Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 6/23/2022 9:59:08 AM EDT
I do aerospace stealthy bomby development shit. We do a lot of .002 max edges so I deburr and inspect my areas parts. The old fucks on the mills think it’s funny when I’m away from my inspection bench they move my microscope setting and chair height and fuck all my shit up.

They’ll do every a few times a week and then stop for a month. I haven’t even remotely hinted that I know they’re doing it. Figured they’ll loose the fun in it. The Lathe dudes came over and told me exactly who it is.

I need to fuck with these dudes back lol. I got a tub of neverseize at the ready.

Come to me great ones of wisdom with retaliation methods.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:00:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Bang their wives, shoot their dogs, piss on legs to establish dominance?
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:01:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Pretty sure marking fluid gets everywhere...

So does printer toner

Personally though I'd consider setting one of them on fire, because shit like that just annoys the fuck out of me and if you don't nip it in the bud, it'll get out of hand.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:02:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Super glue a suction cup dildo to the roof of their trucks.  They won't notice for a while.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:02:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

They prolly got some old ass wives

To be fair I get along really good with them so it’s not like they’re doing it because they hate me or anything. ….that I know of
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:02:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Spotting blue under tool box handles. Spotting blue in gloves.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:02:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Super glue a suction cup dildo to the roof of their trucks.  They won't notice for a while.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:03:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Having fun with coworkers and hijinks can be fun and helps build comraderie but messing with IMTE is a quality risk. Sure, hide my icons, but mess with my measurement settings and I'll be pissed.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:04:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I do aerospace stealthy bomby development shit. We do a lot of .002 max edges so I deburr and inspect my areas parts. The old fucks on the mills think it’s funny when I’m away from my inspection bench they move my microscope setting and chair height and fuck all my shit up.

They’ll do every a few times a week and then stop for a month. I haven’t even remotely hinted that I know they’re doing it. Figured they’ll loose the fun in it. The Lathe dudes came over and told me exactly who it is.

I need to fuck with these dudes back lol. I got a tub of neverseize at the ready.

Come to me great ones of wisdom with retaliation methods.
View Quote

make sure they use your pronouns.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:04:16 AM EDT
[#9]
You do what you want.
I have been around this type of work shenanigans.
It is usually harmless and runs its course quickly.

I have also watched two colleagues get fired for pranking one another.
One was the lead instigator and the other was the initial victim who retaliated.
The retaliation screwed up an expensive work order and then management got involved because the screw up couldn't be fixed without having to report it.
Both parties tried to fix the screw up before it got reported.

You do what you want but understand any possible consequences.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:04:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Rainbow bumper stickers.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:05:02 AM EDT
[#11]
You'd get fired anywhere I've worked for the never seize or bluing shit.

And probably murdered.

Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:05:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Having fun with coworkers and hijinks can be fun and helps build comraderie but messing with IMTE is a quality risk. Sure, hide my icons, but mess with my measurement settings and I'll be pissed.
View Quote

Yea fuckin asshole turn all the knobs out on the eye adjustments and move the eyes apart.

Im the only person who uses this microscope too so it’s like a drivers car seat. You can never get it perfectly adjusted again
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:06:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Glitter....Everything

But you better be ready for a confrontation afterwards. It's the gift that keeps on giving
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:07:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Surprise buttsecks
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:07:45 AM EDT
[#15]
If said assholes wears glasses, and maybe takes them off and on throughout the day, a little dab of grease or your before mentioned antisieze on the nose pieces is always good for a laugh.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:09:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Watch the man who told you its someone else. Be cautious of him, he may be the one.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:10:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Put an ad on a gay craigslist page with the guy's house phone number.   Mention in the ad that you work nights, so don't call before 9PM.

Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:11:05 AM EDT
[#18]
I was messed with as an apprentice. The usual grease on my handles,  etc.

It was a small shop, so easy to talk to most at one shot.

"OK. I'm the FNG. I get it. You've had your fun and I've taken it fine. I'm politely asking yall to knick it off. You won't like how I play".

It didn't stop.

An electronically fired "firecracker" was staged. The asshole went ballistic. Luckily the other guys told him he asked for it and was even warned.

You could take a different course only skipping the IED. Probably wouldn't fly as well today.

Go to the supervisor or owner. "If you cant rein in your monkeys, I can go somewhere else. They are costing you money".
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:11:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:11:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Glitter....Everything

But you better be ready for a confrontation afterwards. It's the gift that keeps on giving
View Quote

I for some reason am imagining a lathe activated glitter bomb
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:12:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Came to say this
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:12:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Watch the man who told you its someone else. Be cautious of him, he may be the one.
View Quote

Good point
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:12:50 AM EDT
[#23]
What a bunch of loosers.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:14:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Years ago a coworker and I got into a prank war that escalated. I ended it by sneaking his work car keys off of his desk. I got a big ass to go cup and scooped the entire top off of an ant hill and putting it under his work car seat. He started fighting the ants pretty much immediately but I kept feeding them with old banana peals, apple cores and shit like that for a couple of months. The ants ended colonizing both front seats. They’d attack him with fury as soon as he sat down. They had even built a nest around his gas cap at one point. He set off three bug bombs in his car to no avail. He finally gave his home exterminator a 20 to treat his car and they finally died off.

Problem was, sometimes I would ride with him to lunch or to another office. Those ants would attack anyone that sat down in the front seats.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:14:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Put an ad on a gay craigslist page with the guy's house phone number.   Mention in the ad that you work nights, so don't call before 9PM.

View Quote

Craigslist took down all the sexy ad categories.  I have created ads before listing a barn that needs cleaned out.  Pool tables, pinball machines, tools.  Too much to list.  All free.  First come, first serve.  Bring a truck!
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:14:43 AM EDT
[#26]
No wonder American made products are on the decline when there are grown men fucking with each other’s shit on the job instead of working. I bet you don’t see that kind of thing in China.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:15:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:16:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Make some custom stickers for their back bumpers that say "I LOVE FLESH ENEMAS".
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:17:21 AM EDT
[#29]
I had one workplace where we had blow guns and used needle darts

Im not even going to lie there were days I was scared to go to work

One jackass even barbed the darts to make them even more painful on extraction

Since then all the initiation stuff at work places was cake
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:18:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Pretty sure marking fluid gets everywhere...

So does printer toner

Personally though I'd consider setting one of them on fire, because shit like that just annoys the fuck out of me and if you don't nip it in the bud, it'll get out of hand.
View Quote
This, treat it like prison and beat the shit out of the biggest one on the first day.  

An acetylene and oxygen filled trash bag works too, but they will bitch at you for the hearing damage.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:18:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
What a bunch of loosers.
View Quote

What did they loosen?
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:18:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
No wonder American made products are on the decline when there are grown men fucking with each other’s shit on the job instead of working. I bet you don’t see that kind of thing in China.
View Quote

Easy now. It’s all in good fun.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:18:39 AM EDT
[#33]
This is how you get work place violence.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:18:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

They prolly got some old ass wives

To be fair I get along really good with them so it's not like they're doing it because they hate me or anything.  .that I know of
View Quote
Last I checked homie, old ass is still ass.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:18:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I for some reason am imagining a lathe activated glitter bomb
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

You’d be playing chess if you pranked the lathe guys that ratted out the other dudes. Then pit them against each other.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:18:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Dildo glued to truck is good. Stealthily put also me sort of rainbow sticker or honk for ghey pride sign on their truck, pro democrat shit.

I have also wondered in the past how to set some fucker up with a rubber with some hand lotion in it, strategically placed where a guys wife would find it.

I guess the degree if sinisterness would be in proportion to the person targeted/your hate for them....
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:19:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. I always tell folks, I don’t get even, I win.

Had a younger guy a few years back, splash water on me a bunch of times through our work day. He laughed and laughed, called me this and that. Said I was a pussy for doing nothing, I just smiled and kept working.

I waited till the end our day and in the break room he was sitting at same table as me, still taking shit. I took my 40oz water bottle and completely covered his whole lap and chest. He sat there in shock for a couple seconds then got up and started yelling he was HOT.

Our Sup ( who watched everything happen that day) came in and told him to STFU and go home, told him that he started and I had finished it.  Him and I went back and forth a few times before he left. Some people can dish it but can’t take it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:19:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I had one workplace where we had blow guns and used needle darts

Im not even going to lie there were days I was scared to go to work

One jackass even barbed the darts to make them even more painful on extraction

Since then all the initiation stuff at work places was cake
View Quote

Omg lol
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:19:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

I do not approve of practical jokes in the workplace. I am there to work, not play childish games. Engage in Tomfoolery in my shop and you are counseled once, then fired.  Fucking with the gear that checks quality in an aviation machine shop no less, a place of expensive tools and products and you might not get the counseling step.

If you are compelled to respond directly, wait until it is Childish Machinist’s product turn to be QA’d after he messes with your instruments, then reject it, even if okay. And again, and again,  Finally go to him and explain some dickhead messed with your measuring tools and in doing so knocked it out of spec, so that is why the parts were rejected. Go on to state the cost to correct what happened was a few thousand dollars, and the Production Manager was not happy.

Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:20:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
You do what you want.
I have been around this type of work shenanigans.
It is usually harmless and runs its course quickly.

I have also watched two colleagues get fired for pranking one another.
One was the lead instigator and the other was the initial victim who retaliated.
The retaliation screwed up an expensive work order and then management got involved because the screw up couldn't be fixed without having to report it.
Both parties tried to fix the screw up before it got reported.

You do what you want but understand any possible consequences.
View Quote

And....in all seriousness....all this.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:22:16 AM EDT
[#41]
If they drive a pickup(you can crawl under it easier), get some large and long zip ties and zip a bunch onto the driveshaft. They'll make a sound, if long enough to hit the underside of floorboard, that's hard to pinpoint and the owner will need some side cutters/sharp knife to get them off.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:22:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

What did they loosen?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What a bunch of loosers.

What did they loosen?

The OP's microscope settings, duh.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:22:45 AM EDT
[#43]
I’m heading to another department. I’m setting my phone up on record lol.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:22:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Air-can horn made for boating.

Wait for them to use the urinal in the restroom.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:24:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yea fuckin asshole turn all the knobs out on the eye adjustments and move the eyes apart.

Im the only person who uses this microscope too so it’s like a drivers car seat. You can never get it perfectly adjusted again
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sabotaging your workspace is worse than gay sexual harassment.   Ask them nicely.  Once.   To desist.   After that. It’s war.   Pull no punches.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:24:42 AM EDT
[#46]
I purchased a roll of the stickiest filament reinforced tape that matched the color of the b pillar trim and then proceeded to tape the doors of the guy's car shut.  

When the pranks didn't stop, I just set a can of Great Stuff on the roof.

The pranks stopped.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:24:46 AM EDT
[#47]
You do not present yourself in a manner that would preclude them fucking with you. Nothing personal but there appears to be a lack of respect.

I was a journeyman manual machinist for 12 1/2 years and I have another 12 years as an aerospace inspector.

If I left the QC area and somebody changed precision settings on a height gage or a bore gage or whatever we would have a problem. A big fucking problem.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:24:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Omg lol
View Quote

A customer suicided there once too. Shot himself. I was kinda reeling from seeing a dude die and next thing I know here come my coworkers with a mangled lead bullet with this substance on it.

"we found the bullet"

"look its still warm"

"omg what is that in the hollowpoint?"

One of them took their finger and dipped it in the gooey dark red substance in the hollowpoint and then put it in their mouth. "Omg its good!"

Lmao looking back thats fucking hilarious but boy was that a traumatic experience as a whole for me. They found a range bullet and put bbq sauce on it
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:26:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Bang their sons, that will teach them.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:28:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or a tiny dot of it on the nose piece of their safety glasses.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top