Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2021 10:32:57 PM EDT
I am an early adopter of the new Stirling razor.
I have delicate skin and a heavy beard. Not a good combo.
Stirling advertises this razor as having an aggressive head.
In fact, 2 head are available-aggressive and Hyper-aggressive.
I got both.
I ordered the Austin handle.

This is, indeed an aggressive razor.
I'm using Israeli Crystal platinum coated blades which are perfect in my Merkur 34 long handle.

They are a bit much with the aggressive head on the Stirling for me.
That said, I really like this razor.
It must be respected but gives a close clean shave with my combo of Stirling Electric Sheep mixed with Arko.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 12:59:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Just looked it up.  Looks like a decent razor.  I have my late brothers vintage razor collection, and have thought about trying one of them.  He said they gave the best shave.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 1:00:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Spleenless-Dave] [#2]
Double post
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 4:43:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I have been jonesing for one. Saving up my reward points to help defray the cost. One more order and I should be getting one.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 10:21:58 PM EDT
[#4]
It is a beautiful thing. Well-crafted.
I do wish they made a less aggressive head though.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 11:09:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KiowaCreekRaider:
It is a beautiful thing. Well-crafted.
I do wish they made a less aggressive head though.
View Quote

From the looks of it from the pictures I have seen the aggressive head with all that blade exposure is just a skip away from basically being a straight razor. I still want one.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 10:12:35 PM EDT
[#6]
You are lucky OP. I heard they will not be making any more of them.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 1:47:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I was able to pick up both heads and two handles last month. I guess enough people bugging him persuaded Rod to release the ones that were made OCONUS without their knowledge. They heads had the "Made in America" ground off but otherwise unaltered.

I can say that I really love the shave I get from the hyper aggressive head. The Less aggressive one I find for my face to seem way more aggressive for some reason. It leaves a way more irritated face afterwards...I have tried different as well as the same blades in them.

I can say that at first I did have the angle a bit off and was nicking myself all over. It took me a couple of times to get it right, but now if I want a close one pass shave I grab this setup.

I was right...it is just shy of being a straight razor and if you are not experienced with a DE then this is one you want to try after you get the hang of the whole process.  

Still if they have them available grab one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top