Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2022 9:46:19 PM EDT
Several issues to ponder:

Will the GOP takeover of at least the House, and maybe (please Lord) the Senate have a positive effect, no effect, or negative effect on the stock market?  I can't see a negative effect, so that leaves positive or none.  Discuss.

Has the market already priced in the GOP victory, but the outlook is still bleak resulting in the choppiness we see now?

If it hasn't yet priced in the victory, when will it happen?  Monday?

If a GOP victory isn't enough to settle the market, what will it take?  A new POTUS in 2024?

BTW, the term "stagflation" is now being openly mentioned by the MSM.  This does not bode well for our beloved Brandon.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 9:56:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Short term maybe, but with FJB still in nothing major will happen.

How exactly are Rs going to keep the fed from raising rates and or not giving out free money?
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:01:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Short term maybe, but with FJB still in nothing major will happen.

How exactly are Rs going to keep the fed from raising rates and or not giving out free money?
View Quote

They will write the budget to include or exclude big budget items.  This COULD have a positive effect on the market, if the GOP is smart about it.  IOW, don't count on it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:02:44 PM EDT
[#3]
If the GOP wins they need to immediately shut down the government until 2025.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:04:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Meh, the stock market needed this pullback. It had been historically over-valued for several years, driven by P/E expansion, not underlying fundamentals. This is just a reversion to the mean.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:08:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Meh, the stock market needed this pullback. It had been historically over-valued for several years, driven by P/E expansion, not underlying fundamentals. This is just a reversion to the mean.
View Quote

Agree 100%.  But, it will eventually turn around.  Will the midterms be the catalyst?  If yes, when?
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:09:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I think the recession will hit hard after the election and they'll try and hang it on republicans going into 2024
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:10:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Agree 100%.  But, it will eventually turn around.  Will the midterms be the catalyst?  If yes, when?
View Quote

They just finally acknowledged that we are in a "soft recession", we haven't seen the worse of it yet. You're probably talking years before it gets back.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:11:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I think the recession will hit hard after the election and they'll try and hang it on republicans going into 2024
View Quote

Some pundits are saying we're in it.  Timing is bad for the Dems.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:13:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Some pundits are saying we're in it.  Timing is bad for the Dems.
View Quote

Just getting started. I'm just waiting for Rs to raise taxes to help pay for all the spending. Since they're supposed to be the fiscally responsible ones.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:15:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Just getting started. I'm just waiting for Rs to raise taxes to help pay for all the spending. Since they're supposed to be the fiscally responsible ones.
View Quote

Raising taxes is a non-starter.  I haven't heard anyone, except a few loony Ds, even coming near that issue.

Not even Trump would have dared that.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:18:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Several issues to ponder:

Will the GOP takeover of at least the House, and maybe (please Lord) the Senate have a positive effect, no effect, or negative effect on the stock market?  I can't see a negative effect, so that leaves positive or none.  Discuss.

Has the market already priced in the GOP victory, but the outlook is still bleak resulting in the choppiness we see now?

If it hasn't yet priced in the victory, when will it happen?  Monday?

If a GOP victory isn't enough to settle the market, what will it take?  A new POTUS in 2024?

BTW, the term "stagflation" is now being openly mentioned by the MSM.  This does not bode well for our beloved Brandon.
View Quote

I put maybe, honestly I think we are fucked for a minute with all the inflation and shit that has now come to bite us in the ass.  I think we will be better off but all the policies that got us here took years.  It will not be undone by one midterm election cycle.  

It will take someone to put their foot down and open up the gas in the US, then stop funding stupid shit.  They are making it worse that it will be already with the current administration.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 3:31:39 AM EDT
[#12]
And don't forget the predicted 2nd coming of covid.  It'll hit hard in November I'm sure.

President Joe Biden warned on Tuesday that the US would eventually face another pandemic and said the country must start preparing for it.

"We do need more money," he said at a White House press conference when asked about getting Congress to fund COVID-19 vaccines for infants and toddlers.

"We need more more money" Printing press go B-r-r-r-r-r
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top