Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 12:56:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Josey Wales: Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 1:04:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is a gunfight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJMxGFco57Y

Ed
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
This is a gunfight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJMxGFco57Y

Ed
AND
Quoted:
post made by some one who has obviously never seen The Wild Bunch
The finest final shootout in the history of cinema...
...but I'm biased.

"Silver Rings"
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 1:15:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I remember when they were filming The Unforgiven. I lived just a few miles away.

Great movie. It's even better without commercials.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 1:24:48 PM EDT
[#4]
never seen it. its good you say? is it from mel brooks? cause if its not then its not good.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 1:39:24 PM EDT
[#5]
No one's going to say the ~20 minute Normandy Beach scene at the beginning of SPR? 'Cause that's some harrowing cinema, even if the subsequent storyline about the """Rangers""" was silly.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 1:39:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Some people need to reread the OP.

It's not the finest shootout finale of all time...its the finest cinema of all time.  

Unforgiven is not an action movie.  If that is all you like, you won't like it.  It's a drama and it's perfect.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 2:08:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Some people need to reread the OP.
Done

It's not the finest shootout finale of all time...its the finest cinema of all time.  
I stand by my posting and this criteria.

Unforgiven The Wild Bunch is not an action movie.  If that is all you like, you won't like it.  It's a drama and it's perfect.  
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 3:22:43 PM EDT
[#8]
You know, the final shootout in "Way of the Gun" was pretty awesome.  "Unforgiven" was coiled tension with a sudden almost orgasmic release of savage violence.  "Way of the Gun" was a ballet with a pas de deux of laughs and pain.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 3:32:54 PM EDT
[#9]
"That's right. I killed women and children. Killed everything that walks or crawls at one time or another...and I'm here to kill you, Little Bill. For what you done to Ned! You boys better clear out of there.."

Best lines of the movie. Every character in the bar, everyone that talked up a storm and thought themselves powerful or mean were suddenly confronted with the real gunslinger. And they all shit themselves
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 3:34:04 PM EDT
[#10]
"Pick up that rifle.. Pick it up."

Great show.  One of my top 5 films to watch.

Love the character development and how it all wraps up, mostly.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 4:13:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Last of the Mohicans is probably my favorite ending.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 6:05:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Not a western, but Man on Fire with Denzel Washington was very similar.

Both of these are in my top ten.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 6:13:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Unforgiven for the western genre and Gran Torino for the urban genre were perfect pictures for Eastwood to wrap up his acting career.

He needs one last great film to wrap up his directing credit something on the Spanish Civil War could be brilliant. Homage to his Spaghetti western Days.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 6:14:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Not a western, but Man on Fire with Denzel Washington was very similar.

Both of these are in my top ten.
View Quote
No cowboys, but it was a Western.

Still, my vote goes to Last of the Mohicans.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 6:23:34 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't remember a single thing about that movie.  You guys would love Godless on Netflix.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 6:26:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Great flick! Think I’ll watch it tonight.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 6:35:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Unforgivens last portion is definitely good but I prefer Open Range.  Its got some great dialogue.  I really like the build up to the end showdown and especially the General store scene where Robert Duvall's character buys some dark chocolate and cuban cigars.  Gotta enjoy some extravagent imports before death comes a knockin'.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 7:25:48 PM EDT
[#18]
the 23+ minutes in the movie KICK ASS starting when red mist shoots hitgirl out of the window and big daddy and kick ass are strapped to chairs to be tortured live streaming via the internet and going all the way to the end where elvis is playing and kick ass is skewering bad guys from mini-guns mounted on a jet pack is one of the most epic progressions in all cinematic history.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 7:37:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 7:41:29 PM EDT
[#20]
I loved the line about something like "I've killed women and children and just about everything that walks or crawls at one time or another, and I'm here to kill you, little Bill."
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:02:46 PM EDT
[#21]
The last few minutes of "Unforgiven" and "Open Range" both contain some of the absolute best western genre entertainment one could ever hope for.

Where the movie "Tombstone" shines is a continuous display of character acting and one-liners that will stand the test of time.

All three of these movies are at the very top of the heap of epic westerns.

Also, there's something I always liked about "Once Upon a Time in the West" as one of the all time best.  It might hold the record for one of the coolest opening scenes for a western movie.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:07:00 PM EDT
[#22]
When Will is sick and on deaths bed, he tells Ned, "Please don't ever tell my children what I've done.  Don't tell anyone!"

He's tortured by his exploits.

Unlike everyone else.

When asked by the Kid about shooting two deputies, he says he can't recall.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:10:37 PM EDT
[#23]
"You better bury Ned right... Better not cut up, nor otherwise harm no whores... or I'll come back and kill every one of you sons of bitches"
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:23:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
One of my favorite things about Unforgiven, compared to all other movies, is how all the gunslingers are telling stories about what bad and dangerous men they are.

Their reputations are build on their own legends and lies.

William Munny out of Missouri has done everything in his power to not be the Legend anymore.

He and his partner talk about that in the campfire scene.  "We"re not like that any more.  I'm just an ordinary man!"

Hes trying to convince himself that hes not the bad man any more.  His wife had cured him of all that.

In reality, he truly is the only gunman where the legend was more truth than lies.

Everyone else was a poser.  Will was the real deal, and the last gunfight showed what he could do when finally pushed back into the bottle.

Love it.

It gets better every time I see it.
View Quote
Excellent summation!
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top