BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 10:59:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's like people that smoke, it's a bad habit, and people should be able to judge others based on their bad habits.

Why take a nip every now and then? Other than it being a bad habit.

Drinking, like most other drugs, is probably best for social situations and used sparingly.
View Quote

Busybodies always rationalize their behavior.  Ask a lefty and they can go on about how they "should be able to" stop you from owning guns.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 10:59:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Keeping reality at bay for hundreds of years...
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:01:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

@Bama-Shooter sell me one! I can't imagine using 3 reloads in my chest rig, and If i'm wearing it, shit is so bad I'm gonna want a drink
View Quote

Count me in too.

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:02:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
87% of the time it's so we can deal with people like you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I pity people that can't make it through the day without booze.
If everyone you meet is an asshole...
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:02:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I didn't say 100% of the time.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:03:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Put another way:

"The Year 2020 is driving even more Americans towards alcoholism"

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:03:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Busybodies always rationalize their behavior.  Ask a lefty and they can go on about how they "should be able to" stop you from owning guns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's like people that smoke, it's a bad habit, and people should be able to judge others based on their bad habits.

Drinking, like most other drugs, is probably best for social situations and used sparingly.

Where did I say once that I thought it shouldn't be allowed?

Be an alcoholic, I don't give a shit, I can still judge you for it though.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:03:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:04:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Also if you want to be very discreet, a whole bottle of wine will fit in a large starbucks cup with a lid
View Quote

https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/woman-drinking-wine-from-pringles-can-on-cart-banned-from-walmart

Pringles can is the go to for wine.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:04:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

And virtue signal about it, don't forget that
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:07:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:07:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not admonishing alcoholics to make myself look better, I drink usually once a week, alcohol is a fine drug to use from time to time.

I'm expressing an opinion on people that have bad habits. I'm sure you never judge people for their actions though.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:07:48 AM EDT
[#13]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also if you want to be very discreet, a whole bottle of wine will fit in a large starbucks cup with a lid

https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/woman-drinking-wine-from-pringles-can-on-cart-banned-from-walmart

Pringles can is the go to for wine.
I disagree.

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:08:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fair  

I don't have a leg to stand on on the hipster comments...  because I may or may not have wandered in to pick up my Chinese take out with a gun bucket on my hip and a loaded percussion revolver nestled inside.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:08:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Frankly, I sort of wish more people used flasks. I'm sick of walking the county roads near me and finding dozens of empty Fireball bottles.

I've got a nice one that my wife gave me. Usually used when I'm on the water or in the woods.
View Quote

That's one of the reasons I like a flask. Beer is nice to drink while out in nature, but sometimes there isn't a trash can nearby so it's a PITA to deal with the empties. I spend too much time picking up trash on the disc golf course to be littering myself.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:16:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I drink, but not so much that I have to carry a flask around with me. This is like a fat person walking around with a block of cheese in his pocket and then making fun of people that don't carry a block of cheese.

"anytime I run into one of YOU PEOPLE, I just take a bite of my cheese and I'm better."

Self control is a blessing and a curse amirite?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

“I feel sorry for people that don't drink, because when they wake up in the morning, that is the best they are going to feel all day-” Frank Sinatra.

I drink, but not so much that I have to carry a flask around with me. This is like a fat person walking around with a block of cheese in his pocket and then making fun of people that don't carry a block of cheese.

"anytime I run into one of YOU PEOPLE, I just take a bite of my cheese and I'm better."

So is virtue signaling.  

People aren't perfect, and some enjoy things you don't like.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:16:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Just pour it in a soda bottle.  I use a water bottle and vodka for church.  It looks more classy than a Mountain Dew bottle.
View Quote

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:17:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Fair  

I don't have a leg to stand on on the hipster comments...  because I may or may not have wandered in to pick up my Chinese take out with a gun bucket on my hip and a loaded percussion revolver nestled inside.
View Quote
Get both!

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:17:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Never thought I'd see so many people butt-hurt about someone else toting around a small container with a bit of hooch so they can have a nip now and then without going to a bar.  

GD never disappoints with the Puritan membership.

Having a flask doesn't automatically mean one is a hipster or an alcoholic.
View Quote

It's more about something missing in their lives causing them to lash out at others.  Kinda sad really.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:18:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

So is virtue signaling.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

“I feel sorry for people that don't drink, because when they wake up in the morning, that is the best they are going to feel all day-” Frank Sinatra.

So is virtue signaling.  

I'll remember this line for the ZOMG Pot Needles crowd
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:19:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Never thought I'd see so many people butt-hurt about someone else toting around a small container with a bit of hooch so they can have a nip now and then without going to a bar.  

I found your nose, it was in my business.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:19:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So is virtue signaling.  

Or face tats.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:20:24 AM EDT
[#23]
This reeks of beardy-velocipede hipster nonsense.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:21:25 AM EDT
[#24]
The wine rack:

Bangle flask:

Flask sandle:

It’s literally endless:

Having a digital camera these days is pretty suspicious though:
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:24:28 AM EDT
[#25]

I know a guy that got caught sneaking booze onto a cruise with shampoo bottles.

Instead of giving up the following year used some of those little tamper proof aluminum disks on them to make it look like they were brand new, he said it worked that time.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:25:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:25:53 AM EDT
[#27]
I can tell you first hand the Wine Rack is horrible. I was partying at Gaspirilla in Tampa one year and one of my friends had a winerack full of Jamesons. Body temp whiskey sitting in plastic all day was no bueno.

The flask mitten is fucking hilarious though.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:26:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I know a guy that got caught sneaking booze onto a cruise with shampoo bottles.

Instead of giving up the following year used some of those little tamper proof aluminum disks on them to make it look like they were brand new, he said it worked that time.
View Quote

Sir, why do you have a dozen bottles each of shampoo and conditioner for a 1 week cruise?

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:26:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It's "historical fashion".  They pick a era and scroll through google images until they find a look that gets their pussies wet.  Then they browse eBay for antique shit until their cart is complete.

Then they'll make a thread in GD extolling the nonexistent practical reasons why their old shit is better then the pleebians new shit, and that it's "totally not about fashion, y'all are just uncultured".

Lol
View Quote

This is probably accurate.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:27:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So is virtue signaling.  

And the stop being fat crowd. And the dirty inkies crowd. And the....
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:28:59 AM EDT
[#31]
I thought that's what camel backs were for.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:31:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I thought that's what camel backs were for.
View Quote

Can’t get a booze filled camelback through security at a festival/concert/etc.

The best thing about cowboy boots is the ability to get a few boot flasks through a quick pat down search.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:34:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Can't get a booze filled camelback through security at a festival/concert/etc.

The best thing about cowboy boots is the ability to get a few boot flasks through a quick pat down search.
View Quote
Yes you can.  You just leave the tube filled with water to demonstrate to the gate security you're bringing in water only

This was SOP when I was still attending Country Jam annually
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:37:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Yes you can.  You just leave the tube filled with water to demonstrate to the gate security you're bringing in water only

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't get a booze filled camelback through security at a festival/concert/etc.

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:41:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Unless you're offered a Rolex to quit...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nothing cool about being an alcoholic.

Unless you're offered a Rolex to quit...

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:42:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
REI Flask Set

I have taken this one on several climbing trips. Nesting cup, cap is a shot glass, Nalgeen. The old hippie lady who assisted me when I was there at REI said they sell way more of these than the metal ones.
View Quote

I've pretty much given up drinking but I've still got one of those I used to toss in my pack for camping trips.  It's held up well considering how it's been treated.  I've got a couple of other flasks as well including a small one that I used to carry in the little stove kit that I toss in my bag when fishing/bushcrafting/etc.  It's nice to be able to add a shot to your coffee sometimes, specially when it's cold.  

Just 'cause you carry a flask at times doesn't mean you're an alcoholic or even much of a drinker.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:45:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
https://dnyuz.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/The-Discreet-Charm-of-a-Flask-750x375.jpg

In January 1920, when Prohibition went into effect, the demand for flasks was so great that manufacturers couldn't keep pace. Devoted tipplers pressed baby bottles into service and filled hollow walking canes and faux books with spirits.

A century later, as we stare down another, colder season of coronavirus-induced social isolation, with restrictions on New York's bars and restaurants already in place, the humble flask is undergoing a resurgence, if less flamboyantly than a hundred years ago.

Pleasingly pocket size, leakproof and designed expressly for covert sipping, flasks confer espionage-style savoir faire to public drinking in a way that the cumbersome water bottle, with its wholesome VSCO-girl connotations, can't even hope to rival.

Stanley, a purveyor of stainless-steel portable beverage ware since 1913, has seen a huge increase in sales of its Classic Easy Fill Wide Mouth Flask 8oz ($25) during the pandemic, the company said. At the flask online superstore Flasks.com, the wedding-related flasks that have long driven revenue are down, while "smaller quantity orders" have risen sharply.

"Based on that, we can conclude that generally more individuals are purchasing and using hip flasks during the pandemic," said the owner Chris Barton. The Economy Hip Flask ($3.56) means even the cash strapped can join the walktail party.

Today public drinking remains banned in all but 11 states. But in New York, at least, the open-container law has relaxed (depending on the neighborhood, and who's doing the drinking). In 2016, the Manhattan district attorney's office announced it would no longer prosecute the low-level offense of drinking in public unless there's a demonstrated public safety reason to do so. This March, the state's liquor authority allowed drinks to go, though there have been subsequent crackdowns against congregation.

Nothing can replace the cozy pleasure of intimate conversation at a dimly lit bar. But from our bench on the Brooklyn Heights Promenade, Lower Manhattan twinkling before us, I hardly felt put out. I liked not risking the health of essential workers just so I could drink with a friend. When the wind gusted, yellow leaves from the beech trees we sat beneath blew into our hair, like shooting stars. None of this is a silver lining, exactly, but in this grim moment I'll settle for stainless steel.

https://dnyuz.com/2020/12/02/the-discreet-charm-of-a-flask/

I've used flasks for years.
View Quote
Lol, my GF bought me a flask for my birthday recently.

Cool idea, but when I asked her what I needed it for, you know, because I'm either drinking at home, or in a bar, she said, "well, what if your traveling?"

People don't think open container be like it do, but it do.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:46:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Another good trick is putting bourbon in applesauce squeezers.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:49:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotdamn new york.
I have a stainless flask that I got about 15 years ago. Always wanted to use. Just used it once when I played golf with my buds about 5 years ago. I need to break it out and use it again. It felt cool taking it out of my back pocket and taking a nip. With a great cigar.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:58:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Jameson in my flask for those early mornings in a cold duck blind. Add it to coffee or drink neat.

Life is good

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:59:13 AM EDT
[#41]
I used to bring a flask when I did a paintball "zombie hunt" thing a few years ago. It was the later half of october in PA and it got kinda nippy out. Getting shot in excess of 200 to 300 times a night fucking hurts, and the Dewars White Label I had helped mitigate the pain a bit.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:07:47 PM EDT
[#42]
I got these for an RV trip from Texas to New Mexico. State Parks make a big deal out of no VISABLE alcohol. But if you've ever been to a campsite like that everyone is drinking like all day. It's part of the fun.

anyway we kept a couple of these in the RV fridge and freezer. Took up less room than bottles, no noise when you were going down the road, and adding some almost frozen Tito's to your cup as soon as you make camp is pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:09:26 PM EDT
[#43]
I have a couple of flasks, they are quite handy but only get used a couple times a year.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:22:00 PM EDT
[#44]
SAME SAME

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:24:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
It's called a Balmer Peak. I was never a programmer but it is definitely a thing with me an foreign languages. I learned Russian over in Kyrgyzstan and just the right amount of alcohol would soften up my palate enough to pronounce things better. One drink more and it went to shit again. 1-2 .5L of Baltika and 1-2 shots of vodka was the sweet spot.

https://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/ballmer_peak.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I used to take a flask of Jack Daniels when I went snowboarding. It helped you feel a bit warmer. I also noticed that being just a little "loose" made me a better snowboarder, but too loose and you are a danger to everyone else- it's a fine line.
It's called a Balmer Peak. I was never a programmer but it is definitely a thing with me an foreign languages. I learned Russian over in Kyrgyzstan and just the right amount of alcohol would soften up my palate enough to pronounce things better. One drink more and it went to shit again. 1-2 .5L of Baltika and 1-2 shots of vodka was the sweet spot.

Holy shit, .14%?
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:27:51 PM EDT
[#46]
A nice flask is really good for hiking and fishing

It's sad so many people evidently think they're only for alcoholics. An alcoholic probably couldn't even get drunk with an average flask.

I like hiking to a nice spot and having a little drink while I look around
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:33:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Holy shit, .14%?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I used to take a flask of Jack Daniels when I went snowboarding. It helped you feel a bit warmer. I also noticed that being just a little "loose" made me a better snowboarder, but too loose and you are a danger to everyone else- it's a fine line.

Holy shit, .14%?
You're clearly not in programming or business development.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:34:16 PM EDT
[#48]
I've had the Stanley Flask for years.  It's sturdy, but heavy.

But it was mostly replaced by a Keith Titanium flask.  Holds about 5 ounces, much lighter.  I wish the cap was attached.

I carry a flask to poker night.  A) I'm not bringing a bottle that some may see as a challenge to empty.  B) 5 ounces is plenty for a trip around the table a couple times.  C) I don't have to carry the damn bottle.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:36:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:40:15 PM EDT
[#50]
People don't carry a flask?
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top