Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2021 12:20:35 PM EDT
This is the first topic on vaccinations that I have ever started on AR15.com and will probably be the last.  It's an essay by journalist Erica X Eisen focused on controversies about the smallpox vaccine that was discovered in a flash of insight by country doctor Edward Jenner in 1798.

This is in the public domain and was published on April 27 this year.  It came to my attention through a private family newsletter published by a distant cousin on my mother's side, with whom I share American ancestors back to the 1600s.

I note some obvious parallels between the talking points and conspiracy theories of anti-vaccine movements in the past, and of the present.  Also the politics of vaccines being pushed on the public, a significant fraction of whom have always been suspicious of the motives of government (and not without good reason.)

The essay is richly illustrated and a quick read.  I hope you enjoy reading it and that it provides food for open-minded thought.

https://publicdomainreview.org/essay/the-mark-of-the-beast-georgian-britains-anti-vaxxer-movement

Link Posted: 7/4/2021 12:28:37 PM EDT
[#1]
The Mark will be something willingly taken, signifying that you disavow God.  The vac isnt the Mark, but the things they are doing to promote a vax with such a low death rate scares me.  

From the article :

Living as we do at a time when the sudden emergence of a new virus has drastically altered the normal patterns of life, it can be difficult to imagine an environment where epidemic disease was the norm. Prior to the advent of vaccination, smallpox was widespread, deadly, and all but untreatable given the state of medical knowledge at the time. Roughly one third of those who contracted smallpox did not survive; those who did often bore grim reminders of the disease for the rest of their lives.
(End)

Last I checked , this doesnt do that, meaning there is something else that is pushing for the vax.  Compliance , at the least, all the way to something sinister.  Who knows what, the imagination runs wild.  

My .02, the comparison of the Mark to the vax is an invalid one, but what they have done for this, things they have discussed (mandatory vax , vax passports etc) ARE things that lead to the Mark.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 12:34:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Mark will be something willingly taken, signifying that you disavow God.  The vac isnt the Mark, but the things they are doing to promote a vax with such a low death rate scares me.  

My .02, the comparison of the Mark to the vax is an invalid one, but what they have done for this, things they have discussed (mandatory vax , vax passports etc) ARE things that lead to the Mark.
View Quote

This is exactly right.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 12:35:28 PM EDT
[#3]
FPNI like a sledgehammer between the eyes.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 12:36:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I got the damn vax and didn't get a mark and would refuse it if I was told I was required to get a mark.  

Small Pox left a mark and people would rather have that mark than the disease.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 12:40:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

"...Prior to the advent of vaccination, smallpox was widespread, deadly, and all but untreatable given the state of medical knowledge at the time. Roughly one third of those who contracted smallpox did not survive; those who did often bore grim reminders of the disease for the rest of their lives."
(End)

Last I checked , this doesnt do that, meaning there is something else that is pushing for the vax.  Compliance , at the least, all the way to something sinister.  Who knows what, the imagination runs wild.  

View Quote

A lot of things in life have improved in the last 200 years.  The fatality rate for COVID-19 gets stated as various figures all the time, but for people over age 80 (like my mother) it's much higher than most other common infectious diseases.  The difference between that and the fatality rate for smallpox in the 18th century for the general population is more quantitative than qualitative in my view - COVID-19 has killed and maimed a lot of people, cut short and damaged many lives.

I think "the imagination runs wild" has a lot to do with contemporary fears, both of COVID-19 itself and of the vaccines that have clearly reduced its spread and effects, at least in the near term.

ETA even though I am apostate I don't see how taking a vaccine developed by Man in any way disavows God.  Did God not give us the intelligence and talents to develop the vaccines (or maybe even the virus?)
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 12:43:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I got the damn vax and didn't get a mark and would refuse it if I was told I was required to get a mark.  

Small Pox left a mark and people would rather have that mark than the disease.
View Quote

Did you skip out of the line leading to the tattoo tent?
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 12:53:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

A lot of things in life have improved in the last 200 years.  The fatality rate for COVID-19 gets stated as various figures all the time, but for people over age 80 (like my mother) it's much higher than most other common infectious diseases.  The difference between that and the fatality rate for smallpox in the 18th century for the general population is more quantitative than qualitative in my view - COVID-19 has killed and maimed a lot of people, cut short and damaged many lives.

I think "the imagination runs wild" has a lot to do with contemporary fears, both of COVID-19 itself and of the vaccines that have clearly reduced its spread and effects, at least in the near term.

ETA even though I am apostate I don't see how taking a vaccine developed by Man in any way disavows God.  Did God not give us the intelligence and talents to develop the vaccines (or maybe even the virus?)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"...Prior to the advent of vaccination, smallpox was widespread, deadly, and all but untreatable given the state of medical knowledge at the time. Roughly one third of those who contracted smallpox did not survive; those who did often bore grim reminders of the disease for the rest of their lives."
(End)

Taking a vax doesnt disavow God, by taking the Mark you are disavowing God.  The Mark, 666, will show that you believe in self over God, that you are god and are rejecting Him.  Taking the vax isnt saying this, but the things they have discussed related to taking the vax v being un vax’d is scary similar to how people will be treated on taking the Mark v rejecting it.  

As far as a vax vs treatments (Ivermetican,  etc), it is readily apparent there are readily available treatments ready and in the market already.  And as far as the vax, the ‘new’ variant, is already showing that a vax isnt helping.  

<—— lost both of my parents to covid in December, hospital refused to give them the HQL or Iver.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 12:57:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This is exactly right.
View Quote

Actually no it isn't

Rev 13
Also it causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand or the forehead,17so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name.18This calls for wisdom: let the one who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man, and his number is 666.

1 Tim 6:10
For the love of money is the root of all evil.

The mark will be taken for the sake of commerce.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 1:06:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
FPNI like a sledgehammer between the eyes.
View Quote

This.  And it is a Cult with a following founded in fear and a twisted love of mandated tyranny, it has it's own Evangelists, Priests, and Propoganda.  
The virus is real, just like most it can be deadly.  But it is the power grab that is most  hair raising.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 1:08:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Actually no it isn't

Rev 13
Also it causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand or the forehead,17so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name.18This calls for wisdom: let the one who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man, and his number is 666.

View Quote

If government tries to implement a system that enables businesses, government entities, etc. to require proof of vaccination in order to let people into buildings, do transactions, etc. they will screw it up.

I'm a medical database developer and administrator.  Trust me on this.  The state of California is already flailing in an attempt to create a real-time, online vaccination verification system.  Businesses are relying on an HONOR SYSTEM to gauge whether or not people have been vaccinated.

Link Posted: 7/4/2021 1:09:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Took the vax.
Not taking the Mark for any reason.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 1:13:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Brave man
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 1:14:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Actually no it isn't

Rev 13

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is exactly right.

Actually no it isn't

Rev 13

I understood that to be the consequences of not taking the mark?
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 1:16:38 PM EDT
[#14]
You won't be tricked into getting the mark of the beast and it will be done on your hand or forehead. You will have the opportunity to get the mark to buy or sell and you will know what it is and what it is for. I believe we are getting closer to it now than ever before, as the bible/ tells us what to look for in end times-Lawlessness-look at just our country in many areas with good now being evil and evil being good-at least in the "laws eyes", knowledge will increase, famine/earthquakes-look at some of the issues we are having some states/countries with water being an issue, nation against nation/wars and rumors of wars-how many times is just our nation against itself, the nations rising against Israel- we can see that now in our political climate  as look at the way our political system is working and deceiving many, etc.. I am not saying I know when it will happen but we all must be prepared. You will have a choice.

Me, personally, I think the mark will be introduced along the lines with the advent of having our pets implanted with computer chips, is more so a telling than with vaccines. Look at what the chip gives us for our pets-you can find them if they are lost and some give medical history of the animal and that only names a few. It is done willingly by the owners. I wonder how much longer they will say the same thing for humans. You will have your whole medical history on it in case you are not able to speak, you won't need your money,credit card,driver's license, etc. as it will be on your person the whole time, it will help our loved ones to be found through tracking and that is only a few off the top of my head. Look at some large companies doing it now for their employees. The embedded chip allows access to/from the building and only lets you go where you are able/allowed to go. I am not saying this is how it will go down and that the mark is a computer chip but only to show as an example what is happening now and how people are accepting things for the good/benefit of themselves. Like I said, it will be a mark of some sort that you will willingly get in your hand or forehead.

Another thing is even if you don't take the mark and don't have Jesus as your savior, you are just as doomed as if you took the mark. If you believe in the bible, you will read and see that. There is nothing we can do on our own that would allow God to accept our offering in this world-being a good person, going to church everyday,etc., just as it was for Cain, it is only something you can receive and believe in. Jesus is the only way to the Father, the only way and there is no other.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 1:22:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

...Me, personally, I think the mark will be introduced along the lines with the advent of having our pets implanted with computer chips, is more so a telling than with vaccines. Look at what the chip gives us for our pets-you can find them if they are lost and some give medical history of the animal and that only names a few. It is done willingly by the owners. I wonder how much longer they will say the same thing for humans. You will have your whole medical history on it in case you are not able to speak, you won't need your money,credit card,driver's license, etc. as it will be on your person the whole time, it will help our loved ones to be found through tracking and that is only a few off the top of my head....
View Quote

My cats are microchipped FWIW.

Being in the medical data field, the idea of a centralized repository of human medical history that connects people to their state IDs, bank information, Social Security accounts, etc. seems to me as far in the future than it was when I got into the field a decade ago.  Tower of Babel is more like what's happening now.

I don't believe the COVID-19 vaccines are going to accelerate the intended process at all.

It's not happening any time soon.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 1:45:43 PM EDT
[#16]
There are fates worse than death~ The Injection Fraud -Catherine Austin Fitts

Link Posted: 7/4/2021 2:14:33 PM EDT
[#17]
I am not talking about vaccines but about the "mark of the beast" you mentioned. Vaccines are not bad in themselves but can have side effects and some people won't get it/them until it is more clearly researched/developed, not because of the chance of getting the "mark".  As you stated, you are an apostate, so I understand you don't believe in God or that the bible is God's word or the "mark",  as the "mark" is biblical and requires faith in God's word. You state/reference from this writing, from what I understand, people fearing something that can be beneficial as well as it being a sign/mark of damnation causes them not to get it, which has noting to do with the "mark". It will be done on the hand or forehead and you will know what  it is for. It won't be hidden in something else. If you believe in God and what He has said, you take it on faith it will happen. Just because you have some experience in the data field doesn't make you an authority on it. I am not trying to provoke you but it depends on your faith. If you are trying to rationalize why people do/don't get a vaccine as it might cause you to be damned due to receiving the "mark", that is not the case or true for each person(see my statement  below) and those people that believe that have not read what the bible says about it. You do seem to provoke others into a false narrative and rationalization into not believing in what God's plan is by associating certain writings such as the one you mentioned.

Many people over the years tend to believe what they do or don't like about the bible and use it as such. They throw away the parts they don't like and only cling to what they want, instead of what God wants us to do. God tells us what He wants us to know about Him in the bible. It has survived many years of translations and is still the same, with the scripts we still have today written many hundreds of years ago. Obviously, animals do not make a conscious decision to receiving the mark, only that I mentioned it will be something that people will choose to do on their own, not tricked into it.  Believe in what you like or not, that is your choice. I will pray for you.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 2:16:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Show me stats in 5 years and I’ll consider it. For now I’ll stick to my Flu and Pneumonia jabs because I know the risks and rewards and there’s decades of data to backup those decisions.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 2:23:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

(End)

God gave us the free will to turn our back on Him, as well.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 2:52:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

The two bolded sections warrant further discussion. What ultimately does somebody in past their life expectancy is almost irrelevant. The problem is that you look at death as avoidable when it is not. The cause does not matter. When you age, you have more and more health problems as your body breaks down. Some are more stubborn than others, but whether it's something "obvious" like cancer or something less so like aspirational pneumonia there is always the risk of death with any health situation. Given that the median age of death associated with COVID is at or above life expectancy I don't understand the way it's treated. The risk of death from COVID is essentially the same as the risk of dying from any cause year over year, even at advanced ages. The risk of death from a fall at the age of 40 is close to zero, while at the age of 80 it's substantially higher. Same with influenza. Same with pneumonia. The older you get, the less capable you are of recovery from ANYTHING. Treating COVID like it's the first communicable disease is insane. I guess the point here is that your mother is at elevated risk from everything. The second part follows the first and is along similar lines.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 4:21:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Show me stats in 5 years and I’ll consider it. For now I’ll stick to my Flu and Pneumonia jabs because I know the risks and rewards and there’s decades of data to backup those decisions.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/4/2021 4:23:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/179550/73EF1387-6C90-4426-BF08-D31F05D73DCF-1956865.jpg

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 4:31:16 PM EDT
[#23]
OST
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 4:32:53 PM EDT
[#24]
The Mark is something taken willingly. It is not something where you will get it without knowing what it is and then find out later and be like, "crap, I am screwed." The choice to get it will be made willingly.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 5:10:48 PM EDT
[#25]
lol good luck with your jab longterm OP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top