User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 6/13/2014 11:57:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TotalUnRecall]
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 4:28:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I have been taking the volume on flavors on the 15-20% range then doing the % on them that way.

I just broke it down a hair further.  All the calcs have just base % not in the volume set so you could go well above 20% easy.

A few flavors are really needed in the 20-25 but not many and would be enough to gag you.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 11:57:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 12:27:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Keith1980:

Like TFA Guava. The first time I made some I went a little high on the percentage....barf.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DocBull:
I have been taking the volume on flavors on the 15-20% range then doing the % on them that way.

I just broke it down a hair further.  All the calcs have just base % not in the volume set so you could go well above 20% easy.

A few flavors are really needed in the 20-25 but not many and would be enough to gag you.

Like TFA Guava. The first time I made some I went a little high on the percentage....barf.

Add TFA Kiwi Double to the list of easy to over use flavors
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 2:26:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I got a few tfa that moe than 1 drop per 30 ml is enough to DESTROY any flavors.
Coffee clear, double chocolate... the biggest bith of them all the kona coffee.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 12:32:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I finally got TFA Key Lime to work. I love lime but had never gotten this flavor to work ok in a juice. I'm just about through the fruit flavors from my last mix batch and had another attempt at a key lime juice left that was really nasty initially. Loaded it up just to get rid of it and wow, after about a week and a half steeping, the key lime flavor is awesome !  I guess this is an exception to the rule that fruit flavors don't need extended steeping.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:00:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:30:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I am dripping my first DIY juice into the nimbus right now. 80% VG 12mg with TFA strawberries and cream (20%). I made 5 ml as a tester on Friday. Wanted to let it steep a week, but got impatient and pulled it out today. Taste is really close to MBV moo juice, which is what I was hoping for.

Taste is great. I made another 30ml today. MBV is gonna miss my $20/week.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:34:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Is there alcohol in the Key Lime flavor?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jcatcg:
I finally got TFA Key Lime to work. I love lime but had never gotten this flavor to work ok in a juice. I'm just about through the fruit flavors from my last mix batch and had another attempt at a key lime juice left that was really nasty initially. Loaded it up just to get rid of it and wow, after about a week and a half steeping, the key lime flavor is awesome !  I guess this is an exception to the rule that fruit flavors don't need extended steeping.

Just looked it up and yepp:

Ingredients: Natural and Artificial Flavors, Propylene Glycol, Ethyl Alcohol, Vitamin E
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:16:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 1:29:34 AM EDT
[#10]

That's why. Make sure you leave the cap off so the alcohol can evaporate quicker, if you haven't already.
View All Quotes

Just looked it up and yepp:

Ingredients: Natural and Artificial Flavors, Propylene Glycol, Ethyl Alcohol, Vitamin E

That's why. Make sure you leave the cap off so the alcohol can evaporate quicker, if you haven't already.

Makes sense. Usually when a flavoring has alcohol in it, I can smell it when I open the flavor. I don't really smell alcohol in the Lime and didn't even think to check the vendor description for it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:33:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gonzo_beyondo] [#11]
After vaping down my sample of Gin with a twist of lime in one sitting,

I was really happy that I had TFA Lemon Lime in my order.

I've really come to like lemon lime flavors... but I wasn't sure about this.

Turns out the TFA flavoring has a great balance of lemon and lime to it. I love it.

It tastes very natural, like countrytime lemonade with some lime slices. Perfect IMO.

It's also very easy/friendly to make a good juice with it. Simply add more till you're happy.

I have a nice strong flavor without it being even close to too much.

It's also very similar to that Gin with a twist of lime sample I had.

So I'm pretty sure that was made with TFA...

What I lack is the "Gin", a sort of fizzy alcohol taste. I'd love to find how to make that happen...

but honestly, I'm quite content without it.

You guys ought to try this lemon lime from TFA.

Seriously good for summer vaping.

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:43:55 PM EDT
[#12]
I need to order a few things from TFA soon so I'll probably pick some up. Now that I know how to use the Key Lime, I can tell it's just begging for a bit of coconut.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 8:48:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 11:07:37 PM EDT
[#14]
TFA Raspberry is another flavor I've struggled with. I've gotten good juices with it but still have never completely captured the awesome smell out of the bottle. Just mixed up a new variation using it and I *think* I've figured out how to make it really pop but won't know for sure for a few more days when I evaluate the new juice.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 6:33:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 7:05:47 PM EDT
[#16]
It is the raspberry sweet that I have. I just came up with a recipe with it that is incredibly good. It's basically raspberry with a touch of strawberry for body and a touch of cranberry for tartness. Both those additions really compliment the raspberry and make it pop a lot more for me.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 8:11:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TotalUnRecall] [#17]
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 9:48:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jcatcg] [#18]
10% TFA Raspberry Sweet
4% TFA Strawberry
6% TFA Cranberry
1% TFA Koolada
(optional) 1% Menthol

I think Blackberry would be good in this but it won't taste the same at all. The Cranberry is very tart and not very sweet.

This recipe is very reminiscent of Hawk Sauce, although a bit different.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 2:34:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Found this deal on a cheap label maker. It's $9.99.  I paid twice that for it last week. Works great for labeling juice.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/659236/DYMO-LabelManager-160-Label-Maker-Handheld/?cm_mmc=Affiliates-_-CJ-_-1122587-_-11272891
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 5:47:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 5:52:54 PM EDT
[#21]
How do the labels those make hold up to water?
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 6:01:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 6:31:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Was just curious. I usually mix up 5+ flavors at a time in glass so I'd like labels that can stand up to the hot water bath afterwards. So far, the best thing I've found is to print labels on plain paper, cut 'em out then use packing tape to mount 'em on the bottles. This holds up reasonably well even if a little water seeps under the tape, but it's time consuming.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 6:31:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 6:36:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 7:11:39 PM EDT
[#26]
My labels stay on glass in the ultrasonic cleaner with no problems. They come off plastic. I put a piece of scotch tape on the plastic ones. By the time they come out of the cleaner, the tape has come loose, but the label stays on.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 7:20:12 PM EDT
[#27]
I ordered some flavoring from MBV last week. To my surprise, they required almost no steeping. I made up some 80% VG 12mg hawk sauce and moo juice at 20% flavoring. 3 hours in the ultrasonic and it tastes almost identical to juice from MBV. The flavoring does seem a little weak though. I am going to steep a couple more bottles for a week and see if it helps the flavor. If not, I'll up the percentage to 25.
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 1:10:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 1:30:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 2:21:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 2:21:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Agreed, on the smaller syringes. You can never have too many 1ml syringes. If you're mixing up a bunch of flavors at once, it's a complete pita to stop and go wash syringes between flavors.

Link Posted: 6/26/2014 4:32:41 PM EDT
[#32]
And large needles for the VG
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 5:08:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 2:24:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Here is something I've been trying to get right for weeks...welcome to any adjustment anyone makes and think it might help.  

Serving size 10ml give or take.  6mg of nic

7ml vg

1ml of 60mg/ml (100% vg)

1.5 ml Bavarian cream

.5ml banana cream

.5 ml vanilla swirl

Decent right after making.

I'm also experimenting with vanilla custard with Graham cracker and banana.

Link Posted: 6/27/2014 10:49:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 10:51:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GreenM4Guy] [#36]
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 11:19:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 11:35:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By GreenM4Guy:
Thanks for all the tips so far, my nic + flavors should be here early next week.

Where are you guys all getting your custard/cream flavors from?  

Damn near all the ones from TFA contain Acetoin. Am i missing something?
View Quote

You're not missing anything. It's a matter of personal choice. I try not to use anything containing Acetoin. The Flavor Art vaping line flavors supposedly don't contain Acetoin. I use primarily TFA flavors but for stuff known to contain Acetoin, I try to find FA equivalents. Here's where I get my FA stuff.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 5:38:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 10:03:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Gonna try this as I have all those flavors

I need a banana puddin recipe
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 9:12:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Woot!!! I just came damn close to a clone of Deadly Sin. Tastes fuckin fantastic!!!! It's not dead on but close enough. I was impatient so I dripped a little. Maybe with steeping it might be closer. Either way it is a keeper!!

All TFA

15%Vanilla Custard
7% Cinnamon Danish
2% Pie Crust

View Quote

That Deadly sin is so good. I go back and forth between Deadly Sin and Thug juice. On that deadly sin I get a hit of caramel, do you get it too?
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 11:49:37 AM EDT
[#42]

Woot!!! I just came damn close to a clone of Deadly Sin. Tastes fuckin fantastic!!!! It's not dead on but close enough. I was impatient so I dripped a little. Maybe with steeping it might be closer. Either way it is a keeper!!

All TFA

15%Vanilla Custard

7% Cinnamon Danish

2% Pie Crust

View Quote

also, what nic level do you run?

What size does this make also, and ml of each flavor?

Link Posted: 6/28/2014 4:00:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 4:07:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 7:57:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Hello fellow vaped crusaders!

I've been vaping for a little more than a year and have gone from the Blu ecigs, to cheap starter kits, to better tank setups, and now have a mechanical mod.

I have a King mod using a Panasonic 3200 MaH battery and a tosh 3 post Atty atomizer.

I am tired of paying ridiculous prices for juices. I am comfortable with DIY stuff and chemistry, cooking, etc., and have no doubt I can blend my own juices. However, I am on information overload right now and have no idea where to begin.

I hope I can tell you what I'm trying to accomplish and you can point me in the right direction.

I want to blend 6mg juices in 30ml bottles. I am pretty plain on flavors, I like tobacco flavors as well as crisp, cool flavors. I don't like sweet stuff.

I like blowing big clouds, but still like a little throat punch. I would same I am more of a cloud chaser though. I am experimenting with wire and wick setups and haven't quite figured out what works best for me yet.

I need to know what blend of PG/VG I should work with as well as well as what I need to buy to get started. Recipes for 6mg in 30ml bottles would be appreciated.

Please help me get started. Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 10:18:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 6:07:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Towely] [#47]
Do I really need all of this shit? I mean it seems a few syringes you can measure with and a few 30ml containers and you're good to go. Suck out what you need into the syringe and right into your container. Get it all in and mix it in your container and you're all set?

Am i missing something?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 6:16:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Towely:
Do I really need all of this shit? I mean it seems a few syringes you can measure with and a few 30ml containers and you're good to go. Suck out what you need into the syringe and right into your container. Get it all in and mix it in your container and you're all set?

Am i missing something?

View Quote

Really, the only hardware you NEED is some bottles to mix in and syringes. You'll want at least a couple larger gauge needles for working with VG (you do not want to try using small gauge needles with those). The smaller gauge work better for flavorings, nic and PG.

The rest is optional, although something like a crock pot to kick start the steeping process is real nice.

Don't underestimate the number of syringes to get though. You'll want a syringe for each flavor you're using. Say you mix up 4 juices with an average of three flavorings each, that's 12 syringes right there, plus your syringes for VG, nic and PG. You'll also want some syringes larger than 1 ml. It's no fun measuring out 22 ml or something in 1 ml syringes. It's also a real pita to stop and wash syringes in the middle of a mix session.

Some larger amber bottles are useful as well if you mix from a base. I like to mix up a couple 240ml bottles of 25/75/3mg base for all my juices so when I mix, I only have to add base and flavorings and not get into my PG/VG/nic every time.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 6:24:52 PM EDT
[#49]
What's the scoop on premixed nicotine. I can get a liter of premixed in 50/50 for 33 bucks. Doesn't seem like a bad price compared to 15 bucks for 30ml of juice I've been paying.

I'm a bit of a cloud chaser though so I was thinking of going 100% VG and getting some PG to mix it with to get my 70/30 mix, then using nic levels to achieve the throat hit.

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 6:45:21 PM EDT
[#50]
I haven't used any of the premixed nic bases so I can't really comment on 'em.

If you go heavy VG understand that you likely won't be using it in tanks as it usually doesn't wick well enough. I prefer heavy VG myself because I think it tastes better, but even with 5% saline added, it's still too thick for any of my tanks.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top