Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2019 8:46:37 PM EDT
https://taskandpurpose.com/finally-the-best-travel-deals-for-military-personnel-and-dod-civilians-are-all-in-one-place
A new online travel booking platform will ensure the "best deals" possible for current and retired members of the U.S. military, as well as Department of Defense civilians.
The Department of Defense partnered with Priceline to create the American Forces Travel website that launched Tuesday (Jan 25th).

https://www.americanforcestravel.com/
A joint service initiative has developed its first official online vacation travel site, American Forces Travel?, with Priceline® as the service provider.
The site offers travel deals and benefits just for you!
American Forces Travel? provides access to a wide selection of discounted rates on hotels, air fare, rental cars, vacation packages, cruises and much more!
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 8:52:52 PM EDT
[#1]
If it's anything like DTS, I wouldn't touch it with an 87' pole
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 9:05:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I travel using DTS probably 8-10 times a year, and DTS in my opinion is a wonderful tool.  It's one stop shopping- Lodging, air travel, rental car - all your travel needs, in one place.  Then on your return, you submit your voucher using the same system.  DTS is NOT the problem.

It's the fucking people in the approval chain that fuck it up by not doing their goddamn jobs.  Not reviewing or approving in a timely manner, kicking shit back for missing documents when they're attached- it's the PEOPLE that fuck it.

I traveled with the DoD before DTS, and it was a pain in the ass getting advances, locking on all the travel - lodging, airfare, rental.  It sucked.

What they need to do is get a mobile app for DTS.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 9:14:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I travel using DTS probably 8-10 times a year, and DTS in my opinion is a wonderful tool.  It's one stop shopping- Lodging, air travel, rental car - all your travel needs, in one place.  Then on your return, you submit your voucher using the same system.  DTS is NOT the problem.

It's the fucking people in the approval chain that fuck it up by not doing their goddamn jobs.  Not reviewing or approving in a timely manner, kicking shit back for missing documents when they're attached- it's the PEOPLE that fuck it.

I traveled with the DoD before DTS, and it was a pain in the ass getting advances, locking on all the travel - lodging, airfare, rental.  It sucked.

What they need to do is get a mobile app for DTS.
View Quote
I also travel 8-10 times a year via DTS. And I've been going TDY for over 21 years. I remember the pre-DTS days. If it's a simple TDY with one LOA and nothing changes, DTS is great. But if it's being paid out of multiple LOAs and you're taking leave and the authorization doesn't get stuck in processing, it works. However, I'm batting about 500 with flawless DTS experiences.  In fact, I've been wrestling DTS for over a week trying to get it to get my latest voucher correctly. Can't be done, the program is broken. I have a trouble ticket in to perhaps get some help, but I'm guessing it'll be a few weeks before this one gets paid.

I think the concept of DTS is awesome, but the IT execution of it sucks. It just doesn't work sometimes, and when it doesn't, there's really no incentive to fix it in a timely manner. I couldn't imagine Priceline or a commercial site having those type issues without a lot of resources being pumped in to fix them instantly.

What I don't enjoy is having to be my own travel agent and finance expert to get paid.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 12:45:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I think all DTS authorizers should be required to pay all their bills via DTS, and the kast person they fucked over is their approver.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 1:26:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
FP Knocks it out of the park
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top