User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:09:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's exactly what the Left is saying. Same framing and everything.
View Quote

Mind boggling...
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:12:38 AM EDT
[#2]

And BOTH sides think THEY are the Patriots...

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:30:31 AM EDT
[#3]
So...who's the traitor?

I guess it's subjective, considering each side is working in the manner they believe is consistent with the Constitution.

Who is correct?

Does the Preamble to The Constitution not state that the document was written in order to "establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity"?

Establish Justice sure sounds like it could holding people accountable for their actions, like Police Officers who shoot people.

Insure domestic Tranquility sure sounds like it could mean calling for Unity, and ensuring people who would disrupt the institutions of our Republic are also held accountable for their actions.

Promote the general Welfare sure sounds like it could mean giving citizens a helping and through assistance programs.

Who is correct? Who is a traitor? The person who wants to give the people everything, or the person who wants to give the people nothing?

A lot of people like to think they are the hero, but just as many people think you are the villian.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:07:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So...who's the traitor?

I guess it's subjective, considering each side is working in the manner they believe is consistent with the Constitution.

Who is correct?

Does the Preamble to The Constitution not state that the document was written in order to "establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity"?

Establish Justice sure sounds like it could holding people accountable for their actions, like Police Officers who shoot people.

Insure domestic Tranquility sure sounds like it could mean calling for Unity, and ensuring people who would disrupt the institutions of our Republic are also held accountable for their actions.

Promote the general Welfare sure sounds like it could mean giving citizens a helping and through assistance programs.

Who is correct? Who is a traitor? The person who wants to give the people everything, or the person who wants to give the people nothing?

A lot of people like to think they are the hero, but just as many people think you are the villian.
View Quote

Thanks for your post. It’s exactly what I was getting after. When both sides view themselves aligned with patriotism, and the other side as the traitors, how do you come back from that?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:11:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So...who's the traitor?

Who is correct?

View Quote

If you just read the preamble that could mean whatever the hell you want. Probably why there are several pages after that.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:18:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If you just read the preamble that could mean whatever the hell you want. Probably why there are several pages after that.
View Quote

The Preamble is the entire purpose for the document. It lays out the reasons for founding and values of the Republic. It is the basis upon which all the amendments are written and is the very core of the document. It is arguably the most important passage in the document.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:27:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The Preamble is the entire purpose for the document. It lays out the reasons for founding and values of the Republic. It is the basis upon which all the amendments are written and is the very core of the document. It is arguably the most important passage in the document.
View Quote

OK.

and then it goes on to dictate how those ideas will be achieved in a orderly, lawful way.

I especially like how detailed the presidential election process is.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:30:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
OP thinks Democrats are Patriots.
View Quote

I think he is referring to the patriot party that has been proposed as a new third party. He is saying the Democrats and Republicans are the same.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:33:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Pretty sure the OP is on the left.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's exactly what the Left is saying. Same framing and everything.

Pretty sure the OP is on the left.

I will admit, he confuses me. Kind of jumps back and forth.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:35:31 AM EDT
[#10]
When a whole army of traitors was trying to take down a sitting president, OP nit picked said president for every bad move mad and never celebrated his victories.  

I ain't saying he is a bad guy.  I am saying it takes more than clever quote sometimes.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:41:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Your screen name is burned into many of our minds. When you make a post like this we just roll our eyes. We've read enough of your posts to form an opinion where you stand. Once they do the name change thing you may want to look into it. Also stay away from the Civil War avatars. Dead giveaway.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:55:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Yet OP worked tirelessly to disparage and discredit Trump on this forum whenever possible for 4 years and now wants on the the "good guys"  team?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:40:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Are they any Demorat patriots?
How many Republicans are traitors?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:23:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Your rank has been established many times over.

Good luck to you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
.... And I want hereafter to be ranked with the latter and, I trust, the stronger party.

Your rank has been established many times over.

Good luck to you.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:26:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
“There is no distinctly American criminal class...except Congress.”

-Mark Twain
View Quote

" I Don’t Want to Belong to Any Club That Will Accept Me as a Member"
Groucho Marx
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top