapons ban should be debated to determine its effectiveness in keeping weapons made for war out of the hands of mass murderers,” McMillon said.
View Quote
Stupid cocksuckers that still shop there confuse me.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 10:19:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 10:29:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Just because it isn't signposted doesn't mean they can't ask you to leave.  It's not harassment.  There are all manners of conduct that can get them to ask you to leave, and none of it is signposted.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 10:31:14 AM EDT
[#33]
I don’t shop at Walmart....... so fuck Walmart!
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 10:31:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Not any reason.

"Excuse me Sir, homosexuals are not welcome at Walmart.  You need to leave now."

"Excuse me Sir, transsexuals are not welcome at Walmart.  You need to leave now."

"Excuse me Sir, persons of color are not welcome at Walmart.  You need to leave now."
View Quote
What about -

‘Excuse me Sir, you can’t post that Bernie for Pres sign on the meat cooler’

‘Excuse me Sir, you can’t hold your bible study class in the checkout line.’

‘Excuse me Sir, you can’t pass out your free newspaper in the kids clothing section.’

There are differences between discrimination based on race, religion, and sexual otientation in a business (laws duely passed and implemented limit discrimination) and restrictions of what constitutional rights a private business can impose (“Congress shall make no law...” not “Walmart shall make no corporate policy...”)

However, you still have the ‘right’ to not shop there and the freedom to tell the company why.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 10:36:10 AM EDT
[#35]
eta: oops
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 10:39:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Not any reason.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not any reason.

Link Posted: 9/15/2019 10:40:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
This and prior gun control crap. I'm done with WM.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 10:41:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

What about -

'Excuse me Sir, you can't post that Bernie for Pres sign on the meat cooler'

'Excuse me Sir, you can't hold your bible study class in the checkout line.'

'Excuse me Sir, you can't pass out your free newspaper in the kids clothing section.'

There are differences between discrimination based on race, religion, and sexual otientation in a business (laws duely passed and implemented limit discrimination) and restrictions of what constitutional rights a private business can impose ("Congress shall make no law..." not "Walmart shall make no corporate policy...")

However, you still have the 'right' to not shop there and the freedom to tell the company why.
View Quote
So you don't think discrimination against constitutional rights is equivalent?
The US Constitution was duely passed too.   No?
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 10:45:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The US Constitution was duely passed too.   No?
View Quote
You don't have freedom of speech in a Walmart.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 10:54:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
One is a legal issue, the other is not.  Discrimination is a legal term that applies to the physical attributes of people and not to rights.

Again, CONGRESS shall make no law.  Not WALMART shall make no policy.  I can choose not to shop at Walmart as an individual.  It’s called freedom of association.

Do you think a mosque would allow an orthodox rabbi to hold a sermon on its property?  Hell, no.  Is the mosque violating the rights of the Jews?  No.  Can Congress pass a law requiring mosques to conduct or allow Jewish religious ceremonies?  No.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 10:56:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Wal Mart is the only grocery store in the town nearest me, so yeah, I go there at times. Not driving 30 miles one way for eggs and milk. Oh, well.

People are still openly carrying there. Small town, rural area, economically strapped, no one seems to care about stopping, or even questioning them about their holstered guns. My gun is under my shirt, to each their own.

Wal Mart pays quite a bit more than minimum wage, for the people that keep repeating the "minimum wage Wal Mart employee" mantra. Just words, but the right words are important. Carry on!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 10:58:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Lol

View Quote
In Texas they do need a specific sign to prohibit open or concealed carry. Public access.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 11:07:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Wal-Mart is a publicly owned company.  If I'm a shareholder how would I be trespassing I would literally own a percentage of the store.
View Quote
Publicly owned means shares are sold on the market to the public, which gives shareholders the right to vote for directors and officers for the company, thats it..thats what you own, the right to vote. Their stores are still private property.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 11:15:27 AM EDT
[#44]
Bake that cake.  Marry that transgender couple.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 12:10:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
A lot of it is those open carrying are now trolling walmart to say something to them. I've seen it at least 4 times in the last week.
View Quote
Well, I'm always up for trolling some libs.  Just mosey around the store and don't buy anything.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 12:19:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Actually they cant ask you to leave for any reason.
View Quote
Okay, any reason that's not specifically protected by the snowflake laws. They can ask you to leave because they don't like your haircut. They don't even have to articulate a reason. They can just flat out ask you to leave.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 12:20:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Fuck wal mart
View Quote
Bears repeating.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 12:38:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Until I find a cheaper or same priced source for liquid ibuprofen and salad dressing I'll be going there for those 2 items.  I'm not paying $8 for a bottle of ibuprofen when I can get it there for $4.  Used to spend $300 a month there on food. I hated their clothing line (shorts with one leg opening larger than the other) and fishing rods were to cheap. Rather spend a little more and get better quality. If Wal-Mart sold utility trailers they'd be cheaper than HF and not worth the price of scrap. Not sure how many DVD players I have bought from them that broke right after the warranty. $99 here $99 there, same with printers, it adds up.

Think we've only bought 1 rifle from there back in the 1990s. Bought some 45acp, 9mm and 22lr there a few times. Nothing in large quantity 45acp was small pistol primed .  Buy a lot of stuff from Amazon now or some other place.

Fucking Wal-Mart ran out all of the small business in the town I grew up in. Those fuckheaded bastards did that then raised their prices. As much as I hate unionized stores I haven't heard of them directly calling for a ban on our 2nd Amendment rights. I just hate paying their inflated prices for the same damned products.  And I cant do that when I have other needs, Wal-Mart will get $15 from me when I buy those 2 items once every 2 months or so.
We have a neighborhood store that is different than the big store which I have hated since their inception.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 1:39:53 PM EDT
[#49]
People here carrying on as usual, OC is common, esp in the areas closer to the bases.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 2:33:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Can someone explain the logic of boycotting one anti-gun corporation and going to another anti-gun corporation to shop?  Truth is all the CEO's of those corporations are working to disarm us, not just Walmart CEO.

This website is hosted on Amazon servers, is Jeff Bezos our friend?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top