Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 6:36:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Compromise on freedom?
View Quote
No shit.  What are the negatives of legalizing pot?
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 6:43:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Why?
View Quote
because pot needles are icky............. or more likely, some people who claim to be all for freedom really aren't.

J-
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 6:43:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Bullshit. Fuck dopers.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 6:45:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Leads to more health problems which leads to more taxes to provide healthcare because of people's vices.

Be realistic: there's no way that doesn't happen.  The libertarian dream of being "responsible for one's actions" is just that: a dream.
View Quote
no it doesn't.

How many people do you know will smoke weed just because it is legal. If you weren't going to smoke it when its illegal you aren't going to smoke it when it is legal.

J-
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 6:46:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ridiculous that it’s a schedule 1. Most LEOs will agree
View Quote
Ridiculous that it (or any drug) is illegal at any level.

J-
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 7:17:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Cannabis.

The left WILL NOT allow him into the presidency again as long as he does not appeal to at least some of the “Left”
View Quote
You sampling your product? If the election was tomorrow it would be a sweep, in Trump's favor.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 7:35:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
no it doesn't.

How many people do you know will smoke weed just because it is legal. If you weren't going to smoke it when its illegal you aren't going to smoke it when it is legal.

J-
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Leads to more health problems which leads to more taxes to provide healthcare because of people's vices.

Be realistic: there's no way that doesn't happen.  The libertarian dream of being "responsible for one's actions" is just that: a dream.
no it doesn't.

J-
 I know a few people that will try it if it becomes legal, they only don't now because of the risk involved.......
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 7:38:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yep.  With all of the major issues facing the United States of America, the only way to win is to legalize pot.  All that other bullshit is dumb.
View Quote
Pro dopers think dope is a magical thing that fixes everything, it's on their mind 24/7.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:13:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You dopers should find another way to make your life happy. So tired of hearing from people who carry weapons but can't stay clean.  You want this country to look like Holland where the dopers sit on the park benches and shoot up? Really a fucked up society I live in when this is what the average American wants.
View Quote
Shoot up with pot needles?
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:15:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Funny I’ve been saying this for the past year. Slam dunk reelection if he does.
View Quote
Yup. I’m good with it too. Times have changed.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:15:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Bullshit. Fuck dopers.
View Quote
Fuck anti freedom statists.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:17:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You sampling your product? If the election was tomorrow it would be a sweep, in Trump's favor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cannabis.

The left WILL NOT allow him into the presidency again as long as he does not appeal to at least some of the “Left”
Who’s sampling their product?
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:18:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Pro dopers think dope is a magical thing that fixes everything, it's on their mind 24/7.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep.  With all of the major issues facing the United States of America, the only way to win is to legalize pot.  All that other bullshit is dumb.
Anti freedom statists think it’s a magical evil plant that ruins everything, it’s on their mind 24/7

Remember, the same type will want to enforce any and all new gun laws on you as well, cuz derp, laws is laws.  Herp derp.  Follow blindly citizens.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:27:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Too many shallow minded "conservatives" think that it's a liberal thing rather than an issue of freedom and government drastically overstepping its bounds. They don't necessarily hate weed, they hate liberals.

Conservatives like to pretend they are pro-freedom but that's not the truth. Conservatives want to control, regulate and restrict behavior just as much as the left, it's just that they want to restrict different things.

I am for small government and personal responsibility, not holding onto failed ideas simply because it's against the other political party's platform. Yeah I vote GOP, because what choice do I have... But I'm a fiscal conservative and a small-L libertarian in my beliefs.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:40:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Anti freedom statists think it’s a magical evil plant that ruins everything, it’s on their mind 24/7

Remember, the same type will want to enforce any and all new gun laws on you as well, cuz derp, laws is laws.  Herp derp.  Follow blindly citizens.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They think reefer madness was a documentary, if that explains their mindset.

They have to admit one thing to remain intellectually honest... no matter WHAT your personal views are on marijuana, the times are changing.  Legalization is going to happen, whether they want to or not.  Decriminalization/delisting/legalization is the only way to come out ahead or even just neutral on this issue.

It would be absolutely stupid to let the left use weed as a wedge tool against us.  It is a losing position, and as long as we have the resident statists framing the right's position on weed, REPUBLICANS WILL LOSE.  It is the same on other social issues, such as gay marriage and modest abortion rights.

Social "conservatives" will always be a thorn in the side of the republican party.  Outside of the deepest red county in the most crimson state, social conservatism is a losing position.  It's politically easy as fuck to be a social conservative in Crook County, Wyoming... but it's political suicide in ever increasing purple counties/states.  The ONLY way to win back the country is to change tactics.  It's a shame they think weed is a great political hill to die on.

Dummies.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:41:53 AM EDT
[#16]
I don't see it playing out this way nationally.

Last year the Repubs in MI basically wanted to do this very thing- legalize marijuana in the summer so the left would stay home in November, sealing a win for the Republican governor candidate.

But the dems kicked the issue down to November to ensure dem voter turnout ... now we have recreational marijuana AND a hideous democrat governess.

Don't do this.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:52:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Last year the Repubs in MI basically wanted to do this very thing- legalize marijuana in the summer so the left would stay home in November, sealing a win for the Republican governor candidate.

But the dems kicked the issue down to November to ensure dem voter turnout ... now we have recreational marijuana AND a hideous democrat governess.

Don't do this.
View Quote
Trump can delist it before his first diet coke of the day, and the dems have no ability to punt the issue.  Your argument doesnt make sense.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:10:02 AM EDT
[#18]
It’s going to happen at somepoint soon.

Which party wants the win.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:11:22 AM EDT
[#19]
It wouldn't be to appeal to the left. It would just make a lot of them stay home because they're too high to remember to vote.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:15:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:27:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Guns aren't enough, now we need to compromise on other issues, too?
View Quote
You're part of the problem.  You correlate conservativism with your extreme religious beliefs.  Only fudd bible thumpers are against legalizing at this point, and you do not represent a true conservative (pro freedom) vision.

Conservatives should be focused on freedom first and foremost.  That means legalizing.

To boot.....it would end this ludicrous spending on enforcing ridiculous marijuana laws.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:31:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Your avatar is very fitting

Fudds gunna fudd
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:38:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Yeah, don't see that being a big issue. I suspect they'll just sit and watch states legalize it, and do nothing about it, as is happening right now. Kind of like they are doing/saying nothing about state after state infringing on the Second Amendment.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:39:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm not pro dope. I don't touch the stuff, except for the occasional alcoholic beverage. Which IS "dope." But you have a government permission slip for that, right?

I am pro freedom. It's not about being pro dope.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:41:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Yeah, don't see that being a big issue. I suspect they'll just sit and watch states legalize it, and do nothing about it, as is happening right now. Kind of like they are doing/saying nothing about state after state infringing on the Second Amendment.
View Quote
They have the perfect situation now. States are legalizing it, but it remains illegal at the federal level. Enforcement costs go way down, but they are able to catch large amounts of people in the anti-gun net and make them prohibited persons.

It needs to be legalized at the federal level, and then let the states decide.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:49:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

ARFCOM is full of pothead liberals.
View Quote
More and more every year - sad
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:58:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same mindset if this was the age of alcohol prohibition instead of cannabis prohibition?
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 10:02:56 AM EDT
[#28]
I liked that idea I saw floated for legalization of weed, but tied to voter ID protections...

If it passes, we get more freedom and secure elections.

It fails, we get to say we tried. Both are needed.

NC had voter ID on the ballot this go round & it passed handily. I mean if I have to show my license to get a hotel, rent a car, get into an R-rated movie, why shouldn’t I have to show it to vote?
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 10:07:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Your inability to understand my point makes your attempt at snark laughable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's ironic coming from you.
Your inability to understand my point makes your attempt at snark laughable.
It's not that people are unable to understand your point; it's that you aren't clearly making it.  You're attempting to be clever and deceptive, but all that is happening is that it's making you look like the statist.  Clarify your positions.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 10:10:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Oh yeah; the voter shift would be Huuuge!
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 10:18:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
We're talking about national legalization.  Your fear is what, exactly?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, because in every place that has legalized it the Republicans have gained so many new voters.
Right, look at CA, CO, WA, OR.......oh wait....
Had nothing to do with fear.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 10:23:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, because in every place that has legalized it the Republicans have gained so many new voters.
Right, look at CA, CO, WA, OR.......oh wait....
Right, it has nothing to do with fear, or logic. It has to do with the perception that federal marijuana legalization... removing the responsibility from the federal government... is something that Democrat voters would want, so many Republicans are against it as a punishment towards "the other side," and just to be oppositional in EVERY way to them. There's no logic behind it, especially when it comes to personal freedom. But again... conservatives are not about personal freedom any more than the liberals.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 10:23:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Funny I’ve been saying this for the past year. Slam dunk reelection if he does.
View Quote
i think so as well
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 10:24:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Compromise on personal freedom?

I dont give a rats ass if you smoke weed or drink booze, gay or straight, semi or full auto, freedom is the most important thing Americans can enjoy. I do not agree with him on the bumpstock ban, i do think he will be more 2A friendly than a Democrat alternative.
View Quote
perfectly stated!!
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 10:38:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Agreed

Quoted:
Cannabis.

View Quote
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 11:10:38 AM EDT
[#36]
I don't get the fixation on legalizing weed.  There are not enough people that care enough about it to make it an election decider.

Also, Democrats "allowing him into the presidency" is not how this works.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 11:11:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Right, it has nothing to do with fear, or logic. It has to do with the perception that federal marijuana legalization... removing the responsibility from the federal government... is something that Democrat voters would want, so many Republicans are against it as a punishment towards "the other side," and just to be oppositional in EVERY way to them. There's no logic behind it, especially when it comes to personal freedom. But again... conservatives are not about personal freedom any more than the liberals.
View Quote
Nailed it
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 11:19:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apparently it's also full of statist fudds that only pretend to embrace personal responsibility, fiscal conservatism, and limited government.

You guys are the rights version of Moms Demand Action.  "I support freedom, but....."
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 12:23:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Rising obesity rates, continued and increasing abuse of welfare and food stamps; where's the personal responsibility?
View Quote
You know what would fix that?
If we stopped subsidizing failure.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 1:03:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Campaigns are not won by convincing the other side to vote for you. You might get a few votes from the left but you will lose more from the right. You win by activating people to vote that otherwise were not going too vote.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 1:15:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Tax revenue and and the reclamation of the funds wasted in the massive black hole that is the "war on drugs" would easily offset any increase.  Anyone that wants to smoke pot to the point that it greatly affects their health is already doing it and you're already paying for it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 1:19:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Yes, it is about chipping away at the Democrat voting base. A few percentage points will give him an easy victory.
View Quote
Sitting in a state that is now under democrat control almost exclusively due to the pothead get out the vote siren call of "legal weed" I'd agree with this.

Scott Walker was screwed the minute they got a non-binding referendum on the state ballet about weed.  They haul it out every time the dims need more votes.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 1:20:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Your assumption is that you can satisfy Liberals.  Well, you can't.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 1:26:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
how is increasing liberty (albeit for degenerates) a compromise?
Quoted:

How the fuck is that compromising?  Small government, pro freedom includes not throwing away billions on a failed war on weed,
Quoted:

Who is compromising?  Weed isn't a core issue at all, outside of fudds/bible thumpers/statists.  And those guys a a fast shrinking minority.  Thank fuck.
Quoted:

How is allowing people more freedom compromising?

Legalize it and remove it as a ballot issue for the left.   It's a win-win situation.

Lol.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 1:28:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Since when does healthcare come out of taxes?  AOC is that you?
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 1:31:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Trump can delist it before his first diet coke of the day, and the dems have no ability to punt the issue.  Your argument doesnt make sense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't do this.
It’s not an argument, it’s a statement of fact. So long as the republicans don’t put it on the ballot they should be fine.

I don’t care about weed. I care about not having President Bernie.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 1:40:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
LOL @ anyone who thinks this will draw leftists to Trump. You are not only wrong, you are effed-in-the-head wrong.
View Quote
The idea is not that it will "draw leftists to Trump" but it will remove the bait on the stick the leftists use to get their droolers out to vote.

Like the guy in your avatar gets drawn out to rape a girl to cure his AIDs.  Like that.  Only with weed.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 1:47:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Cannabis.

View Quote
1)  He should push for legalization because cannabis prohibition is stupid, wasteful, and expands government power

2) If it's legalized, it removes it as a motivating issue for voters, keeping many of the more vehemently pro-MJ crowd at home eating Doritos and pizza
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 2:07:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Or at the very least, legalize hemp.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 2:11:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cannabis.

Let's continue to waste money and resources enforcing archaic marijuana laws that restrict freedom.  If conservatives get on board with marijuana legalization they could grow the voter base.  FYI I have never smoked or used marijuana
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top