BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 9:12:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A petite female standing alone in the subway at 4am is a bad idea. Also, if there's only one other person/group in the car, don't get in.

It doesn't justify the attack, but the above is/should be common sense.
View Quote
   It SHOULD be common sense, but have some sympathy for people who have grown up and lived their whole lives in very safe communities.    

It can be hard to properly appreciate theoretical risks, when they don't match year after year of your daily life experience.

On the other hand, instead of training everyone to be wary and skittish, maybe it would be better for governments to enact policies that create safe communities where people don't have to fear being a victim of violent crime every time they step out into public.

Link Posted: 12/17/2021 9:27:53 PM EDT
[#2]
A lone petite female should not be on a subway platform alone in NYC.  A very harsh lesson was taught.  I hope she can heal and goes on to have a very successful life.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 9:36:33 PM EDT
[#3]
That despicable white supremacist wearing blackface is just a slap in the face of POC!
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 9:55:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I never gave it a second thought to take the train from BKK into the city and walk to my hotel, did not even look at the clock, not because I am a truck-driving bad-knees Ip man - but because there is a stronk "don't fuck with ordinary business/tourist foreigners" system there.    Way outside of the big city at a MIL checkpoint, and both me and my local coworkers were not mistreated at all.   I have had many more encounters with shifty folks in Paris than in Bangkok  Of all of the countries I have visited for work, Thailand is one that I would like to return to as a tourist.

But LOL let's mock the ingenue because she is not built like a NFL linebacker with a decade of hand-to-hand training  How about some empathy for the victim?  FFS

NYC is a failed shithole with a decades of outdated PR, prove me wrong

@boer_adam
@adam_boer
@bohr_adam
whatever the fuck your name is been-around-the-world guy, no offense for my imperfect memory, someone will figure it out

Link Posted: 12/17/2021 11:07:51 PM EDT
[#5]
What kind of defensive weapon IS legal in NY to carry?  Anything?  Can you carry mace?

She needs to carry something, ANYTHING, and keep her head on a swivel.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 11:36:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 11:45:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That's a model?  Shit, there is hope for me after all
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/18/2021 4:51:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What kind of defensive weapon IS legal in NY to carry?  Anything?  Can you carry mace?
She needs to carry something, ANYTHING, and keep her head on a swivel move.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/18/2021 4:59:15 AM EDT
[#9]
She left Thailand and found The Jungle.

Link Posted: 12/18/2021 5:04:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That blood on the legs shot is kinda hot.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/18/2021 5:20:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I see that "blame the victim" is still alive and well in GD

View Quote

Leave your 2022 Platinum F-150 idling and unlocked in the grocery store parking lot with a pistol on the center console in a sporty part of town. Go shopping for 30 minutes. Everything will be as you left it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 6:25:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Why the hell did she get a lawyer? Planning on suing the city?
View Quote

It's NYC. They recently charged a man for taking a knife from a poor underprivileged fellow who was just attacking the man and his wife on a subway. The man didn't even stab the poor underprivileged fellow who just happened to attack the man and his wife on a subway.

Link Posted: 12/18/2021 6:28:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It's NYC. They recently charged a man for taking a knife from a poor underprivileged fellow who was just attacking the man and his wife on a subway. The man didn't even stab the poor underprivileged fellow who just happened to attack the man and his wife on a subway.
View Quote

It's NYC. A guy who plead guilty to menacing police with a machete right before he was shot by them later sued the city and the city paid him.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 6:29:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do you have a link?
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 6:30:21 AM EDT
[#15]
You have to expect things like that to happen in a friendly place like NY.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 6:38:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Do you have a link?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have a link?

It happened this year but it's NYC so any attempt to Google it comes up with endless other articles.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 6:39:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Tough way to learn a lesson, stay away from the lib cities, let them go down the drain.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 6:53:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You have to expect things like that to happen in a friendly place like NY.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/18/2021 8:24:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It happened this year but it's NYC so any attempt to Google it comes up with endless other articles.
View Quote

Thanks. I'm just interested in the legal gymnastics that the prosecutors used to charge him.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 8:33:20 AM EDT
[#20]
New York, New York! It's a hell of a town!
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 8:34:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
That blood on the legs shot is kinda hot.
View Quote

You're kinda sick.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 8:34:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Not a smart move riding the subway at 4 am.  She should have taken a uber.  She's not going to make that mistake again.
View Quote

She forgot she is not in Tokyo where it is safe to be in a subway at 4 am.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 8:35:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
New York, New York! It's a hell of a town!
View Quote

And women get beat in a hole in the ground.

Link Posted: 12/18/2021 8:58:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
“was waiting for the train home to Queens around 4 a.m.”

She’s lucky it wasn’t far far worse.
View Quote

That was my first thought.

In a place like that, at a time like that, you travel in a group, hopefully with a male. She should have stayed with her friends on one of their couches.

She’s cute, I feel bad for her. It’s too bad she had this dream of living somewhere and this happened, if she’s smart she’d go back to Thailand, or come live with my GF and me.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 9:09:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
"was waiting for the train home to Queens around 4 a.m."

She's lucky it wasn't far far worse.
View Quote
Could have chose a different time
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 9:16:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Can't imagine anyone wanting to go to New York. I don't understand why people intentionally go there.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 9:28:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Another animal doing animal shit…shocking.

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/18/2021 9:42:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
With the uptick in violence, seeing a lot more stories about foreigners and non-natives moving to NYC and getting their shit wrecked because they think they're in an episode of Friends.

That's really the problem - the idiots from the US grew up with a TV-fueled nonsensical understanding of the city from years ago when it was a less shitty place.   Many of the foreign idiots did the same or extrapolated from their own cities and forgot to factor in barbarians and marxists.

Being a victim doesn't mean you're not fucking retarded.   Although in some cases being young contributes quite a bit.

Young asian woman alone in the subway at 4AM, not paying attention.   I honestly hope she's learned a lesson and will pass it on to others.

Is it victim blaming when you tell someone they're stupid for strapping a bunch of steaks on and jumping in the tiger enclosure?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
With the uptick in violence, seeing a lot more stories about foreigners and non-natives moving to NYC and getting their shit wrecked because they think they're in an episode of Friends.

That's really the problem - the idiots from the US grew up with a TV-fueled nonsensical understanding of the city from years ago when it was a less shitty place.   Many of the foreign idiots did the same or extrapolated from their own cities and forgot to factor in barbarians and marxists.

Quoted:
I see that "blame the victim" is still alive and well in GD

Being a victim doesn't mean you're not fucking retarded.   Although in some cases being young contributes quite a bit.

Young asian woman alone in the subway at 4AM, not paying attention.   I honestly hope she's learned a lesson and will pass it on to others.

Is it victim blaming when you tell someone they're stupid for strapping a bunch of steaks on and jumping in the tiger enclosure?

Yep, when I think NYC I still think of it as in the French Connection or even Kojak episodes.   Who loves you coochycoo??

Link Posted: 12/18/2021 10:10:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Can't imagine anyone wanting to go to New York. I don't understand why people intentionally go there.
View Quote

NYC has a lot to offer in terms of attractions and entertainment. But, there are a lot of scumbags there as well.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 10:15:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

She thought NYC is a paradise for aspiring models.
View Quote

She bought into the propaganda.  A lot of foreigners believe certain violent segments of our population are just "made up".  Or is just America getting "racist".

I honestly hope she gets to see this guy walk on no bail and major media completely ignore it.   Or have his charges dropped.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 10:55:31 AM EDT
[#31]
There's that white supremacy rearing its ugly head again. Misogyny, too!

ETA:

Love that last quote in the article:

"We must show the world what we are capable of as New Yorkers."

You did that, already.

Link Posted: 12/18/2021 11:08:15 AM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 12/18/2021 11:12:10 AM EDT
[#33]

Barely any media talking about this
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 11:19:08 AM EDT
[#34]
How is this any different than the tens of thousands of others assaulted the same day?
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 11:24:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Anyone else notice that these have returned to tabloid-level reporting and stopped being national (i.e. CNN-level) news stories these past few months?

No longer Trump's fault?
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 11:36:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

She thought NYC is a paradise for aspiring models.
View Quote

And a democratic stronghold of love, inclusion, and compassion.

She just got a wake up call that shes been lied to, shes fair game, and no one would give a rats ass about her if one of those feral animals killed her.

Welcome to reality, sweetheart.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 11:40:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_exClmHJT8

View Quote

It was on the front page of the Post.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 11:46:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like he said.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 12:09:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
How is this any different than the tens of thousands of others assaulted the same day?
View Quote

It's not. This made the papers because the girl is kind of cute, a recent immigrant etc. An attack on a regular Joe would not attract any media attention.

I work in NYC. The other day, I was standing in the street by the job. There was a guy in his 50s, nicely dressed, standing on the sidewalk against a building, talking on the phone. Then a homeless guy passes by, carrying a huge bag of collected cans. He sees the guy, walks toward him, and spits on his shoes. The guy says WTF, the homeless dude says: " I will drop this bag and bash your head with a pipe". The guy cursed him out and walked the other way. The homeless kept on ranting and ranting. That's NYC for you.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 10:40:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Like he said.
View Quote

scroll up, I messed up your name and @ does not work with edits

@Bohr_Adam
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 10:41:29 PM EDT
[#41]
GD 11
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 10:54:57 PM EDT
[#42]
This must be a dupe, the assailant appears black in the surveillance footage.  RACIST story and video!  Damn you whitey!
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 10:55:59 PM EDT
[#43]
"Despite her ordeal, Jirajariyawetch doesn’t have any plans to leave New York."

"Though she’s gone back to using the transit system, she said, “It’s still terrifying.”"

So, I guess she hasn't learned a thing?

I feel bad about what happened, but these same people are the ones who will probably continue to vote Dem.

You'd think she'd consider a change of lifestyle and/or location to live....
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 10:56:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Let me guess...
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 10:59:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I never gave it a second thought to take the train from BKK into the city and walk to my hotel, did not even look at the clock, not because I am a truck-driving bad-knees Ip man - but because there is a stronk "don't fuck with ordinary business/tourist foreigners" system there.    Way outside of the big city at a MIL checkpoint, and both me and my local coworkers were not mistreated at all.   I have had many more encounters with shifty folks in Paris than in Bangkok  Of all of the countries I have visited for work, Thailand is one that I would like to return to as a tourist.

But LOL let's mock the ingenue because she is not built like a NFL linebacker with a decade of hand-to-hand training  How about some empathy for the victim?  FFS

NYC is a failed shithole with a decades of outdated PR, prove me wrong

@boer_adam
@adam_boer
@bohr_adam
whatever the fuck your name is been-around-the-world guy, no offense for my imperfect memory, someone will figure it out

View Quote

Genuinely not sure what you're asking of me here.

I've been to Bangkok, but only once, for a few days, as a tourist.

Link Posted: 12/18/2021 11:00:17 PM EDT
[#46]
I mean....F NYC
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 11:00:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Where was Paul Kersey?

Link Posted: 12/18/2021 11:10:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

I thought that you were a been-there-done-that-all-over-the-world guy

No worries, and much safer to meet up in Bangkok than NYC
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 11:19:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More than most, a lot fewer than many.

Wouldn't want to be hanging out much anywhere in Queens at 4am, but have been there too.

In Mexico at the moment, also managing to avoid public transit at 4am.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 11:29:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because it's not news?

People get mugged and beat in NYC all the time.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top