Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/16/2021 1:15:34 PM EDT
I started hoarding during the plandemic. I went from 200 to 20,000 between 223/556, 300BLK, 22LR, and 45ACP. I probably won’t ever shoot it all and don’t want to sell unless I’m making 50-100% over March-June cost.

The only thing that would make this funnier was if I was 350lbs and so out of shape I couldn’t go up a flight of stairs.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:17:26 PM EDT
[#1]
It's nice to feel smug about your ammo stash.

It's irritating to see newer shooters not be able to shoot.

Such is life

Speed
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:18:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What are you talking about, the current shortage is because of asshats who keep hoarding all the ammo for themselves.
View Quote

This!

Fuckers that couldn't make it up a flight of stairs sitting on 100k rounds that will wind up being disposed of when they pass in a few years.

View Quote

Haha saw these today
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:18:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Same guys who whine about ammo blow money on dumb shit, while the wise bought a case of ammo on the regular.

Enjoy it morons.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:19:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:19:42 PM EDT
[#5]
(Removed, CoC #6. -40xb)
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:20:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Bragging about a 20k 'stash' is hillarious.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:22:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been getting into my stash of .22lr more lately. But I hoarded around 100k rds of it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:23:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for letting us know.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:23:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Rookie numbers OP.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:23:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Jokes on you. You can't move it all. You won't survive a firefight that uses even three mags worth. The newly weaponized EPA will declare lead ammo a health hazard and you won't be able to shoot it anywhere
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:24:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I started hoarding during the plandemic. I went from 200 to 20,000 between 223/556, 300BLK, 22LR, and 45ACP. I probably won’t ever shoot it all and don’t want to sell unless I’m making 50-100% over March-June cost.

The only thing that would make this funnier was if I was 350lbs and so out of shape I couldn’t go up a flight of stairs
View Quote

Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:24:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Jokes on you. You can't move it all. You won't survive a firefight that uses even three mags worth. The newly weaponized EPA will declare lead ammo a health hazard and you won't be able to shoot it anywhere
View Quote
You think most people hoard ammo to shoot it?  That's adorable.

You can move 20K rounds in half the bed of a 1/2 ton pickup truck.  You could move that in the trunk/back seat of a sedan if you really wanted to.

It's not a lot.  At all.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:25:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The only thing that would make this funnier was if I was 350lbs and so out of shape I couldn’t go up a flight of stairs.
View Quote

Two thoughts:

1. You were woefully unprepared

2. You should start going to the range more often

20K rounds is pathetically small for a lifetime ammo fort

That’s a couple years with of shooting maximum.  Much less for the really serious shooters.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:25:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Same guys who whine about ammo blow money on dumb shit, while the wise bought a case of ammo on the regular.

Enjoy it morons.
View Quote
Yep

I find and buy ammo every week, I have a $800 monthly budget for guns, ammo etc.

For what I spend on ammo now I could by a upper and the same amount ammo in March.

Wife laughs and said you could have a new truck if you didn't buy so much gun stuff.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:26:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Once again why would you share that on the internet
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:26:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Found a poors....
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:26:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

And the ATF will declare more than 10 rounds to be an explosive hazard.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:27:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.
View Quote

You serious Clark? While the OPs post was douche....go travel around the world and wonder why no one else is fat....even with bad knees.  Give me a break.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:27:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Once again why would you share that on the internet
View Quote

Cause its bullshit.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:28:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Found a poors....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Found a poors....

Wat?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:28:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
If it was a single caliber yes, he'll I have over 20k in 22lr alone.

Problem is between me and my sons we shot 6k of 9mm last year and it's been expensive replacing it.

Kids don't shoot my ammo anymore, they have jobs and can buy their own.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:29:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sucks for new shooters.  I've probably got more 5.56, .308 and 22 rf than I'll ever shoot and I've got a decent amount of 9 mm.  What I didn't stock up on was 45 ACP, 45 LC and 300BLK.  I've got probably 200 rounds of the former and none of the latter.  

Interests shifted a couple of years ago and I stopped shooting, and really wasn't paying attention to the market and I should have been.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:29:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You serious Clark? While the OPs post was douche....go travel around the world and wonder why no one else is fat....even with bad knees.  Give me a break.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We got one!
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:29:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You can move 20K rounds in half the bed of a 1/2 ton pickup truck.  You could move that in the trunk/back seat of a sedan if you really wanted to.

It's not a lot.  At all.
View Quote

I meant more like you can't move 20k on your person.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:30:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Yep

I find and buy ammo every week, I have a $800 monthly budget for guns, ammo etc.

For what I spend on ammo now I could by a upper and the same amount ammo in March.

Wife laughs and said you could have a new truck if you didn't buy so much gun stuff.

View Quote

Nothing wrong with old trucks.   I like old trucks, and I like guns and ammo.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:30:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Especially when you toss on 22lr lol
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:31:01 PM EDT
[#27]
So OP waited for prices to get retarded before stockpiling? Uhhh...smart

I think the main reason new shooters "can't" get ammo to shoot is because they don't know where to find it. Big chain stores have little to none, but the small LGS's around here all have at least something in most common calibers. I can still pick up a box here and there when I go by one, even if it's more expensive than it used to be; the gun industry is feast or famine so I don't really blame them. Even online vendors have it if you look at some of those that aren't posted here as go-to's as often.

Then again I have about 15 different calibers on hand so I may not be feeling it as bad as those who "consolidate" down to 12ga/9mm/5.56.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:31:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're not on here much, huh?

That's famous Arfcom copypasta
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:31:32 PM EDT
[#29]
I don't think being able to complain about current prices and having a stash are mutually exclusive. You can have some ammo on and and still not like where prices are right now. Or maybe that's just me.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:31:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

How do people still fall for this?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:31:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well, again, most people don't "horde" ammo to shoot it.  Some do for sure but....most people that horde gold and silver don't buy a lot of it to wear 4000 rings and necklaces all at once either.

They buy it low and sell it high, it's a commodity....that you can use some of if you have to.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:32:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not a lot.  At all.

I understand what you meant.  

You're shtf stash better be mobile.

This may be a fishing experiment.   I think study hard is a junior gman.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:32:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Well.... I bought $30,000 worth of toilet paper and imitation crab meat!
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:33:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

We're a society of intellectually underdeveloped cry babies.
They want something, in a particular price range. Since they can't have it large fits will be pitched

Who cares about the complicated reason for the shortage, thinking is for losers.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:34:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:34:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Found a poors....
View Quote

I don't give a fuck what the guy spends his money on.

If you look at it logically though, if one had 20k, the best use of it would be to shoot it up in structured training right now. As a civilian, there's basically no scenario conceivable where you'd either get into or survive a firefight that lasted more than 90 rounds.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:34:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

It's not a lot.  At all.
View Quote
20k of 556 is about 25 ammo cans. three people can load that up in 15 mins.

In the military a M4 Range for a company was 30-40k rds, me and my ammo detail could load that in a HMMWV in a few mins.

I moved over 40k in ammo when I retired in the back of Tahoe.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:35:24 PM EDT
[#38]
I won’t divulge into what I currently have on hand, but while it might be a lot to most people, it’s not enough for me to go shooting regularly like I want to.

I often get asked to go shooting with people. I ask if they have ammo, they never do.

I’ll certainly get to use the Dillon 650 this year. I have been buying raw components and complete cartridges (thanks buck19delta) whenever it was stupid cheap. I always gave friends links to great deals and they never seemed interested.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:36:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It's not a lot.  At all.
View Quote
Yup, 20 ammo cans.  I have one by my desk right now with 1380 rounds in it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:36:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Read OP, thought about join date, looked over.

Was not disappointed.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:36:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
I love a classic
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:36:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Weird,  those dont go over my head often.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:37:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Rookie numbers OP. You should be panicking.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:37:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Most of it is probably .22.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:37:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

How do people still fall for this?
View Quote

With a 2004 join date too. Wait until he learns about NUT COAL and 3-for-free
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:37:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:38:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Sucks for new shooters.  I've probably got more 5.56, .308 and 22 rf than I'll ever shoot and I've got a decent amount of 9 mm.  What I didn't stock up on was 45 ACP, 45 LC and 300BLK.  I've got probably 200 rounds of the former and none of the latter.  

Interests shifted a couple of years ago and I stopped shooting, and really wasn't paying attention to the market and I should have been.
View Quote
It is, even worse talking to someone that bought 1k of 556 and they say it will last forever
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:38:12 PM EDT
[#48]
I don't have anything nice to say about the OP.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:38:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:40:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Nothing wrong with old trucks.   I like old trucks, and I like guns and ammo.  
View Quote
Yep

Told my wife I can go buy a new truck anytime I want, ammo not so much.

Worse case I sell all my ammo and pay cash for a new truck.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top