Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/26/2024 8:59:09 AM EDT
I think technically it's more of a "North Shore" accent than Boston.  That would be places like Lynn, Ma. a few miles north of Boston.

She actually has some good Revolutionary War content, but I know you guys hate Boston accents, so here you go.

You've Never Seen OLD NORTH BRIDGE From Here | Battles of Lexington & Concord #americanrevolution

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:10:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Stopped it after 10 seconds.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:11:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I love it as much as the NY accent.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:13:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Fuck all that
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:15:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I always assume people who have that accent are turning it up a notch.  Yeah there's some people that sound like that, but not usually and not younger people.  That "Hollywood" Boston accent is almost always enhanced on purpose.

I've heard myself talking on recording and thought I sounded retahded.  This lady takes the cake.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:17:51 AM EDT
[#5]
She has a very old school Boston accent. That's how my mother and grandmother talk. My grandmother passed away, but my mother is 75. They both grew up in Roslindale in Boston.

My sister grew up in Southie so has Boston's "ghetto" accent, and I'm from Mattapan/Hyde Park so I guess it's just a stereotypical Boston accent.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:19:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Gross
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:21:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Accent is damn annoying but it is much more pleasant then a Long Island NY accent.
Good content, I like what she is doing. I may have to dig in deeper into her rabbit hole.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:25:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I always assume people who have that accent are turning it up a notch.  Yeah there's some people that sound like that, but not usually and not younger people.  That "Hollywood" Boston accent is almost always enhanced on purpose.

I've heard myself talking on recording and thought I sounded retahded.  This lady takes the cake.
View Quote

lol…me too. I hate hearing recordings of my voice. (Born in Masshole-a-chusetts and escaped to “NEW HAMSHA” at 8 years old. Now 74…some days it’s worse than others.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:27:04 AM EDT
[#9]
I like her accent! Reminds me of a girl that used to give epic, slurpy, blowjobs! Cute too!
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:27:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
One of my last bosses at Charter was based out of MA. He normally did not have a really strong accent, but when the topic came up or he wanted cool guy attention he would crank it up to the point of being a caricature of himself..
It was like he'd purposely use words that would enhance or bring attention to his hollywoodish "BAASTIN" accent..

OK Guy, I just always thought it was both funny and annoying...
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:28:20 AM EDT
[#11]
When I go back to my hometown I sound a lot like that after about 2 or 3 days and it takes me about a week or so to lose it after I get back to Pittsburgh.

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:50:04 AM EDT
[#12]
more pleasant to the ear than a coonass accent.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:59:00 AM EDT
[#13]
This a north shore Revere/Saugus accent and a bit put on with overtones of jersey trash flavor.

-P
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:00:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Doesn't really sound like much of an accent.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:13:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Sounds like my grandparents' accent.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:18:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Went to school with a guy from Boston. You can guess his nickname here in Podunk Oklahoma.

Also went to school with a guy from coney Island. He said mad crazy a lot.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:19:45 AM EDT
[#17]
pass the muhstuhd ya basstuhd
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:20:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Almost sounds worse than southerners speaking while wearing jeans and flipflops.   JMO of course.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:21:37 AM EDT
[#19]
That accent is wicked haahd.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:22:03 AM EDT
[#20]
At first I was like nails on a chalkboard. Then I was like that’s a tight little Irish ass and I think she’s hiding a decent set of sweater puppies. Then I was like subscribed!
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:26:11 AM EDT
[#21]
I thought it was going to be that fake ass woman that does makeup videos.

My wife watches that crap. She’s getting rich off it with big makeup company endorsements. And her accent is her gimmick.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:30:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Soon as I saw the thread title I thought of "The Departed".

Good joahb, troopah.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:43:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
One of my last bosses at Charter was based out of MA. He normally did not have a really strong accent, but when the topic came up or he wanted cool guy attention he would crank it up to the point of being a caricature of himself..
It was like he'd purposely use words that would enhance or bring attention to his hollywoodish "BAASTIN" accent..

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.  I know people like that who turned it on because they got attention and never turned it off.  You can tell who is putting it on for attention and pick up different accents within the accent if you've lived here your whole life.  She's too young to have an accent like that.  It's not impossible, but I highly suspect that's part of her draw to her Youtube.

A lot of older people from MA have that hard accent and maybe some really skanky girls from Lynn or something.   Usually girls try to drop the accent because it sounds much worse on women than men.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:54:34 AM EDT
[#24]
They 'sawr' something.
Neat.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:56:07 AM EDT
[#25]
I have heard thicker and with a Irish lilt to it here in Bush Alaska.

A couple of environmental scientists that came out to do a study. They were funny as hell.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:59:08 AM EDT
[#26]
cahhhhhnkid bridge
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:01:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:01:45 AM EDT
[#28]
I want to hear her say “Can you park the car in Harvard yard”
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:06:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
more pleasant to the ear than a coonass accent.
View Quote

No way man.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:06:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Get some pizzr and be-ah when youre done
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:07:38 AM EDT
[#31]
I used to have clients in Boston and honestly at times it was hard to keep a straight face
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:12:16 AM EDT
[#32]
This is wheah they sarr it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:14:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Lynn Mass, there's a name I haven't heard in a while.  I lived in and went to HS in Lynn, what a dumpster fire that was.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:16:11 AM EDT
[#34]
I had a client with a stronger New England accent. She needed her kaa serviced, I asked her three times to say again because I couldn't understand what she saying. She finally asked to speak with a different person.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:17:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:19:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I think technically it's more of a "North Shore" accent than Boston.  That would be places like Lynn, Ma. a few miles north of Boston.

She actually has some good Revolutionary War content, but I know you guys hate Boston accents, so here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV3nPaXpsAc

View Quote

She sounds like my cousins from Boston, Malden a suburb to be exact. ‘Soar” for “saw” lol.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:28:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Fran Drescher is looking pretty good these days.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:35:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yup.  I know people like that who turned it on because they got attention and never turned it off.  You can tell who is putting it on for attention and pick up different accents within the accent if you've lived here your whole life.  She's too young to have an accent like that.  It's not impossible, but I highly suspect that's part of her draw to her Youtube.

A lot of older people from MA have that hard accent and maybe some really skanky girls from Lynn or something.   Usually girls try to drop the accent because it sounds much worse on women than men.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s also an identity thing. One of my friends is a 10th generation West Texan and he says he and his siblings had mostly neutral accents growing up, but his sister in Phoenix is getting increasingly more Texan as the years go by. She sounds almost like a caricature of a Texan now.

Somewhat related, if you listen to audio of the physicist Richard Feynman, he sounds super New Yorker, but that was apparently a weird put-on later in life when he lived in Pasadena. People who knew him at Los Alamos said he didn’t have such a strong accent then, and he was basically straight out of Queens.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:53:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Pretty standard for back there. Heard much worse.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:03:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

The best boss I ever had in the Army was from Milledgeville, Ga. He had a minor Georgia accent except when he was drinking, then he really cranked it up.

He worked in the insane asylum in Milledgeville and the inmates taught him to shoot pool. The only time I ever beat him was when I ran the table.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:24:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Accent is damn annoying but it is much more pleasant then a Long Island NY accent.
Good content, I like what she is doing. I may have to dig in deeper into her rabbit hole.
View Quote

Yeah a Fran Drescher narrator would have been sandpaper an angle grinder to the soul...
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 1:36:19 PM EDT
[#42]
I bet her cousin is wicked smahrt
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 1:58:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

She sounds like my cousins from Boston, Malden a suburb to be exact. 'Soar" for "saw" lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV3nPaXpsAc

She sounds like my cousins from Boston, Malden a suburb to be exact. 'Soar" for "saw" lol.
Reminds me of New Yankee Workshop.

"If you'd like to build this chest of draws, a measured drawering is available" (with drawering rhyming with roaring)
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 2:36:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Two marine biologists out and about.

Boston Fisherman Freaks Out About Fish
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 2:45:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Obviously OP has never been to Boston and conversed with the locals, especially the less refined folks in a pub watching a Patriots game.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 2:48:22 PM EDT
[#46]
The King's english:

Evil Looking Cat Appears in Backyard | Hilarious Commentary
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 2:54:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Make it stop. That is so bad
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 2:57:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Accent is a bit much but the information and lessons she gives on Lexington and Concord is 100% gold!
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:13:21 PM EDT
[#49]

At least it’s not the new vocal fry accent.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:30:21 PM EDT
[#50]
I went to grad school in Boston for two years.

There are people who talk like that.  They thought I was an alien with my Texas drawl.  

Boston is such an amazing place (most of the year) it is such a shame that the good Lord gave it to those people.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top