Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 5:13:27 PM EDT
[#1]
the real race is that of securing support from alien technologies and pitting them against our foes.

we've got to ply the visitors with free streaming movies and mikes hard lemonade to win them over.

Because Peking Duck and orange chicken is mighty tempting.

Link Posted: 6/17/2022 5:15:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
the real race is that of securing support from alien technologies and pitting them against our foes.

we've got to ply the visitors with free streaming movies and mikes hard lemonade to win them over.

Because Peking Duck and orange chicken is mighty tempting.

View Quote

That’s why the arctic became so important
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 11:18:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I badly want a Abe Simpson “a little from column A and a little from column B” gif but I just haven’t made one yet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Chinese military advancements are concerning. They are America's biggest near-peer or actual peer military threat in the world. Whatever gap there is with the U.S., they are closing it quickly."

"China has some quality problems with certain high technology parts, critical indusrial processes, and systems. They also have some cultural/corruption problems similar to Russia's that limit how good their military actually is, or how effective their latest weapons really are."

"The US Military, Intelligence services, Defense Contractors, and Congress all have a long-running habit of intentionally overestimating our enemies military capabilities to keep the money rolling in."

The issue is that all three of these things can be true at the same time. They are not mutually exclusive.

The actual reality of a situation can be complicated at times

I badly want a Abe Simpson “a little from column A and a little from column B” gif but I just haven’t made one yet.

@CarmelBytheSea

Link Posted: 6/17/2022 11:26:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

@CarmelBytheSea

https://i.imgur.com/78yI3jS.gif
View Quote

Grandpa Simpson ‘Hot Diggity’ | The Simpsons Catchphrase
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 11:46:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm sure they do between the J-20 and the "F-60" or whatever they're calling the F-35 knockoff. Wouldn't surprise me if they have a couple of Su-57 samples too.

What I do doubt is their ability to field a significant number of any of them in an area that is strategically relevant.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 12:21:02 AM EDT
[#6]
The F35:and F22 have been around awhile. China has a lot of America trained engineers. Sure China shouldn't have a chance of competiting with us when it comes to fighter jets but let's be realistic. There not total incompatants. If we just sit and let time pass they are going to catch up. As for the scenerio being compared to USSR in the 1980's. Yes it was known the USSR had junk. There junk had been shredded in plenty of wars. The catch is Europe was just plain weak and they had a lot if that just. There was a danger the USSR could of overun Europe before American reinforcements got there. Then once the USSR had Europe they had Europe technology.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top