Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/17/2018 6:27:48 PM EDT
Saw two of them today with one drive almost running a Subaru driver off the road.

Anyways the front looks nice with the intergrated turn signals and running lights.

Anyone get one?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:29:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Pics? Or do I have to Google it?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:52:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Really,  that’s the one thing I hate about the new ones.  That and the bumper.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:53:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:54:00 PM EDT
[#4]
They do look cool.

As far as Jeep goes for me though, never again!
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:54:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:57:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Yuck

What's the point anyway?

Don't Wrangler people always take all the stock shit off and replace it with ridiculous aftermarket crap?

Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:58:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought one about a month ago. I love it.  I’ve wanted one for years. .

ETA Good to see the haters popped into the thread just to voice their negativity on something they don’t care about.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:59:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 7:03:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I saw one last week on the dunes at Silver Lake. Thought it looked pretty nice. I'm glad FCA hasn't fucked it up
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 7:05:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I like the Jeeps, but I don't like what they want for them.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 7:07:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks good but I wonder if it introduced complexity coat to the mugguard/wheel well and bump aftermarket cost as well.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 7:11:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a JL.  I hate the integrated blinkers.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 7:15:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Meh, not really a fan of the bumper and fenders. Grill is ok, as is the hood. Rockguards need to go too. JMO. To be fair, I ended up swapping all that stuff out on my 13 JK anyway
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 7:22:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Not a real jeep.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 7:24:14 PM EDT
[#15]
I put led headlights and taillights in my jeep tj, probably the best mods I’ve ever done. It’s like driving a bmw it lights up the night.

Stock compared to the led. Top half of the led is low beam bottom is high beam.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 7:26:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
They do look cool.

View Quote
Same here, I have owned two and that was enough.  Mine didn't cost $60,000 or whatever insane price they have now either.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 7:26:38 PM EDT
[#17]
I looked at a 4 door Sport yesterday. Nothing fancy. $41k sticker.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 7:28:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yuck

What's the point anyway?

Don't Wrangler people always take all the stock shit off and replace it with ridiculous aftermarket crap?

http://htccommunity.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Used-Jeep-Wrangler-Unlimited-4-Door-19-On-Wow-Inspirational-Home-Designing-with-Used-Jeep-Wrangler-Unlimited-4-Door.jpg
View Quote
Where is the snorkel kit?  Isn't that the first accessory for a wrangler before you can be seen driving it in the whole foods parking lot?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 7:29:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 7:31:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I put led headlights and taillights in my jeep tj, probably the best mods I've ever done. It's like driving a bmw it lights up the night.

http://pic100.picturetrail.com:80/VOL351/7575719/21312193/413853501.jpg
View Quote
I've been blinded by a lot of aftermarket led housings.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 7:31:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Where is the snorkel kit?  Isn't that the first accessory for a wrangler before you can be seen driving it in the whole foods parking lot?
View Quote
Lights before lockers bruh
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:00:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Same here, I have owned two and that was enough.  Mine didn't cost $60,000 or whatever insane price they have now either.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They do look cool.

Buncha nancy boys don’t deserve a jeep.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:02:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They do look cool.

Judging by the fact that you say the JL isn't a real Jeep, you'd probably think my Grand Cherokee might as well be a Town & Country.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:03:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I looked at a 4 door Sport yesterday. Nothing fancy. $41k sticker.
View Quote
Mine was 37k otd.  Too much for a wrangler but im still hoping to get 2 years of trouble free miles out of it
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:07:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Judging by the fact that you say the JL isn't a real Jeep, you'd probably think my Grand Cherokee might as well be a Town & Country.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They do look cool.

You are correct sir. I’m not even sure what that is.

Just to clarify, they only made real jeeps from 2004-2006.

#originalunlimited
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:08:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It’s the only way.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:10:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They do look cool.

Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:16:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Classic XJ ftw.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:16:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They do look cool.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f4/e3/31/f4e331de393d6e1ffaadf01bfbbecc3e.jpg
I’ve pulled a later generation Cherokee on street tires out of a marshy area on a pipeline. It didn’t even have recovery points. “But it says it’s trail rated.”
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:01:22 PM EDT
[#30]
I see a lot of girls driving those and butch lesbians.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:02:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I put led headlights and taillights in my jeep tj, probably the best mods I’ve ever done. It’s like driving a bmw it lights up the night.

View Quote
And probably blinds everyone else since the housing wasnt designed for led bulbs. That seems to be a popular mod around here with people who own Jeeps and it is terribly annoying.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:05:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
And probably blinds everyone else since the housing wasnt designed for led bulbs. That seems to be a popular mod around here with people who own Jeeps and it is terribly annoying.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I put led headlights and taillights in my jeep tj, probably the best mods I've ever done. It's like driving a bmw it lights up the night.

That's a TJ. The only way you're swapping any headlights in those is replacing the whole housing. They are the old style all one piece glass.

Regarding the new JL fenders... it's going to suck a little more ripping those off on a tree.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:36:19 PM EDT
[#33]
WTF? LEDs and turn signals on blue jeans?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:42:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Another Jeep thread, another rash of posts from jealous non Jeep owners.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:45:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
No one is jealous of the JL. No. One.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:51:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Bumpers and fender flares seem to be the first thing to go on these things. No you got to dick with lights. Tube bumpers/fenders are no longer a bolt on deal.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:54:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TJs like all jeeps before use regular glass headlights. @Ef4life looks like he replaced his with trucklite LEDs, which are factory produced DOT rated replacements. Only blinding would be from poor aiming.

JK uses plastic housings, but mounting is the same as the former glass lights. So the plastic housings can be replaced as the old ones. Or they can have crappy HID conversions or eBay lights installed to blind, like anything else.

The trucklites or JWspeaker LED replacements are excellent and put a ton of light right where it needs to be in a legal package.

ETA: I had a set of the trucklites sitting in the garage before I bought a Jeep, they’re that good and the stockers are that bad. Replaced within 8 hours of owning it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:53:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

You are correct sir. I’m not even sure what that is.

Just to clarify, they only made real jeeps from 2004-2006.
 1944-1986
#originalunlimited
View Quote
FIFY.

I currently have a CJ7. Had a JKU and sold it................ and regret it. It's like anything else, it evolves. The JL is growing on me. My JKU was extremely capable. And it was nice doing a run and being VERY comfortable. The Feds are screwing up Jeeps, just like every other vehicle, Jeep did a nice job of meeting the requirements placed on them an keeping (somewhat) true to the brand.  The Rubicon is a nice package.

2004 to 2006 when the Unlimited was made, THAT was a nice Jeep. I want one still....... I have too much onto my CJ to ever let it go though. 5.3, 4L60E, Currie, ARB, etc.....

ETA 100!!
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:56:56 PM EDT
[#39]
My vacuum stopped working so I slapped a jeep emblem on it and it sux again.  It's now rug rated.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 12:24:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
JLs are actually pretty sweet for what they are. Basically less shitty JKs.

Agree with the 04-06 LJ poster above though. The LJ Rubi was the greatest factory Jeep yet made. I'll be hunting for one of my own next year.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 12:36:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 12:48:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
TJs like all jeeps before use regular glass headlights. @Ef4life looks like he replaced his with trucklite LEDs, which are factory produced DOT rated replacements. Only blinding would be from poor aiming.

JK uses plastic housings, but mounting is the same as the former glass lights. So the plastic housings can be replaced as the old ones. Or they can have crappy HID conversions or eBay lights installed to blind, like anything else.

The trucklites or JWspeaker LED replacements are excellent and put a ton of light right where it needs to be in a legal package.

ETA: I had a set of the trucklites sitting in the garage before I bought a Jeep, they’re that good and the stockers are that bad. Replaced within 8 hours of owning it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not trucklite but quadratec. They do not blind traffic like crappy hid retrofit kits. My jeep is not lifted sky high and I aimed them properly.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 1:22:36 AM EDT
[#44]
I thought you were talking about pants, it sounded like a good idea. On the fenders looks ghey.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 12:36:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The JL is a pretty decent upgrade to the JK.  The 8 speed trans is heaven.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 12:44:22 AM EDT
[#46]
I have the 'ol crappy JK, but I still love the mall and have LEDs everywhere!

Link Posted: 8/19/2018 12:46:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Haha what are turn signals?

Link Posted: 8/19/2018 12:47:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I have the 'ol crappy JK, but I still love the mall and have LEDs everywhere!

https://s5.postimg.cc/z5waa0cav/3_E5_F1225-_E3_AC-4637-92_EE-_A7657400_F4_A2.jpg
View Quote
Nice.  My new DV8 stubby bumper gets here tuesday.  Buying the winch tomorrow.  I swear i'm not putting a single LED light on until I get at least a front locker though.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 12:50:16 AM EDT
[#49]
One day I'll get me a flat fender.  One day.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 12:50:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Nice.

I pretty much learned to drive on one of these, and learned to drive a stick in one.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top