BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 769
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 8:21:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GUNGUY148:

Thats a drag man, work has been balls to the wall for me also. I've only been getting 2 workouts a week in.

Heal up quick!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:
I feel like such a sloth. I did a squat and overhead press workout last weekend, but we've been going 100 mph at work, and I had a mole removed off my back that they stuck 5 stitches in this week, I stretched it pretty good at work yesterday and it started to bleed, not even sure if I can get much of workout in until it heals up a bit.

Thats a drag man, work has been balls to the wall for me also. I've only been getting 2 workouts a week in.

Heal up quick!

I'll probably go for it today. Yesterday I had to do some spiderman shit off a banister to finish the edge of some concrete and nothing ripped out.

My arms have gotten noticeably smaller since March. Work sucks, and anyone that says "work is the only gym I need" is either 20 years old, or ignorant.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 12:09:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jcatcg] [#2]

I actually didn't even look at their lever belts. I used one years ago and it was such a PITA to adjust. Have they made that easier?
View Quote

Yeah I used one of their prong belts for years 'til I saw one of these a couple month ago and picked one up. You can do small adjustments w/o needing to move the lever attachment point on the belt. Pretty awesome. I linked the particular belt I bought but you can get the new lever system on any of them.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 12:10:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jcatcg] [#3]

View Quote
double tap
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:26:49 PM EDT
[#4]

I'll probably go for it today. Yesterday I had to do some spiderman shit off a banister to finish the edge of some concrete and nothing ripped out.

My arms have gotten noticeably smaller since March. Work sucks, and anyone that says "work is the only gym I need" is either 20 years old, or ignorant.
View All Quotes
I feel like such a sloth. I did a squat and overhead press workout last weekend, but we've been going 100 mph at work, and I had a mole removed off my back that they stuck 5 stitches in this week, I stretched it pretty good at work yesterday and it started to bleed, not even sure if I can get much of workout in until it heals up a bit.

Heal up quick!

Absolutely.

I was talking to my son today about your last sentence. We skipped working out today to cut and split two big oak trees. I was telling him hard work is good conditioning and will help a weak person to get stronger but it's not a replacement for lifting heavy iron.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:29:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sitdwnandhngon] [#5]

Absolutely.

I was talking to my son today about your last sentence. We skipped working out today to cut and split two big oak trees. I was telling him hard work is good conditioning and will help a weak person to get stronger but it's not a replacement for lifting heavy iron.
View All Quotes

Heal up quick!

Absolutely.

A few jobs, like splitting wood, will help you with some muscle though.

Splitting wood is great for your core, especially if you have a hollow body as you whip the maul down.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 8:57:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By jcatcg:

Yeah I used one of their prong belts for years 'til I saw one of these a couple month ago and picked one up. You can do small adjustments w/o needing to move the lever attachment point on the belt. Pretty awesome. I linked the particular belt I bought but you can get the new lever system on any of them.
View All Quotes

I actually didn't even look at their lever belts. I used one years ago and it was such a PITA to adjust. Have they made that easier?

That looks tits, probably close to an inch of adjustment?
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 9:51:56 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote
Given that the pins in the lever need to grab two sets of teeth, my tape say 1 1/2" .
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 7:56:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Given that the pins in the lever need to grab two sets of teeth, my tape say 1 1/2" .
View All Quotes

Game changer.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 4:38:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Deadlift 5s last night. I hit 285x13, my son got 175x10. We're both up weight and reps from last month
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 10:46:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Anything more than 5 reps for deadlifts makes me want to puke.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 8:20:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By grady:
View Quote

I think sets of ten is a good way to increase practical work capacity.

Im not hauling 300 lobster traps everyday any more and it shows
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 8:57:36 AM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

#metoo

13 on 5s week is a bit much IMO. I'd like a weight I'm hitting around 8 on but I'm still slowly losing body weight. I'll probably keep it as is for a few more cycles.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 6:02:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I've been negligent in my iron game, got home, quarantined, straight into a month of leave and then a month of OJT work with a new unit. Currently BACK in quarantine but I've at least got a set of pull up bars, a rubber band and a 24 and a 40k kettlebell.

Once I clear Q-tine again I have about 7 weeks to put some numbers up, probably not enough to get to were I was in December but thats whatever. I need to lean out more than get big rn anyway.

Today was, Pyramid pullups, 1-6-1, leg tucks 5x5, hanging row things ( those TRX strap things), then a quick and dirty pushup/ kettlebell press deal that smoked my arms pretty good.

Tomorrow I need to get some sort of lower body thing in, maybe KB lunges, KB single leg deads, KB squats, whatever.

Link Posted: 5/20/2021 11:38:10 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

4 sets of 8 makes me want to cry.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 8:40:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By VooDoo3dfx:

View All Quotes

1 set @ 405x8 was enough last night. I hate being week but its nice getting my strength back
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 9:19:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By ACPjunkie:
I've been negligent in my iron game, got home, quarantined, straight into a month of leave and then a month of OJT work with a new unit. Currently BACK in quarantine but I've at least got a set of pull up bars, a rubber band and a 24 and a 40k kettlebell.

Once I clear Q-tine again I have about 7 weeks to put some numbers up, probably not enough to get to were I was in December but thats whatever. I need to lean out more than get big rn anyway.

Today was, Pyramid pullups, 1-6-1, leg tucks 5x5, hanging row things ( those TRX strap things), then a quick and dirty pushup/ kettlebell press deal that smoked my arms pretty good.

Tomorrow I need to get some sort of lower body thing in, maybe KB lunges, KB single leg deads, KB squats, whatever.

View Quote

High volume pistol squats using the TRX Straps for balance is the answer you seek. They really suck
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 9:21:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By LoneCoyoteHunter:

High volume pistol squats using the TRX Straps for balance is the answer you seek. They really suck
View Quote

Solid idea

sounds terrible lol  
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 10:20:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Somehow I keep getting unsubscribed from this broke thread. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 11:39:29 PM EDT
[#19]
[youtube]shorts/qvHMwptc6Jg?feature=share[/youtube]
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 10:00:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Having a bit of pain in bench press.

Being 6'5", my wingspan / arm length is massive. While bench pressing, I am feeling more of a workout in my deltoids / triceps than chest. I think I am hitting a slight wall because of this because I am getting fatigued pretty quick.

My sets vary from 4x4 and 4x8 in the program. At 165 lbs and 150 lbs respectively.

Link Posted: 5/26/2021 11:36:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Being 6'5", my wingspan / arm length is massive. While bench pressing, I am feeling more of a workout in my deltoids / triceps than chest. I think I am hitting a slight wall because of this because I am getting fatigued pretty quick.

My sets vary from 4x4 and 4x8 in the program. At 165 lbs and 150 lbs respectively.

View Quote

How wide are your hands? Id start by bringing them out a little
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 7:36:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

View All Quotes

Outside of the ring.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 9:34:46 AM EDT
[#23]

Outside of the ring.
View All Quotes

Outside of the ring.

Post a video. The ring isnt consistent with all bars

Link Posted: 5/27/2021 9:39:17 AM EDT
[#24]
I pulled 405x9 last night. My legs were still feeling a 9 mile run pushing my son in a stroller on monday.

Next week Ill get 10 and then ill start working up with 455 untill I hit 10 reps
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 3:30:56 PM EDT
[#25]

Absolutely.

View All Quotes

Heal up quick!

Absolutely.

Yep. My workout regime has been shitty for a while. And recently I decided to get a job 4.5 hours away so I’m living in 2 places until July. I’m somewhere around 200 lbs now. Almost not a man.
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 2:42:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Got access to the gym again. Feels good to move some weights around again and I'm super glad I spent time working with the kettlebells, not nearly as much DOMS  as I was expecting.

I think I'll spend Sunday and Monday in the gym playing around and feeling out some max effort stuff. Maybe start programming again on Tuesday.

Today I worked some deads, worked up to two singles at 505. First time doing that since at least February. Didn't die and didn't pass out.

Yesterday I managed a 295x2 bench press, which is legit considering I havnt really been working bench since February.
Friday I managed a 405x2 back squat.
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 7:24:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Got access to the gym again. Feels good to move some weights around again and I'm super glad I spent time working with the kettlebells, not nearly as much DOMS  as I was expecting.

I think I'll spend Sunday and Monday in the gym playing around and feeling out some max effort stuff. Maybe start programming again on Tuesday.

Today I worked some deads, worked up to two singles at 505. First time doing that since at least February. Didn't die and didn't pass out.

Yesterday I managed a 295x2 bench press, which is legit considering I havnt really been working bench since February.
Friday I managed a 405x2 back squat.
View Quote

Must feel nice
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 7:09:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Strong lifts guys.

I haven't lifted in a week. My son and I are in NC riding motorcycles and my body is getting achy from that. I'm going to do some mobility work this morning, that should help.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 8:57:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Did a short (and fast) ruck with a halfway break for some O course stuff. Only about 4 miles total but over all a solid morning session.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/30/2021 12:31:43 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

Outside of the ring.

You're 100% correct.

I went back and looked at the rings on the bars, and 1 is different than the other 3.

Fixed my arm position using slightly outside my shoulder width, and surprise.. no shoulder pressure and more chest pressure.

So, duh on my part.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 5:47:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Did a short (and fast) ruck with a halfway break for some O course stuff. Only about 4 miles total but over all a solid morning session.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/169843/IMG-20210530-WA0000_jpg-1960574.JPG
View Quote

Nice!
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 9:21:32 AM EDT
[#32]
NOOO.  I just got a new phone and big lifts 2 app is gone from the app store and I can't transfer it to my new phone.  I've been using it for years.

Any suggestions on a new app for 531
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 8:32:40 PM EDT
[#33]
I am week 9 on 12 of the 4x4x8 program.

I am thinking of switching it up, rather than doing another cycle.

Does anybody have experience with GZCLP?
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 9:08:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nyalaman] [#34]
Awesome- holy cow ( Kaiks puke pic)
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 12:49:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By nyalaman:
Awesome- holy cow ( Kaiks puke pic)
View Quote

At this moment I was thinking I probably shouldn't have eaten 4 cheeseburgers, a large fry and a large drink before trying to chug a 2 liter.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 5:51:36 AM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Or just do 5x5 like literally every single person you asked for advice from told you

If you're interested in spending a little money, check this out.  They also added Powerbuilding and you can mix the two programs.  It will conform to your goals and lifting ability without thinking.  It's mostly based on RPE though, so you have to be real honest with the app.  I'll do a review soon, but I like it a lot and there are serious lifters putting up great numbers using it.

Link Posted: 6/3/2021 7:00:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VooDoo3dfx] [#37]
Originally Posted By Jarcese:

Or just do 5x5 like literally every single person you asked for advice from told you

If you're interested in spending a little money, check this out.  They also added Powerbuilding and you can mix the two programs.  It will conform to your goals and lifting ability without thinking.  It's mostly based on RPE though, so you have to be real honest with the app.  I'll do a review soon, but I like it a lot and there are serious lifters putting up great numbers using it.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jarcese:

5x5 would be equivalent to the starter program that I would be completing with the 4x4x8.

I'll check the program out.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 7:01:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VooDoo3dfx] [#38]
Double
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 7:14:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By camarojsmith:
NOOO.  I just got a new phone and big lifts 2 app is gone from the app store and I can't transfer it to my new phone.  I've been using it for years.

Any suggestions on a new app for 531
View Quote

I use black iron beast templates and print them out. I like having paper versions so I'm not constantly fiddling with my phone.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 7:48:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Pulled my 405x10. Im feeling good about getting my old strength back.

Next week we'll see what i can do with 455. Should be 3-5
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 8:06:28 AM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Nice
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 3:23:07 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Solid numbers

Link Posted: 6/3/2021 8:04:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Pulled a respectable 545lb conventional dead lift today. Tough knowing I've pulled more, but its a place to start certainly.

Also got to play on a titan Reverse hyper. Not sure of I should add that for dead days or squats but it'll certainly see some use.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 9:53:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Pulled a respectable 545lb conventional dead lift today. Tough knowing I've pulled more, but its a place to start certainly.

Also got to play on a titan Reverse hyper. Not sure of I should add that for dead days or squats but it'll certainly see some use.
View Quote

Yeah, absolutely man. You cant always be peaking unless you make it you job.

I think I might go back to sumos for a little bit
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 5:59:07 AM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

Swole! Great lift.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 5:02:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Every time I cut calories my shoulder press goes to absolute crap.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 6:42:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Did 100 reps standing OHP with 135lbs. 5x8, 5x6, 6x5
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:47:42 AM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

Get some
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 6:02:51 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

But why?
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 10:50:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

But why?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KaiK:

But why?

It was a good challenge.

Did 10 one hundred yard sprints today and 15 sets of pullups today.

My wife joined in so that was fun
Page / 769
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top