Page / 51
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:27:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Delicious
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:29:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can anybody post some high res files and maybe put them in Dropbox for us all to download?
View Quote
Edit: Deleted bad link.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:29:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
How long before the powers that be nuke this thread because the NRA can do no wrong ?
View Quote
Well the primary culprit for that... doesn't really do that anymore... or anything here.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:29:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Over 11 years?

For a guy that goes on TV and attends events as the head of the NRA that does not seem like an insane amount, not over 11 years...

What do good suits cost?
View Quote
Really, you are defending this jackass's action?
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:29:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Let's put Nolo in charge of the NRA-ILA, SuperMoose in Wayne's place, RustedAce in charge of all the guns in the museum(he can hire GunJesus to help), and XCRMonger to cover the need for CatLady duties.

Adam looks a lot better in a suit than Wayne(no homo) from the Recoil shoot.

I vote we have RustedAce get Cola Warrior added as an Olympic Event!
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:32:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm having trouble understanding some of the air travel expenses.  For example, the one listed as Reno/Wash for $40,345.00, or Reno/LA for $7075.  It's hard to understand how he could spend that much flying commercial, even with first class purchased the same day as travel.  I'm open to considering there could be an explanation, like he paid for a charter jet to move 100 employees.  But, why would he be paying for it instead of a buyer for the association that would presumably get competitive bids?
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:32:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Folks... this is gonna be hard to swallow but if the NRA goes down in flames, there won't be an organization strong enough to stand against the anti-gunner's in Washington.

If you think the NRA is corrupt, compare it to the DNC..
View Quote
Who says there is now?

The pro-2a strength comes from gun owning voters, not the NRA.

Shit, look what happened with Obama, people freaked out, bought guns in record numbers, both republicans and democrats, and Obama knew not to push gun control. The NRA didn't do that, we did.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:33:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
To sum all this up...90% of donations to the NRA are going to everything BUT defending your gun rights.
View Quote
Gee, what a surprise...
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:35:04 AM EDT
[#9]
As a past CFO, this is fucking appalling.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:35:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I would rather see us all shake hands and agree that the only way to right this ship is too keep the pressure on the board to assert itself and act in the best interest of the membership.

I believe this was released by a board member.  Which means we're getting through to them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think some members here are owed an apology. Also Tim needs to be let back in. We told you these fucks were dirty and robbing you blind.
I would rather see us all shake hands and agree that the only way to right this ship is too keep the pressure on the board to assert itself and act in the best interest of the membership.

I believe this was released by a board member.  Which means we're getting through to them.
You mean the board that voted to change how the board was voted in so that it could cherry pick the BOD and make it harder for members to get BOD's they want voted in?
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:35:55 AM EDT
[#11]
JFC, this is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:36:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
JFC, this is ridiculous.
View Quote
I suspect some of it is criminal, to boot.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:40:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This will either be really good for us, or really bad.

If Wayne goes, we need to support the NRA. If we don't, it's over and no one is filling those shoes.
View Quote
This.  NO ONE on this board should be gloating about this.  The organization needs to be saved, not cast away.

WLP needs to be expelled, immediately.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:40:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You mean the board that voted to change how the board was voted in so that it could cherry pick the BOD and make it harder for members to get BOD's they want voted in?
View Quote
I believe that was the executive committee and not the members at large.

There are essentially two boards. The smaller one of Wayne cronies, and the larger one made up of primarily apathy and malaise.

But I don't know what else we can do.  Anyone in this thread not defending this has already stopped contributing.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:41:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This.  NO ONE on this board should be gloating about this.  The organization needs to be saved, not cast away.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If Wayne goes, we need to support the NRA. If we don't, it's over and no one is filling those shoes.

There's nothing to gloat about. It's embarrassing.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:41:39 AM EDT
[#16]
https://www.thetrace.org/features/nra-financial-misconduct-ackerman-mcqueen/
Good article, here are some highlights:

Regarding Ackerman McQueen:
For instance, the company has worked closely with LaPierre’s wife, Susan, who maintains an Ackerman email address and was briefly employed there, in the mid-1990s.
View Quote
LaPierre promised reforms. As a board member named Weldon Clark recalled, in an affidavit filed with the Federal Election Commission, LaPierre said that he would replace Ackerman with the Mercury Group, a communications firm in Washington, D.C. According to the affidavit, though, an inquiry by board members “revealed that Mercury Group, Inc. was a wholly owned subsidiary of Ackerman McQueen.”
View Quote

In 2010, Tyler Schropp, a former executive at the Mercury Group, was brought in to lead the NRA’s advancement team, a fundraising group that targets wealthy members. As Schropp reshaped the department, he steered more business toward Ackerman McQueen; Davis recalled that the relationship “skyrocketed.”
View Quote
A financial audit from 2017 revealed that it had nearly reached the limit of a $25 million line of credit. Additionally, it had been forced to liquidate more than $2 million from an investment fund, borrow almost $4 million from its officers’ life-insurance policies, and tap another $5 million from its affiliated charitable foundation.
View Quote
A bit longer tidbit:
Click To View Spoiler

State records reveal several arrangements that Marc Owens described as “extraordinary.” One involves LaPierre. The records say that his contract “provides for consulting services and personal appearances upon the end of his employment, at an annual rate that starts at his currently contracted final base salary and is later reduced.” LaPierre earns more than $1 million a year. “I’ve never seen anything like that before,” Owens said.
View Quote
Last August, the NRA, in desperate need of funds, raised its dues for the second time in two years. To cut costs, it has eliminated free coffee and water coolers at its headquarters and has frozen its employees’ pension plans
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:41:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

There are essentially two boards. The smaller one of Wayne cronies, and the larger one made up of primarily apathy and malaise and resume padding.

But I don't know what else we can do.  Anyone in this thread not defending this has already stopped contributing.
View Quote
FTFY
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:41:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm having trouble understanding some of the air travel expenses.  For example, the one listed as Reno/Wash for $40,345.00, or Reno/LA for $7075.  It's hard to understand how he could spend that much flying commercial, even with first class purchased the same day as travel.  I'm open to considering there could be an explanation, like he paid for a charter jet to move 100 employees.  But, why would he be paying for it instead of a buyer for the association that would presumably get competitive bids?
View Quote
It's probably a charter with around 12-people on it. Not hundreds. Reno to Washington DC. $40k sounds reasonable.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:43:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

There are essentially two boards. The smaller one of Wayne cronies, and the larger one made up of primarily apathy and malaise.

View Quote
Apathy and malaise.  Why don't I ever see that on any of the BOD candidate biographies?  All I ever see is "tireless"
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:46:25 AM EDT
[#20]
I've opened up a thread in Team for the specific purpose of extracting relevant information in this thread. We need to get a clear, coherent picture of what precisely is going on.

If anyone can OCR the original leaked docs and put them in the Team thread (maybe as pdf's?) that would be a big help.

Building a relationship map may also help (some may exist online? Muckity maybe?)
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:46:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It's probably a charter with around 12-people on it. Not hundreds. Reno to Washington DC. $40k sounds reasonable.
View Quote
Taking coach or even business class to SHOT with the dirty gun owning public is gauche yo.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:47:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Maybe NetJets or something? Maybe some of our pilots can add info

@chadjetlag @vne @tc717
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:47:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I was wondering what the connection was.

So, yeah.  No wonder they wouldn't allow an audit.  WLP might very well wind up in pound me in the ass prison.
View Quote
That would be absolutely glorious.  I might actually buy a life membership then.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:47:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I've opened up a thread in Team for the specific purpose of extracting relevant information in this thread. We need to get a clear, coherent picture of what precisely is going on.

If anyone can OCR the original leaked docs and put them in the Team thread (maybe as pdf's?) that would be a big help.

Building a relationship map may also help (some may exist online? Muckity maybe?)
View Quote
I'm not sure arf GD has enough weaponized autism stockpiled to get this done but would love to be proven wrong.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:49:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
As a past CFO, this is fucking appalling.
View Quote
Once we get all the docs assembled in a little better format, a CFO-analysis of the numbers would be a big help.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:50:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stop pretending the NRA is the end all be all of pro-2a and get people to realize they have to grassroots if they want anything done, not be lazy and cut checks for waynes suits and say "they did their part".

"I believe that was the executive committee and not the members at large. "
"At this point, what difference does it make"
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:50:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

That would be absolutely glorious.  I might actually buy a life membership then.
View Quote
If that happens, it will probably be more thanks to the NYSAG's office than anything else and the NRA won't exist for you to buy a life membership to it.

That's the worst part of all of this.  They've given the NYS government all the ammunition they need to destroy the organization.  And NY politicians score mega points with their asshole leftist voters for attacking the NRA.  Just think what kind of street cred the state AG will get for being the person who killed the NRA?
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:51:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Who were the specific board members that voted in the change?

We can put them under the microscope too.

The goal is to clean out the corrosive and the dead wood at the top.

Make the NRA functional again.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:51:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Time to fucking go Wayne, you piece of shit.
View Quote
Shady cat, he can do it on someone else’s dime.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:51:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Taking coach or even business class to SHOT with the dirty gun owning public is gauche yo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not saying it's reasonable that he took a charter. I was just explaining the charge.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:52:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Almost 300k in suits in 10yrs, frankly unless he's Oprah with fluctuating weight, that looks more like embezzlement than suit purchases. That's almost 30k a year, and even Z Zenga ain't that bad. You've seen the monkey suits he wears publicly. Suspicion aroused.
View Quote
Yup suspicious.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:52:39 AM EDT
[#32]
3 million dollar a month law firm for fucking what? The NRA was not litigating shit.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:52:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The link in the op is probably as good as they're going to get.

ftp://67.190.79.35/sda1/nra2019documents1-clean

You could always convert them to a single pdf or print them all.
View Quote
Link not working for anyone else?
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:52:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

If that happens, it will probably be more thanks to the NYSAG's office than anything else and the NRA won't exist for you to buy a life membership to it.

That's the worst part of all of this.  They've given the NYS government all the ammunition they need to destroy the organization.  And NY politicians score mega points with their asshole leftist voters for attacking the NRA.  Just think what kind of street cred the state AG will get for being the person who killed the NRA?
View Quote
Maybe the BOD can bug out to the Carribean where the NRA stashed millions. I still want to know what that money is actually invested in. Off shore banking, investment accounts, or member funded beach houses for Wayne and friends?
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:53:34 AM EDT
[#35]
ost for later
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:54:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
I know what you could do....

you could help lapierre, like his last outreach asked for....

you could give him and the nra money, to help in the nra first amendment right's lawsuit against n.y., so they can continue to illegally sell insurance again.

in fact, you should give all your money, savings, and retirement, to help him and the nra, since you are so dedicated.

a lot of people have seen nothing will change in the nra, until lapierre and cabal are gone.

and now, most of the board, also.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:57:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
https://www.thetrace.org/features/nra-financial-misconduct-ackerman-mcqueen/
Good article, here are some highlights:

Regarding Ackerman McQueen:

A bit longer tidbit:
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
In something as potentially complex as this, a visual relationship map may make things easier to analyze. Specifically, circular relationships where a few people enrich themselves at the expense of the goal of the organization.

If we can present a case clearly enough of the appearance of fraud (the real case will of course take years), it may be enough to convince the board to shitcan WLP, if for no other reason than to protect themselves from being dragged into it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:58:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
i've started several attempts to get people interested in the finances.... there just isn't enough people interested in it on the board to make the effort worth it.

there is probably only a small fraction of the board that cares what is going on with the nra, and the others that see these things, are excusing it and doing the 'the 2nd amendment will go away if the nra fails, so you have to support the nra' b.s.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:58:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
That’s a depressingly concise and correct summary.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 1:03:36 AM EDT
[#40]
The Left will be all over this...they finally got something real.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 1:05:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The Left will be all over this...they finally got something real.
View Quote
As members we failed to police our own. We deserve it ever since Mr. Knox was kicked out.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 1:05:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'm not sure arf GD has enough weaponized autism stockpiled to get this done but would love to be proven wrong.
View Quote
Who knows. The Team thread can hopefully keep a tighter focus, while this one can go in every direction, as GD threads sometimes do.

Any relationship analysis tools Like this one may be useful.

Also, no reason not to sift through enemy research, like this DU link (obviously left cold) https://www.democraticunderground.com/10022048602

There is shady shit afoot, and WLP blocking an audit screams DIRTY.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 1:05:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You sure spelled "hanged" wrong...
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 1:06:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

In something as potentially complex as this, a visual relationship map may make things easier to analyze. Specifically, circular relationships where a few people enrich themselves at the expense of the goal of the organization.

If we can present a case clearly enough of the appearance of fraud (the real case will of course take years), it may be enough to convince the board to shitcan WLP, if for no other reason than to protect themselves from being dragged into it.
View Quote
I hear ya.I cant access the files in the main link in the OP, not working for me. Also working from an iPad for the foreseeable future until I can dedicate time to get the computer proper. If anyone has the files downloaded I can get them organized chronologically and hosted and probably OCR. PM me and ill provide email to send to.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 1:07:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

That is a shitty looking, ill fitting suit.
View Quote
My $200 clearance suit from JC Penny's looks 100x nicer than that
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 1:08:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Stop pretending the NRA is the end all be all of pro-2a and get people to realize they have to grassroots if they want anything done, not be lazy and cut checks for waynes suits and say "they did their part".

View Quote
Can I do both? Is that ok with you?
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 1:09:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Does this mean that MAC is unbanned?
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 1:11:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

you could give him and the nra money, to help in the nra first amendment right's lawsuit against n.y., so they can continue to illegally sell insurance again.

in fact, you should give all your money, savings, and retirement, to help him and the nra, since you are so dedicated.

a lot of people have seen nothing will change in the nra, until lapierre and cabal are gone.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

you're either reading me wrong or I'm reading you wrong.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 1:12:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, you cant! One or the other, whre do you think this is, ARFCom GD, land of "get both"?

wait... oh...
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 1:14:11 AM EDT
[#50]
That's just terrible. I read about half of those documents and appears that NRA is nothing more than WLPs personal slush fund.

Dude needs to go.
Page / 51
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top