Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM

The Official Bourbon Thread (Page 180 of 184)

Previous Page
/ 184
Next Page
8/2/2026 1:51:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't decide if I like the 12 or 107 better.

Good problem to have.
8/2/2026 3:02:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quote History
Originally Posted By corwin1968:
Scored another "I'm not looking for it, but I'll buy it if I see one" bottle. Never tried this one, so I'm looking forward to it.

 ETA:  The neck pour on this is far better than Special Reserve, Antique 107 and Full Proof neck pours.  If it improves with time, like those did, I may have a new staple for my bourbon cabinet.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/42575/Weller_12_jpg-3804968.JPG


View Quote

I love W12. If it was more readily available I'd make it a daily drinker.
Proud supporter of Team Ranstad
Tennessee Squire and Maker's Mark Ambassador
"Every time a Garand ejects its clip an angel gets its wings." RIP, I-M-A-WMD
8/2/2026 3:06:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: leemozoid][Edited] [#3]
Local bourbon "buddy" went to Colorado and hit the Weller mother lode. I should have a Single Barrel in hand in a week or so. Price was over MSRP but well under secondary market.

ETA he hit up some more stores on his way back to Oklahoma. He was able to snag a CYPB for me. Weller rainbow will soon be complete.

Proud supporter of Team Ranstad
Tennessee Squire and Maker's Mark Ambassador
"Every time a Garand ejects its clip an angel gets its wings." RIP, I-M-A-WMD
8/2/2026 11:51:34 PM EDT
[#4]


Cheers gents
Luke 2:14

8/3/2026 6:26:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Attached File

It’s still a work in progress, but it’s turned out to be a nice addition to the room.
8/3/2026 8:42:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Collision01:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/120229/IMG_2857_jpeg-3805389.JPG
It’s still a work in progress, but it’s turned out to be a nice addition to the room.
View Quote


Looks great!

Very similar to my liquor cabinet. Mine started out as a gun cabinet. When I bought a safe the gun cabinet became a china cabinet for a long time but about a year ago we rearranged a lot of furniture and it became a liquor cabinet.

Attached File
8/3/2026 8:26:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quote History
View Quote

I didn't like the first pour I had from this bottle. I let it rest for a week and revisited. It was much improved.

Proud supporter of Team Ranstad
Tennessee Squire and Maker's Mark Ambassador
"Every time a Garand ejects its clip an angel gets its wings." RIP, I-M-A-WMD
8/3/2026 8:29:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Sadly, a local bourbon drinker got a medical diagnosis that is not compatible with drinking. I took a few of his bottles off his hands. I've never seen anything except the regular Benchmark in Oklahoma so I'm excited to try these two iterations. I'm also a big fan of EC Private Barrels so this one at 11 years old and 115 proof should not disappoint. I also consider the OF 100 proof to be one of the better bottom shelfers out there.

Proud supporter of Team Ranstad
Tennessee Squire and Maker's Mark Ambassador
"Every time a Garand ejects its clip an angel gets its wings." RIP, I-M-A-WMD
8/3/2026 10:08:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I finally tried the EH Taylor bottled in bond.
Honestly is is pretty harsh, especially compared to the JD bonded.
I like to sip whiskey and this seems more suited to mixing with Coke.
Getting old ain’t for sissies.
8/3/2026 10:13:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quote History
Originally Posted By pepperbelly:
I finally tried the EH Taylor bottled in bond.
Honestly is is pretty harsh, especially compared to the JD bonded.
I like to sip whiskey and this seems more suited to mixing with Coke.
View Quote

Try a couple of drops of water. Also let it sit opened for a week and revisit. Sometimes exposure to O2 will help.
Proud supporter of Team Ranstad
Tennessee Squire and Maker's Mark Ambassador
"Every time a Garand ejects its clip an angel gets its wings." RIP, I-M-A-WMD
8/4/2026 2:16:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pepperbelly][Edited] [#11]
Quote History
Originally Posted By leemozoid:

Try a couple of drops of water. Also let it sit opened for a week and revisit. Sometimes exposure to O2 will help.
View Quote



I will try that.
It is 100 proof but so was the Jack Daniels bonded. It was really smooth.
Getting old ain’t for sissies.
8/4/2026 8:12:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quote History
Originally Posted By leemozoid:

Try a couple of drops of water. Also let it sit opened for a week and revisit. Sometimes exposure to O2 will help.
View Quote


Never heard of that....I'm going to try it!
8/4/2026 3:48:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JLed81][Edited] [#13]
Quote History
Originally Posted By leemozoid:
Sadly, a local bourbon drinker got a medical diagnosis that is not compatible with drinking. I took a few of his bottles off his hands. I've never seen anything except the regular Benchmark in Oklahoma so I'm excited to try these two iterations. I'm also a big fan of EC Private Barrels so this one at 11 years old and 115 proof should not disappoint. I also consider the OF 100 proof to be one of the better bottom shelfers out there.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/246093/7754-3805758.jpg
View Quote



We must be in some of the same OK groups. I saw that same EC bottle it was tempting. Whiskey Cabinet in Edmond has a 10 year EC toasted pick @ 128.8 proof.

Picked these two up last week.

8/4/2026 6:10:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quote History
Originally Posted By leemozoid:
Local bourbon "buddy" went to Colorado and hit the Weller mother lode. I should have a Single Barrel in hand in a week or so. Price was over MSRP but well under secondary market.

ETA he hit up some more stores on his way back to Oklahoma. He was able to snag a CYPB for me. Weller rainbow will soon be complete.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/246093/7743-3805035.png
View Quote


Excellent score!

Fun having the full pack.  I need another SB in my life, just to have one to actually open.
8/4/2026 6:11:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quote History
Originally Posted By TN-MadDog:


Looks great!

Very similar to my liquor cabinet. Mine started out as a gun cabinet. When I bought a safe the gun cabinet became a china cabinet for a long time but about a year ago we rearranged a lot of furniture and it became a liquor cabinet.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/35314/IMG_3438_jpeg-3805420.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By TN-MadDog:
Originally Posted By Collision01:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/120229/IMG_2857_jpeg-3805389.JPG
It’s still a work in progress, but it’s turned out to be a nice addition to the room.


Looks great!

Very similar to my liquor cabinet. Mine started out as a gun cabinet. When I bought a safe the gun cabinet became a china cabinet for a long time but about a year ago we rearranged a lot of furniture and it became a liquor cabinet.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/35314/IMG_3438_jpeg-3805420.JPG



Far better than the wire bourbon shelf I have most of my stuff on in the basement with bungee cord retainers so shit won’t fall off
8/4/2026 7:22:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Stumbled on this…outside my budget

Attached File
8/4/2026 7:31:27 PM EDT
[#17]
I finally found a second bottle of OWA, for some reason I couldn't open the first bottle since I knew I couldn't easily replace it. So now the question is do I open the screw top or the cork top?
8/4/2026 7:48:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quote History
Originally Posted By pepperbelly:



I will try that.
It is 109 proof but so was the Jack Daniels bonded. It was really smooth.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By pepperbelly:
Originally Posted By leemozoid:

Try a couple of drops of water. Also let it sit opened for a week and revisit. Sometimes exposure to O2 will help.



I will try that.
It is 109 proof but so was the Jack Daniels bonded. It was really smooth.

BiB are always bottled at 100 proof. Part of the 1897 Bottle in Bond act.
Proud supporter of Team Ranstad
Tennessee Squire and Maker's Mark Ambassador
"Every time a Garand ejects its clip an angel gets its wings." RIP, I-M-A-WMD
8/4/2026 7:49:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quote History
Originally Posted By JLed81:



We must be in some of the same OK groups. I saw that same EC bottle it was tempting. Whiskey Cabinet in Edmond has a 10 year EC toasted pick @ 128.8 proof.

Picked these two up last week.

https://i.imgur.com/EW4k6oG.jpeg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By JLed81:
Originally Posted By leemozoid:
Sadly, a local bourbon drinker got a medical diagnosis that is not compatible with drinking. I took a few of his bottles off his hands. I've never seen anything except the regular Benchmark in Oklahoma so I'm excited to try these two iterations. I'm also a big fan of EC Private Barrels so this one at 11 years old and 115 proof should not disappoint. I also consider the OF 100 proof to be one of the better bottom shelfers out there.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/246093/7754-3805758.jpg



We must be in some of the same OK groups. I saw that same EC bottle it was tempting. Whiskey Cabinet in Edmond has a 10 year EC toasted pick @ 128.8 proof.

Picked these two up last week.

https://i.imgur.com/EW4k6oG.jpeg

Nice. It was either Oklahoma Bourbon Drinkers or Oklahoma City Whiskey Society. He may have x-posted.
Proud supporter of Team Ranstad
Tennessee Squire and Maker's Mark Ambassador
"Every time a Garand ejects its clip an angel gets its wings." RIP, I-M-A-WMD
8/5/2026 12:53:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Quote History
Originally Posted By leemozoid:

I didn't like the first pour I had from this bottle. I let it rest for a week and revisited. It was much improved.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/toast_gif-994.gif
View Quote


I got it at MSRP at a grocery store, thought it was a good pour for the price.
Luke 2:14

8/5/2026 1:32:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Recent score at a shop I don't get by a lot, pretty long drive. I may go by more often, IDK.

You can joust at windmills with that old Fender guitar. Probably do about the same.
8/5/2026 5:54:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quote History
Originally Posted By leemozoid:

BiB are always bottled at 100 proof. Part of the 1897 Bottle in Bond act.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By leemozoid:
Originally Posted By pepperbelly:
Originally Posted By leemozoid:

Try a couple of drops of water. Also let it sit opened for a week and revisit. Sometimes exposure to O2 will help.



I will try that.
It is 109 proof but so was the Jack Daniels bonded. It was really smooth.

BiB are always bottled at 100 proof. Part of the 1897 Bottle in Bond act.


I fat fingered the keyboard. Both are 100 proof.
Getting old ain’t for sissies.
8/5/2026 6:18:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Picked up this year's release. I have the previous three bottles and every one hasn't disappointed. Looking forward to popping this.
Attached File


8/5/2026 7:30:44 PM EDT
[#24]
If you post a cool, rare, or allocated bottle that you purchase, then could you please share the price?

8/5/2026 7:35:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quote History
Originally Posted By steelworker:
If you post a cool, rare, or allocated bottle that you purchase, then could you please share the price?

View Quote


Absolutely
8/5/2026 9:19:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quote History
Originally Posted By RamblinWreck:
Recent score at a shop I don't get by a lot, pretty long drive. I may go by more often, IDK.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/631/likka0726_JPEG-3806325.jpg
View Quote

Solid. Big fan of the OF7 after it rests for a few days after opening. The WFP needs a couple of drops of water to open up the flavors. Congrats!

Proud supporter of Team Ranstad
Tennessee Squire and Maker's Mark Ambassador
"Every time a Garand ejects its clip an angel gets its wings." RIP, I-M-A-WMD
8/5/2026 9:22:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: leemozoid][Edited] [#27]
Quote History
Originally Posted By steelworker:
If you post a cool, rare, or allocated bottle that you purchase, then could you please share the price?

View Quote

Sure.

WFP was $80-90. ER was $50-70. Blanton's Gold was $165. EHT SmB was 70.







Proud supporter of Team Ranstad
Tennessee Squire and Maker's Mark Ambassador
"Every time a Garand ejects its clip an angel gets its wings." RIP, I-M-A-WMD
8/6/2026 11:35:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Popped a new bottle of Blanton's today...

When faced with crisis, the man of character falls back on himself.
8/7/2026 11:39:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Random score this morning.

JJB at 59.99

Bookers getting blown out at costco for 49.99

Attached File
8/7/2026 12:06:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Marksman14:
Random score this morning.

JJB at 59.99

Bookers getting blown out at costco for 49.99

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/6045/IMG_4269_jpeg-3807417.JPG
View Quote


Alot of guys saying that is the best Bookers since 2020ish. Might have to swing by my Costco and see if they are selling for that price.
8/7/2026 2:42:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quote History
Originally Posted By mad_mardigan:


Alot of guys saying that is the best Bookers since 2020ish. Might have to swing by my Costco and see if they are selling for that price.
View Quote


I've been reading similar as well.

I may have to go snag a few more.
8/7/2026 3:22:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Decided to open 1 of the 2 bottles of Buffalo Trace's Single Oak Project I picked up a while back. The cork broke off and started to disintegrate, so I had to strain it into a mason jar. Kind of a pricey bottle to drink out of a jar like some shine but here we are. It's pretty good.

Attached File

Attached File


Wife and I will be spending next weekend in Frankfort, KY so hopefully BT can make it up to me by having some decent allocated bottles available.
8/7/2026 10:42:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Saker13:
If you are in the Madison, AL area, Costco had a pallet of Kirkland Bottled in Bond this afternoon.  $41 for a 1L bottle of Barton's BIB.
View Quote
FWIW, they still had some today.  Love this stuff for the price, but I'm in an allocation state.
Who, What, Where? Call Sign, Snowball
8/8/2026 1:23:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Another AZ Walmart this morning.

8/8/2026 3:25:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quote History
Originally Posted By cat-mechanic:
Another AZ Walmart this morning.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48955/IMG_2228-3807909.jpg
View Quote

I need more friends in Arizona!
Proud supporter of Team Ranstad
Tennessee Squire and Maker's Mark Ambassador
"Every time a Garand ejects its clip an angel gets its wings." RIP, I-M-A-WMD
8/8/2026 3:29:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: leemozoid][Edited] [#36]
A bourbon "buddy" muled the CYPB and WSB from Colorado last week. I picked them up from him today. I also went to an allocation sale at a local store today. All of the Wellers were gone when I got there but I did grab an ER (overpriced at $60 but unobtanium around here) and the Blanton's Gold (bargain priced at $125 - normally in the $150 range). It was a good bourbon day.

Proud supporter of Team Ranstad
Tennessee Squire and Maker's Mark Ambassador
"Every time a Garand ejects its clip an angel gets its wings." RIP, I-M-A-WMD
8/8/2026 3:52:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quote History
Originally Posted By leemozoid:
A bourbon "buddy" muled the CYPB and WSB from Colorado last week. I picked them up from him today. I also went to an allocation sale at a local store today. All of the Wellers were gone when I got there but I did grab an ER (overpriced at $60 but unobtanium around here) and the Blanton's Gold (bargain priced at $125 - normally in the $150 range). It was a good bourbon day.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/246093/7824-3807983.jpg
View Quote
Nice!

The CYPB and Single Barrel are the only ones I don't have and I don't really expect to ever get them at a reasonable price.  I wasn't hunting the Full Proof and 12 year when I found them, just nice chance occurances.
French Press coffee is best coffee.
8/8/2026 4:04:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quote History
Originally Posted By leemozoid:
A bourbon "buddy" muled the CYPB and WSB from Colorado last week. I picked them up from him today. I also went to an allocation sale at a local store today. All of the Wellers were gone when I got there but I did grab an ER (overpriced at $60 but unobtanium around here) and the Blanton's Gold (bargain priced at $125 - normally in the $150 range). It was a good bourbon day.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/246093/7824-3807983.jpg
View Quote


Glad you got one!!!!!
8/8/2026 5:55:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quote History
Originally Posted By leemozoid:
A bourbon "buddy" muled the CYPB and WSB from Colorado last week. I picked them up from him today. I also went to an allocation sale at a local store today. All of the Wellers were gone when I got there but I did grab an ER (overpriced at $60 but unobtanium around here) and the Blanton's Gold (bargain priced at $125 - normally in the $150 range). It was a good bourbon day.

Attached File
View Quote

How bad of a cook do you have to be to not have one, but two fire extinguishers ready at the stove?
Psalm 144:1 Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Callsign: "Nub"
8/8/2026 6:21:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Abominable:

How bad of a cook do you have to be to not have one, but two fire extinguishers ready at the stove?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By Abominable:
Originally Posted By leemozoid:
A bourbon "buddy" muled the CYPB and WSB from Colorado last week. I picked them up from him today. I also went to an allocation sale at a local store today. All of the Wellers were gone when I got there but I did grab an ER (overpriced at $60 but unobtanium around here) and the Blanton's Gold (bargain priced at $125 - normally in the $150 range). It was a good bourbon day.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/246093/7824-3807983.jpg

How bad of a cook do you have to be to not have one, but two fire extinguishers ready at the stove?

Two is one and one is none. One is Halon for the serious SHTF.
Proud supporter of Team Ranstad
Tennessee Squire and Maker's Mark Ambassador
"Every time a Garand ejects its clip an angel gets its wings." RIP, I-M-A-WMD
8/8/2026 7:09:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Abominable:

How bad of a cook do you have to be to not have one, but two fire extinguishers ready at the stove?
View Quote


Thats like commenting on the wallpaper behind a pic a chick with a great rack
8/8/2026 10:01:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Marksman14:


Thats like commenting on the wallpaper behind a pic a chick with a great rack
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By Marksman14:
Originally Posted By Abominable:

How bad of a cook do you have to be to not have one, but two fire extinguishers ready at the stove?


Thats like commenting on the wallpaper behind a pic a chick with a great rack

Proud supporter of Team Ranstad
Tennessee Squire and Maker's Mark Ambassador
"Every time a Garand ejects its clip an angel gets its wings." RIP, I-M-A-WMD
8/8/2026 10:01:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Proud supporter of Team Ranstad
Tennessee Squire and Maker's Mark Ambassador
"Every time a Garand ejects its clip an angel gets its wings." RIP, I-M-A-WMD
8/8/2026 10:42:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Anyone tried Single Oak? Got some on the way.Attached File
8/8/2026 10:48:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Tango-22:
Anyone tried Single Oak? Got some on the way.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/328407/IMG_0582_jpeg-3808331.JPG
View Quote


Tons of them available at BT at the gift shop, and they weren’t touched.

Reviews from places I tend to agree with indicated it wasn’t worth the price.
8/8/2026 10:55:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Marksman14:


Tons of them available at BT at the gift shop, and they weren’t touched.

Reviews from places I tend to agree with indicated it wasn’t worth the price.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By Marksman14:
Originally Posted By Tango-22:
Anyone tried Single Oak? Got some on the way.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/328407/IMG_0582_jpeg-3808331.JPG


Tons of them available at BT at the gift shop, and they weren’t touched.

Reviews from places I tend to agree with indicated it wasn’t worth the price.

That’s where this is coming from. Picking up some red Weller as well.
8/8/2026 11:06:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Tango-22:

That’s where this is coming from. Picking up some red Weller as well.
View Quote


Yeah I’d snag the 107 before the single oak all day every day.

They were available on one shelf every day when I was there.  Didn’t look like staff touched them and I can’t recall seeing anyone actually grab one. Again, read the reviews, it’s a good bit of money for a 375 that doesn’t review well.
8/8/2026 11:15:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quote History
View Quote
Damn I'm missing the Orange and White.


Attached File

Been enjoying this since yesterday. $50 at the local hole in the wall
8/8/2026 11:40:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Quote History
Originally Posted By ChuckD05:
Damn I'm missing the Orange and White.


https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/215078/IMG_4488_jpeg-3808348.JPG
Been enjoying this since yesterday. $50 at the local hole in the wall
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By ChuckD05:
Damn I'm missing the Orange and White.


https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/215078/IMG_4488_jpeg-3808348.JPG
Been enjoying this since yesterday. $50 at the local hole in the wall

That's a good bottle!
Proud supporter of Team Ranstad
Tennessee Squire and Maker's Mark Ambassador
"Every time a Garand ejects its clip an angel gets its wings." RIP, I-M-A-WMD
8/9/2026 1:18:05 AM EDT
[#50]


Cheers gents
Luke 2:14

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 184
Next Page

The Official Bourbon Thread (Page 180 of 184)