Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2019 9:02:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 5:02:16 PM EDT
[#1]
It sounds like the practice isn't in conformity with their code and they need to fix the code to continue the practice.

Personally, I agree that the man must take his obligations on the VSL he uses. Otherwise, his obligations are meaningless.  Since Freemasonry is "Speculative" there can be much discussion as to if that is what was, are should be, allowed.  But this is not the place for that discussion.

I have a serious problem when multiple VSL cohabitate the alter.  Many are in serious conflict with the others.  Stacking them together, in my opinion, forces all the Brethren to be in agreement with the precepts contained in each.  This is the reason I haven't joined a wonderful Masonic organization.  In good conscience I can't do it.
Link Posted: 11/10/2019 11:56:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Once again, lets exclude even more good men from attending or joining.

Real bright.
Link Posted: 11/10/2019 12:20:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 7:30:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 9:30:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
iirc in alabama the holy bible MUST be on the alter and other VSL's are allowed as appropriate for work or members.
View Quote
This also here in Georgia. When I sat in the East I had a visitor that happened to be Jewish. We investigated him and welcomed him into the Lodge.  I was talking to him before I opened and asked if he had a copy of his VSL. He looked at me perplexed and said as a matter of fact he did.  He excused himself to his car and brought back a copy of the Torah. We placed it next to the Bible and preceded to open lodge.  Afterwards he pulled me aside and said that was the first time in over 20 years of visiting lodges that he was ever extended the courtesy of having his VSL on the Alter.  I also had several members of my Lodge question why I would have done that.  The next meeting I made sure to pay the craft their wages due with a short talk on VSL protocol.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 12:06:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I have no idea what I had had gotten on here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top