BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 10:06:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Probably good advise at some point : Although it likely would be a group effort thing.  My Bro in law is a Prosecutor (Different Township)  I was cleared a year ago of any Criminal activity or Criminal negligence :  They can't go after me for the same thing twice :

That's the issue with Hilary being cleared once. Double Jeopardy is illegal .

The Township can't enforce a Zoning ordinance on me and yet allow everyone else to skate : They can change the Zoning : However I am being told by My Bro-in-Law that requires a process. They can't just change it . After all as I said . We have over 2 square miles of State land right across the Street. People shoot in there constantly. They hunt there as well. So an attoney would be split among residents against the zoning change : If we even get to that

I was advised to put up cameras : That's what I am doing :
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
At this point you should, at the very least, talk to a lawyer and have him/her on retainer.
Probably good advise at some point : Although it likely would be a group effort thing.  My Bro in law is a Prosecutor (Different Township)  I was cleared a year ago of any Criminal activity or Criminal negligence :  They can't go after me for the same thing twice :

The Township can't enforce a Zoning ordinance on me and yet allow everyone else to skate : They can change the Zoning : However I am being told by My Bro-in-Law that requires a process. They can't just change it . After all as I said . We have over 2 square miles of State land right across the Street. People shoot in there constantly. They hunt there as well. So an attoney would be split among residents against the zoning change : If we even get to that

I was advised to put up cameras : That's what I am doing :
They can't go after you for the same offense. But they could come after you if they thought you did it again. It's not like you're protected from ever being prosecuted for A because you were cleared of A in the past. If you commit A after being cleared, or if you are accused of a new instance of A, then it's a whole new circus.

ie. OJ can't go murder someone now with impunity because he was acquitted in the past.

ETA: also, having the charges dropped isn't the same as being tried and acquitted or having the charges dropped with prejudice. You aren't considered legally "in jeopardy" until there is a trial. So if the charges were dismissed at arraignment, then you're still able to be charged for that incident as long as the statute of limitations haven't expired.

It looks like there were never even any charges filed and you weren't arrested. They simply "stopped investigating" since their investigation so far hadn't provided any evidence of criminal behavior that could result in charges. Closing the case isn't the same thing as being cleared, and it surely isn't the same as being acquitted. There is nothing in what you've said so far that indicates a reopening of the case in light of new evidence and subsequent prosecution would constitute "double jeopardy".
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 12:10:02 PM EDT
[#2]
No I agree : That's why I am getting or have gotten camera's to record everything including Sound :
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 12:31:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
…..As I stated earlier : When he pressed Crimminal charges his case was found to be without merit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
…..As I stated earlier : When he pressed Crimminal charges his case was found to be without merit.
The State files criminal charges, not a private citizen.

....I won my case...
So you went to trial and a judge or jury rendered a verdict?

Quoted:
 I was cleared a year ago of any Criminal activity or Criminal negligence
"Cleared"? Did you go to trial? f not, you weren't "cleared".
Investigations occur all the time without charges, but that doesn't mean the same as being cleared, innocent or not guilty.

They can't go after me for the same thing twice :
Double Jeopardy doesn't attach until you actually go to trial.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 1:12:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
How about I just out-smart the guy : I found 2 articles that both say to accurately check decibel pressure which is how sound is measured . The equipment can range $3000.00-over 1 million dollar. Cheap decibel units only measure sound and not sound pressure :  A sound pressure calculator shows that a Gun Shot at 160DB SPL leaving the gun : Drops to 70.46 DSPL at 30 yards away from the source . At 80 yards away Which is what his house measures from the edge of my property : It drops to 60.41 DSPL . The Letter I was sent says 89.61 DSPL . So I called our Township Attorney who signed the letter I was sent >

After sending her a copy via email of what I found in print. She responded with It appears you are within the Guidelines for day time Shooting . I would suggest you purchase a recording device in case the issue of after dark shooting comes up in the future : So for now Looks like I beat him at his own game.   I would assume She had looked into this herself. Because she seemed to agree with me.
PLUS:
I know for a fact he used a cell phone . I've seen him out there with it. Just didn't know what he was doing.   Almost every time I shoot . He runs out to the property and I thought video taping me. It appears he was recording me .

I also went and put my phone on a tree branch . Roughly 70 yards away. And shot twice : Using a Meter on I phone : First shot recorded 280 DB  The 2nd was 20 DB  How  can you trust that ??  I am sure he doesn't have other equipment or i'd have seen it. Plus the commissioner already told me as well as the township they were using his say so on the DB levels
View Quote
Are you shooting hot 10MM???
For reference... 248dB Atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Japan, August 6th & 9th, 1945. Total disintegration of 16 square miles, wind was around 300 miles per hour, destroyed 28” thick concrete walls at 1 mile distance. Leaving a crater 633 feet wide and 80 feet deep.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 1:53:47 PM EDT
[#5]
set his house on fire
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 5:07:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
set his house on fire
View Quote
Finally some real legal advice...

OP, I’d be going scorched earth by all legal means possible. Make him change his mind about wanting to mess with you because like my dad used to say, “it ain’t no fun when the rabbits got the gun”.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 8:47:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Finally some real legal advice...

OP, I’d be going scorched earth by all legal means possible. Make him change his mind about wanting to mess with you because like my dad used to say, “it ain’t no fun when the rabbits got the gun”.
View Quote
Someone who keeps bearing false witness burns down his own house.

Member : deerranger Gave me some great info. Which I have already used by showing it to the Township's Commissioner . Who at least seems to be in My Camp. I also called their bluff at the Tuesday Meeting :

They can't just change Zoning laws on a whim.  The info I received from deerranger's comment lead me to find something else , which was not understood before. I'm being told The Township Attorney says I'm correct.  I'm not the Scientific data is :

I owe deerranger  a Big thanks :
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 10:05:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Stop playing defense and go on offense.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 10:10:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Yeah you may want to follow his advice and get a lawyer as your understanding of law is not correct.

DJ applies to the same crime. It also only applies to trials in the same jurisdiction. They can open as many investigations for the same crime as they want. And since you shooting is ongoing, so can their charges.

Quoted:
Hillary can still be investigated, indicted and charged. and DJ is unconstitutional as per 5A.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 8:35:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Offense ?? Like what ??
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 9:21:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Offense ?? Like what ??
View Quote
When I had a shit head neighbor grossly exaggerating if not full blown fabricating shit about my dog I started blatantly taking pictures and video of their own dogs barking and off leash in their only partially fenced in yard. The old guy next door was nearly as pissed as I and was coming over to tell me every time they did anything that was an ordinance violation for me to document such as blowing yard waste in the street and stacking wood on the ground (it needs to be off the ground). I quite blatantly took pictures and video. I never called the cops but their harassment ceased and they moved not long after thank god. A very nice gay couple moved in and I couldn't be more happy lol. Having shit head neighbors sucks. I'm really not sure why after several years of living here they decided to start that shit only to move. Some people are just shit heads. I also don't think they expected the cops to tell us who it was calling. I don't know if that helps your issue but that's my story
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 9:55:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Offense ?? Like what ??
View Quote
Restraining orders, complaints, etc.  whatever is legal and available.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 10:49:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Hillary was never charged/acquitted, so double jeopardy isn't an issue.

Just FYI.

Oh! And shitty neighbors be shitty. Good luck, OP.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 11:08:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
When I had a shit head neighbor grossly exaggerating if not full blown fabricating shit about my dog I started blatantly taking pictures and video of their own dogs barking and off leash in their only partially fenced in yard. The old guy next door was nearly as pissed as I and was coming over to tell me every time they did anything that was an ordinance violation for me to document such as blowing yard waste in the street and stacking wood on the ground (it needs to be off the ground). I quite blatantly took pictures and video. I never called the cops but their harassment ceased and they moved not long after thank god. A very nice gay couple moved in and I couldn't be more happy lol. Having shit head neighbors sucks. I'm really not sure why after several years of living here they decided to start that shit only to move. Some people are just shit heads. I also don't think they expected the cops to tell us who it was calling. I don't know if that helps your issue but that's my story
View Quote
Just the opposite I had a nice straight couple with 2 little kids that grew to their teens before they moved : Then a Gay Guy )Neighbor from Hell(  Moved in . Thought he was straight for awhile because he referred to his partner as his wife; And he looks like a female from a distance:

Only thing I know for sure he's doing would be Burning oil :  The House has one of those burners that sets out back . When he uses It you can tell he burns oil to get it started : Neighbor on the other side confirmed that .  You'd have to observe him throwing a tantrum to get a clear picture what a baby he is .
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 11:37:16 AM EDT
[#15]
What is the orientation of the state land across the street in relation to the direction you shoot?  Is there any remote possibility someone sent a round from the state land towards his property and hit something, and he just assumed it was you?  I'd think that would have come up before but thought I would ask.  He's after you for a reason.  The answer I would want is why is he after you specifically?

I can't really offer much help here but I do wish you the best.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 11:40:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just the opposite I had a nice straight couple with 2 little kids that grew to their teens before they moved : Then a Gay Guy )Neighbor from Hell(  Moved in . Thought he was straight for awhile because he referred to his partner as his wife; And he looks like a female from a distance:

Only thing I know for sure he's doing would be Burning oil :  The House has one of those burners that sets out back . When he uses It you can tell he burns oil to get it started : Neighbor on the other side confirmed that .  You'd have to observe him throwing a tantrum to get a clear picture what a baby he is .
View Quote
Besides the Democrat yard signs, my "gheys" are pretty cool. They can certainly see my Gadsden flag and other stuff, I have to assume they know my political views aren't theirs but they've always been super friendly I've even gone over for BBQ ha. I'm sure our situations are not the same, no two are. I guess my advice is to look for what you can harass them about as petty as it is. You really have to lower yourself to their shithead level and that can be tough. Most of us want nothing to do with "the man". Just know I understand your pain ha. I'm laughing now but man that was a stressful couple months when that shit peaked for me
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 11:44:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Lwyer up. Sue for harrassment. Stress. Anxiety. Sleep deprivation et al
View Quote
Not just the neighbor.  Make your local PO and DA scared as shit when they hear your name.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 12:48:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Picky neighbors, LOL.
At my old house that I moved away from about 15 years ago, I had a neighbor call the police when I was shooting 'once'. She lived across the road and had just moved into the house. I assume she moved from the city and didn't know people shot guns in their yards.
The officer showed up and said they had a complaint of someone shooting guns. I was still outside shooting when he showed up. He talked about guns with me a few minutes and said he was just checking into the complaint. Before he left, he said he would let the neighbor know that shooting is legal and there is no reason to report it.
I live in a forested area now and the neighbors houses are probably a quarter of a mile apart. I shoot all the time as do the neighbors. Complaining about shooting around here would be laughable. If an officer showed up to check into gun shots around my house now, he would be hearing multiple gun shots in the distance as he rang the door bell.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 1:23:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
OP needs to get a black powder cannon.  Load that sucker up, point it toward the neighbor's place and . . .KA -BOOM!!!  That will give him something to bitch about.
View Quote
Higgens, from the old Magnum PI series.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 2:10:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Arfcom shoot event.

Make sure there are some fifty Cal’s there.

NFA is encouraged.

Invite local PD and Sheriffs Dept.

Turkey Shoots

Skeet practice.

Always advise local PD what is going on before the event so they can preemptively handle his complaints.

Remember the saying... Beatings will continue until morale improves.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 2:42:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Cameras on your house to sho exterior doors.

Get with the  prosecutors office and explain that you need all the records on the previous case, which will show repeatedly that the neighbor was lying or wrong.

Get a lawyer- sue for harassment.  This guy is beyond an ass.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 12:19:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Cameras on your house to sho exterior doors.

Get with the  prosecutors office and explain that you need all the records on the previous case, which will show repeatedly that the neighbor was lying or wrong.

Get a lawyer- sue for harassment.  This guy is beyond an ass.
View Quote
What could possibly be beyond and ass but a Hole because if it was before it would be S**t :)   Guy has mental problems :  He's out today cutting down all the little trees on the edge of his property > I looked at what he's done so far when he ran an errand. He's cutting right on the very property line : So technically 1/2 the tree is mine :) I'll just wait until he's done to mention it.

I have spoken to an attorney on one of those initial consultations :  The Noise Level stuff is not enforceable 1: He moved into an area that he's already admitted in police reports that he knew there would be local gun fire :  2:  It is not permanent noise or noise created after stipulated times of the day that allow the noise for everyone. 3: It's already been verified by a Range Professional that works for the state . (No danger is posed in the course of normal use to any resident) _Plus Property is posted warning of gun fire  .

All of which has been presented to the Township legal department and accepted as valid. So at this point all they could really do is produce video that shows me shooting before daylight or after Sunset.

The attorney told me while it would be wise for me to get cameras to protect myself. That to be prosecuted for shooting at night . It would have to be witnessed and recorded :

It cost me after the consultation $150.00 for him to send the findings and receive a reply back from the Township.

Plus I learned in the Process that 160 DB at the barrel is down to 70 DB 15 yards after leaving the barrel in any direction : Decibals of Sound force ,percussion, Power known as DB SPL.  SO I am below the 89 DB even if it were dark. Although we do have an ordinance for no shooting after dark.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 11:46:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
. He's cutting right on the very property line : So technically 1/2 the tree is mine :) I'll just wait until he's done to mention it.
View Quote
I'm not sure about your state but trees on the line belong equally to both parties and both parties have to mutually agree. A person caught illegally cutting timber is liable for 3X the value of the timber. Even though they're small they have value. Call your local CO and get his take... reverse this crap around on him.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 9:46:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I'm not sure about your state but trees on the line belong equally to both parties and both parties have to mutually agree. A person caught illegally cutting timber is liable for 3X the value of the timber. Even though they're small they have value. Call your local CO and get his take... reverse this crap around on him.
View Quote
I would Guess the Trees along property lines is the same everywhere.  I had an occurrence with the acreage on the other side :

We needed a rotten Tree taken down that was out by the road . It was right on the Property line. It was  a big tree. Easily 5 ft base. The Township sent a crew to remove it because of lines being in danger : They told me I could remove it but of I damaged lines I'd be responsible.  So I was forced to let the Township remove it at their inflated rate.

I thought I'd have to pay for all of it. Instead the township sent both of us a bill for 1/2 the cost each. I learned then how the laws read .

So I'm just going to wait a few days until he's done to say anything.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 10:06:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Get all your shooting buddies together.   Start having shooting parties at your place every week and be sure to make a huge effort to get local law enforcement to join in the fun, too.   What are they going to say when a third of your guests are uniformed officers?

Drive your neighbor out with non-stop gunfire!

This may actually be the only way to end the situation to your complete satisfaction.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 10:29:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Get all your shooting buddies together.   Start having shooting parties at your place every week and be sure to make a huge effort to get local law enforcement to join in the fun, too.   What are they going to say when a third of your guests are uniformed officers?

Drive your neighbor out with non-stop gunfire!

This may actually be the only way to end the situation to your complete satisfaction.
View Quote
I haven't elaborated how crazy this guy gets : Were I to do what you suggest . My dog would end up dead or worse I'd be forced to defend my life. Or damage might happen to My home.

This is a guy whose goal is to end all shooting in the area. He's already resorted to lying :   Doing what you suggested, like others have. Would only put the Township on his side :

Sadly what seems to be happening is the vast majority of local officials are liberals . Their all for turning some o the empty farms into POT factories : Their over-all goal like all liberals . Is to have everything their way.

At least for now they are abiding by the laws : The science supports me : Which is revenge in itself.

This guy is upset to the degree the Dems are Trump Won.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 2:14:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Double jeopardy applies to trial in a court.

Hilarity Clintoon has not been tried for anything.

Yet.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 2:33:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Lots and lots and lots and lots of tannerite.

I mean lots....Enough to shake the house lots.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 2:42:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Neighbor is cutting down trees...

Sounds like it is time to put up a fence.  Do it 5ft inside your property line then plant something like pyracantha on the side of the fence that faces his property.   You can trim it to sorta be hedge like, not fun, but even less fun for assholes wanting to get through the firebrush to get to your fence.

Do it for privacy concerns combined with a desire to beautify the neighborhood(pyracantha has lovely red berries).
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 4:05:22 PM EDT
[#30]
You're doing it wrong.

Learn to bump fire or get a machine gun.

Never concede your rights.

Txl
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 12:02:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Plant poison ivy, poison oak, and raspberries at the property line.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:14:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Tannerite FTMFW
View Quote
After much contemplation I wish to amend this recommendation.

1. Obtain Tannerite
2. Place in neighbors yard.
3. Sprinkle shell casings in the neighbors yard.
4. Shoot Tannerite whenever the hell you think it would aggravate neighbor the most.
5. Profit.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:13:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

After much contemplation I wish to amend this recommendation.

1. Obtain Tannerite
2. Place in neighbors yard.
3. Sprinkle shell casings in the neighbors yard.
4. Shoot Tannerite whenever the hell you think it would aggravate neighbor the most.
5. Profit.
View Quote
OH boy!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top